U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 10:19 AM

193 posts, read 257,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
^good grief. how can you still be getting conflicting numbers/stories after all this time working on it. its been close to two months!

my point exactly.

I called remote services and the rep I spoke to said that she sees where they owe me BUT she can't do anything about it and it's up to the Benefits Control Unit. I told her what the rep from that dept said and she apologized and said she was ask her supervisor and call me back but not sure when that would happen.

It's a BIG mess.

I'm going to my last resort. SOMEHOW, I got an email address of someone back in June. He was the only person to know how to do my pull forward so I'm hoping he's still there and will help me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 AM

44 posts, read 57,815 times
I spoke to the central ESC office & found out my "active issue" was that I had not earned money necessary to start a new claim. The rep corrected that since I had no income & said that I'll be using my Tier 2 money from the previous claim year.

So, I guess now I have a few weeks to see if the Tier 3 benefits get extended (if i need them) after my Tier 2 runs out. Hopefully Congress will go ahead & approve an extension this month. With Christmas sales on the horizon a failure to extend these would probably kill hopes of a recovery in the retail sector.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:56 AM

330 posts, read 412,894 times
odds on that are about 15million to 1.
if you catch my drift.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:03 PM

656 posts, read 1,020,887 times
Quote:
odds on that are about 15million to 1.
if you catch my drift.
possibly 16 million to 1

Old 11-17-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post
I spoke to the central ESC office & found out my "active issue" was that I had not earned money necessary to start a new claim. The rep corrected that since I had no income & said that I'll be using my Tier 2 money from the previous claim year.

So, I guess now I have a few weeks to see if the Tier 3 benefits get extended (if i need them) after my Tier 2 runs out. Hopefully Congress will go ahead & approve an extension this month. With Christmas sales on the horizon a failure to extend these would probably kill hopes of a recovery in the retail sector.
In the likelihood that the EUC08 program won't be extended, you can probably start collecting (x amount )of weeks of EB.
Unless.... something changes with the EB guidlines along with the Nov. deadline or if you've had any prior disqualifications ect...

Old 11-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
FYI- I just checked my online profile. As of this morn, my profile does state that I'm eligible for EB at the same monthly rate I was getting in year 1. The higher rate. Now, I guess the money will be deposited w/in three days. Yes, the ESC rep didn't say anything to me on the phone about coming in to review anything, and it looks like it's setup right online now. Final step- let's see if the money gets deposited properly.
EB is setup online if you qualify and continue to certify, however you'll recieve a review letter every 4 weeks by mail to report to your local office with your worksearch records, ect....
I've been through it 3 times already and probably will get my next letter in the mail this week.
Seems like those of us that rolled straight into EB from a tier are the ones having to report to the local office with the records.
I haven't heard of anyone that was put straight into EB right after the Overpayment issue, that has had to go into the local with their work searches... not to say that they won't., I just have't read anywhere of this happening to that group of people yet.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
possibly 16 million to 1

even more unlikely than extensions are NEW Tiers. even Democrats are saying they are really only going to be able to attempt extending what already exists.
so if you are coming to the end of EUC or EB, then even some extension isnt going to do anything.
they are trying to get something for those that got laid off 6 months ago, etc.
troubled troubled times are coming, whether you have a job or not, because millions of people without anything coming in are going to shift to other programs, or other...behaviors.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
even more unlikely than extensions are NEW Tiers. even Democrats are saying they are really only going to be able to attempt extending what already exists.
so if you are coming to the end of EUC or EB, then even some extension isnt going to do anything.
they are trying to get something for those that got laid off 6 months ago, etc.
troubled troubled times are coming, whether you have a job or not, because millions of people without anything coming in are going to shift to other programs, or other...behaviors.
Precisely!
And many of the other programs have tightened their guidlines to the point that many will be out in the cold!!!
I do forsee them voting something to be put into place for those newly unemployed.
I hate to be negative, but I really think it's highly unlikely this time around that they'll extend anything.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:31 PM

food stamp enrollment is skyrocketing, its nearly $6billion a month.
the Economic Policy Institute says that a $65 billion full year extension of unemployment benefits will result in those people spending $ that will actually SAVE 500,000 other jobs.

then there's Medicaid expenditures.

this all affects everyone. like it or not.

you say highly unlikely, i say it wont happen. not until there are some REALLY dire economic numbers reported. it may take months. this holiday hiring spike will reverse.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 PM

83 posts, read 245,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
EB is setup online if you qualify and continue to certify, however you'll recieve a review letter every 4 weeks by mail to report to your local office with your worksearch records, ect....
I've been through it 3 times already and probably will get my next letter in the mail this week.
Seems like those of us that rolled straight into EB from a tier are the ones having to report to the local office with the records.
I haven't heard of anyone that was put straight into EB right after the Overpayment issue, that has had to go into the local with their work searches... not to say that they won't., I just have't read anywhere of this happening to that group of people yet.
Thanks, that's not "too" much of a hassle, I guess, having to physically go in each month or so. That's what I wondered about. I just exhausted the final Tier 4 and have now rolled into EB. It'd be cool if we could just enter our job search records online. Seems like a waste to have to physically go to the office just so they can copy our records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or