Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 05:44 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,758,823 times

Advertisements

Ugh. Worry time again. Certified Sunday as usual. Said processing for payment. No payment today and payment history doesn't show this week. Benefits Exhausted for claims profile. Of course I didn't notice this while the ESC was opened.

I assume it's because I left tier 4 but now I'm terrified about EB because there were no warning messages and I've received nothing in the mail. I don't understand how it could say accepted for payment then change its mind.

I know I need to call the local office but if someone has been through this while exhausting tier 4 and it's par for the course please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 05:59 PM

83 posts, read 264,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Ugh. Worry time again. Certified Sunday as usual. Said processing for payment. No payment today and payment history doesn't show this week. Benefits Exhausted for claims profile. Of course I didn't notice this while the ESC was opened.

I assume it's because I left tier 4 but now I'm terrified about EB because there were no warning messages and I've received nothing in the mail. I don't understand how it could say accepted for payment then change its mind.

I know I need to call the local office but if someone has been through this while exhausting tier 4 and it's par for the course please let me know!
The same exact thing happened to me. I certified online fine and then didn't receive payment, because I'd finished Tier 4 and didn't realize it.

Upon calling ESC, I was told that my benefits were exhausted. The local ESC rep said she entered something in the system to roll me into EB. She told me to call back in a couple days to ensure the EB became effective. But, I didn't need to call back, because - by Thursday of the same week I hadn't received payment - my online profile did show that I rolled into EB, and the money for the week was deposited into my account by Friday.

Based on my experience, if you qualify for EB, had you called today, you would have the week's amount in your account by Fri. Of course, I state this strictly based on my experience. It seems our experiences are all different even when they are regarding the same things.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
if the supplemental questions, which is a change from how they followed up on those in EB before the overpayment fiasco, were the idea of some higher up to alleviate the overwhelming foot traffic, then clearly some reps didnt get the memo, and theyre defeating the purpose of them making the change.

Opack, i only hope that the posters here on this thread are not all on some food stamp thread here in 3 months. that things turn around.
its frustrating when i was in a Sears automotive dept yesterday, on my absolute last 1/8" of tire rubber, and buying cheap new ones on credit, that *I* have to help the desk guy navigate his computer screen.
Yeah, actually, it's entirely BS that I'm told to report in person when the text that accompanied the online supplemental questions specifically spelled out that I DO NOT need to report in person this week. I'm going to report back here regarding what I'm told when I go in person. Good grief.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:42 PM

776 posts, read 1,683,843 times
I got 10 bucks on "Oh no...you don't need to be here hon...you already did the supplemental questions online. Have a good day."

Old 12-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post
I got 10 bucks on "Oh no...you don't need to be here hon...you already did the supplemental questions online. Have a good day."
My review was actually today. I approached the counter and let the receptionist know that I'd received a letter prior to being alerted online that I did not need to report today. I even brought the text stating I didn't need to report today. She didn't have anything to say about it. Rather, she just typed something into the computer and told me to have a seat.

I waited a couple mins., and a group of us were called into a room whereby an ESC rep took our work search records out of the room to supposedly make copies for our files. She returned them, said "see you in a month," and sent us on our ways.

It was painless and took about 15 mins., but it seems we do need to report in person. When I explained to her that I'd received supplemental questions online that were accompanied by text telling me not to report, she said ESC is aware of such. That was it.

Gosh, our experiences are all different when it comes to these things. I guess I don't mind going down and turning in my work search records, but I truly hate the fact that the system continues to be misleading in telling folks NOT TO report!

Old 12-15-2010, 10:07 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
Yeah, actually, it's entirely BS that I'm told to report in person when the text that accompanied the online supplemental questions specifically spelled out that I DO NOT need to report in person this week. I'm going to report back here regarding what I'm told when I go in person. Good grief.
I'd bet 10 bucks also, that your told you don't need to be there since you answered the questions, however I don't have it

Old 12-15-2010, 10:11 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoletteW View Post
My review was actually today. I approached the counter and let the receptionist know that I'd received a letter prior to being alerted online that I did not need to report today. I even brought the text stating I didn't need to report today. She didn't have anything to say about it. Rather, she just typed something into the computer and told me to have a seat.

I waited a couple mins., and a group of us were called into a room whereby an ESC rep took our work search records out of the room to supposedly make copies for our files. She returned them, said "see you in a month," and sent us on our ways.

It was painless and took about 15 mins., but it seems we do need to report in person. When I explained to her that I'd received supplemental questions online that were accompanied by text telling me not to report, she said ESC is aware of such. That was it.

Gosh, our experiences are all different when it comes to these things. I guess I don't mind going down and turning in my work search records, but I truly hate the fact that the system continues to be misleading in telling folks NOT TO report!
Wow, I should have read this first (ha)
Yeah, it's not hard or time consuming to go in, but what a fiasco!
Totally opposite of what happened to me on Dec. 3rd!

Old 12-15-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Wow, I should have read this first (ha)
Yeah, it's not hard or time consuming to go in, but what a fiasco!
Totally opposite of what happened to me on Dec. 3rd!
Yeah, that's what I don't get--your experience is entirely different. In the end, what's the point in reporting, even if ESC does make copies? I mean, truly.

Is anything ever done with them? Probably not. I was re-reading some of the things jldjr(sp?) mentioned. He stated that his office makes copies but doesn't check, so what's the point? I guess if ESC gets audited by the State, it might need to show it's following protocol.

My local office had people sitting around waiting to be called for something separate than work search reviews. But, it was sort of dead. The lady that helped me said it's prob due to the weather. Every other time I've gone over the last year or so, it's been slammed.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:13 PM

776 posts, read 1,683,843 times
Well...this complicates things, doesn't it? Jeez. I mean, I was told that my claim states that I have fulfilled the requirement and do not need to attend the appointment, as was the case back in late October. And just like back in October, it was the main Raleigh HQ that was telling me that I did not have to attend and it was my local Raleigh office telling me that I do have to attend. Same scenario as today.

Maybe I'll try to call them once more and tell them to physically look at my claim again and make certain that the appointment is fulfilled. I figure if two separate reps tell me that I don't have to attend...that will pretty much seal the deal for me. However, if I get any more conflicting information, I'll have to coordinate with the Mrs. and head down there. And if I don't go, I'm also going to send an email just so there's a paper trail.

This might be something where every office is different. Or not...because like I said, my local Raleigh office with reps that don't look at my claim tell me that I am required to attend while the main customer service line in Raleigh look at my claim and tell me I don't need to attend. You'd think a bulletin, maybe via e-mail, sent to ALL reps, addressing how to handle questions like these, would be in order.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:10 PM

22 posts, read 68,231 times
Hi fellows, can somebody help me with my unemployment benefits?

I have been collecting my unemployment benefits since January 2010 for over 26 weeks now, and that has ended on August, 2010. I went into my local office here in Charlotte area and they have extended my unemployment benefits up to 3 extra months. However, I called in the office today to find out how much money I have left in my account. They told me I only have $300 left. This money will last me up to December 27, 2010..... So that's almost 2 weeks from today. Will I be able to apply for an extension? Any recommendations? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina