Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 AM

20 posts, read 44,643 times

Advertisements

I have 5 weeks of EB left and when I filed my certification this morning it said my Benefit Year (2nd) had ended. Do I need to call and set up another or will the EB keep paying out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 03:12 PM

8 posts, read 20,416 times
I filed my NCESC weekly claim like always on Sunday(yesterday) and said claim accepted like always. Then, I noticed my usual direct deposit didn't go in today. So I went and checked my online NCESC profile and it says BENEFITS EXHAUSTED. I have been on unemployment since mid June 2009. Like many people I have found jobs are not out there. In fact today our city News paper had 4 jobs. WOW. Anyways, I called NCESC and they said that a lot of people called with my situation today, but they would have to return my call tomorrow. So, I thought that I fell in the latest extension...so where are the benefits and where was a letter to warn me of this...Is something going on? Is it over? I am clueless as I can be. Can someone give me some insight???? Thanks. Oh and if anyone else has run into this today let me know.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:29 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingonline View Post
I have 5 weeks of EB left and when I filed my certification this morning it said my Benefit Year (2nd) had ended. Do I need to call and set up another or will the EB keep paying out?
hmm? Well that will be my question here in about 6 weeks.
After my 2nd year ends Feb 6th, I'll still have 7 weeks of EB I would've been able to collect.
Awhile ago someone posted on this thread that if you try to setup a new 3rd year you may be able to have the remainder of that EB pulled forward.
I know back a year ago they would'nt pullforward EB.
However ,now since the huge OP issue the rules seemed to have changed.
You may try to setup a new year online or by phone and see what happens., worst case scenario is your done and best case, you'll get a pullforward of the 5 weeks of your money you have left.
Please post back here when you find out, I'll be very curious as to what happens with this.
Goodluck!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlle78 View Post
I filed my NCESC weekly claim like always on Sunday(yesterday) and said claim accepted like always. Then, I noticed my usual direct deposit didn't go in today. So I went and checked my online NCESC profile and it says BENEFITS EXHAUSTED. I have been on unemployment since mid June 2009. Like many people I have found jobs are not out there. In fact today our city News paper had 4 jobs. WOW. Anyways, I called NCESC and they said that a lot of people called with my situation today, but they would have to return my call tomorrow. So, I thought that I fell in the latest extension...so where are the benefits and where was a letter to warn me of this...Is something going on? Is it over? I am clueless as I can be. Can someone give me some insight???? Thanks. Oh and if anyone else has run into this today let me know.
My benefits have said exhausted since I entered EB in Nov.... however I get paid every week (ha)
However, since yours just posted at the new status, then it could be that you finished a tier and are now enetering into and up to 20 weeks of EB..?
Do you know what tier you were in before you certified this week?
The senate vote passed the bill and the Pres. signed for the euco8 program to continue straight through til Jan 2011, so there shouldn't be an issue with anything like that.

If they don't return your call tomorrow, I'd call them right away !
Let us know what you find out!
(Goodluck!)

Old 01-03-2011, 04:49 PM

8 posts, read 20,416 times
I think that I was in the tier that lasted 13 weeks ( I think). I started unemployment in June 10, 2009. So, not sure where that put me. Yes, everything looked fine when I filed yesterday. No odd messages when I filed on Sunday. It was normal as ever...just no direct deposit...I am pretty freaked out. However, this isn't the first time. Being on unemployment is quite stressful. I will let you all know what happens. Maybe my bank is running behind....(fingers crossed)!
I will update you all.
Thanks for the reply. It is nice to talk with people who understand.
Kind regards,
T78

Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 AM

18 posts, read 29,961 times
My 2nd year ends on 1/8/11. Can I claim this final week if my year end is over? 1/8/11 is on a Saturday, so how can I get this last week of EB? Thanks!

Old 01-04-2011, 02:16 PM

193 posts, read 285,793 times
KC and oPack.. maybe you 2 could help..

Yall remember my under payment issue. Well, they took it out of my balance. They paid me with my own money. I called this morning and the rep said "sorry.. nothing i can do. i cannot see where your Eb started 10-24.. only 9-12. "

My original balance was $8060. She stated I have $1612 left which is 4 weeks. The underpayment that they owed and paid was $2327, which is 5.7 weeks for me. Before I was paid my underpayment, I was told and even showed online that my EB start date was 10/24. Magically, after I was paid the $2327, it went to 9/12.

Is it me? Or does this not make any sense? Were they/Did they pay underpayments with your own money????

Old 01-04-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .50 millionaire View Post
My 2nd year ends on 1/8/11. Can I claim this final week if my year end is over? 1/8/11 is on a Saturday, so how can I get this last week of EB? Thanks!
Yes you should get a full week, as the benefit week ends 1/8 on your year end date.
File Sunday 1/9 it'll go through,

Old 01-04-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
KC and oPack.. maybe you 2 could help..

Yall remember my under payment issue. Well, they took it out of my balance. They paid me with my own money. I called this morning and the rep said "sorry.. nothing i can do. i cannot see where your Eb started 10-24.. only 9-12. "

My original balance was $8060. She stated I have $1612 left which is 4 weeks. The underpayment that they owed and paid was $2327, which is 5.7 weeks for me. Before I was paid my underpayment, I was told and even showed online that my EB start date was 10/24. Magically, after I was paid the $2327, it went to 9/12.

Is it me? Or does this not make any sense? Were they/Did they pay underpayments with your own money????
Unbelievable!!!!
So theyunderpayed you gave you a check and then deducted that amy from your EB????
Wow!
I have no clue why anything they do still suprises me!
There was someone else on here a few pages back that posted to Opack that they also recieved a refund check and was now collecting EB. Wonder if you can find them and ask if that also happened to them.
I'd pursue this if I were you, it just sounds so wrong and so crazy for them to do that.
Why even give you a refund, it's like recieving a bonus check at work, then not getting paid that week, ha!
Did you ever recieve a letter after or with the refund explaning ?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:00 AM

83 posts, read 264,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Unbelievable!!!!
So theyunderpayed you gave you a check and then deducted that amy from your EB????
Wow!
I have no clue why anything they do still suprises me!
There was someone else on here a few pages back that posted to Opack that they also recieved a refund check and was now collecting EB. Wonder if you can find them and ask if that also happened to them.
I'd pursue this if I were you, it just sounds so wrong and so crazy for them to do that.
Why even give you a refund, it's like recieving a bonus check at work, then not getting paid that week, ha!
Did you ever recieve a letter after or with the refund explaning ?
You might be talking about me. I received a huge refund check due to an incorrect year 2 setup with the result being underpayments. Before everything was finalized, I was told that x-amount of EB weeks might be shaved off to then account for what I "owed" the State. I thought that sounded like crazy-making! Regardless, in the end, I'm on EB and - based on what I've been advised repeatedly and payments thus far - everything's okay. I was assured the last time I called ESC that I'll receive the full 20 weeks EB. Again, so far, so good. Knock on wood. Also, why would anyone have to pay anything back to the State at this point? Wasn't all forgiven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina