U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 AM

264 posts, read 328,206 times

Advertisements

I believe in being optimistic.

Keep in mind that federal law allowing a state to look back 3 years to trigger EB benefits is very new. So far only 11 states have chosen this option, but more states sign up for it every week! If a state does choose this option, state EB benefits are 100% federally funded through the end of 2011.

Use this URL for more information on how EB triggers work:

Office of Unemployment Insurance, Employment & Training Administration (ETA) - U.S. Department of Labor

It's all in the hands of the NC legislature and the governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 09:45 AM

86 posts, read 141,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel64 View Post
I just saw this on the ESC.com website... I hate when they just put up a blanket statement and it does not make sense. How do you know if this applies to you. I was layed off in July 2010 and didnt start getting benefits until August. Does this apply to me? I guess I will have to wait until Monday AM and line up with everyone on the phone and wait to ask...

Please be advised that due to the recent decline in the North Carolina Unemployment Rate, the state no longer meets the Federal and State requirements of the Extended Benefits Program. In accordance with Federal and State law, the Employment Security Commission cannot pay any Extended Benefit claims for weeks later than April 16, 2011.
I don't think applies to you. This mainely applies to all of us that are coming up on the end of ALL of our tiers or who have already used up their teirs. EB is a state extension that was applied after you exhaust your federal extension.

For example the end of my Teir 4 will end April 16th. I had already had an agent set up to file a B! for me after that ended. That way I would continue into EB. Well that will not happen as of yesterday.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:52 AM

18 posts, read 30,511 times
Default EUB tiers

Please be advised that due to the recent decline in the North Carolina Unemployment Rate, the state no longer meets the Federal and State requirements of the Extended Benefits Program. In accordance with Federal and State law, the Employment Security Commission cannot pay any Extended Benefit claims for weeks later than April 16, 2011.

I was suppose to run out of tier 4 end of June. What does this mean for me.
Thanks!

Old 04-03-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post

I was suppose to run out of tier 4 end of June. What does this mean for me.
Thanks!
you will still get your teir 4 until the end of June. This has nothing to do with EUC ( that is the federal extension) Eb is the state extension after EUC is exhausted.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 AM

18 posts, read 30,511 times
And then after teir 4 i'm done?

Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
And then after teir 4 i'm done?
unfortunately yes

Old 04-03-2011, 01:05 PM

21 posts, read 31,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanahB View Post
I don't think applies to you. This mainely applies to all of us that are coming up on the end of ALL of our tiers or who have already used up their teirs. EB is a state extension that was applied after you exhaust your federal extension.

For example the end of my Teir 4 will end April 16th. I had already had an agent set up to file a B! for me after that ended. That way I would continue into EB. Well that will not happen as of yesterday.

I understand thanks...I am on EUC not EB. I feel for the people that are barely surviving on what they get. I pray that it gets better for all of us... real soon.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel64 View Post
I understand thanks...I am on EUC not EB. I feel for the people that are barely surviving on what they get. I pray that it gets better for all of us... real soon.
I'm one of those people. I've exhausted all savings and cashed in the little bit of 401 k I had to help with unemployment and part-time jobs. Architectural firms are still laying off. I choose the wrong profession.

Now that unemployment will be gone for me on April 16th,, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Old 04-03-2011, 02:55 PM

6 posts, read 13,536 times
I was set up for year 2 in Feb. My status says "Regular Active Claim." So this April 16th cut off won't apply to me??

Old 04-03-2011, 09:17 PM

32 posts, read 45,885 times
HELP PLEASE - I was laid off in November 2010. I started receiving benefits December 2010. My 26 weeks of unemployment ends the first week in June 2011. If I can not find employment by that time, what is the next step? What then? Can I then apply/ receive STATE Extended benefits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or