U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-16-2011, 11:13 AM

169 posts, read 164,339 times
Default "hope"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
I hope and pray, and each of us here must do that also. I believe that something good will happen out of this big "storm" situation before us today. Don't lose hope here...
Everything will be ok. This is called political positioning. It has been a large part of our government since the early 19th century century.

No more gloom and doom talk on a sunny day. Seriously.

She will veto the bill(h383), but things will work out for North Carolinians. The governor is on our side(at least she has announced that to the public). A public endorsement for unemployed workers is excellent. She also said she wanted EB to continue.

She will have to play the game in order to keep EB in line, but maybe she has some tricks up her sleeve with this veto?! I don't know. But you or I have done ALL we can do. Their is no use pulling your hair about it every hour of every day. It will work out. Everything is pointing in our favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 AM

244 posts, read 174,881 times
MEDIA ADVISORY: Unemployed workers to speak at Tuesday press conference outside NCGA

http://www.ncjustice.org

Old 04-16-2011, 12:00 PM

24 posts, read 18,555 times
Hope you are right. I am near nervous breakdown worring about these benefits. People just do not know how hard it has been for all displaced workers. Im so sick of being stereotyped as lazy. What they don't realized is just how much we would rather be working, and to have the benefits that come with jobs(insurance etc.) rather than UI benefits. I live in Salisbury, NC and over the past 6 years we have had at least 8 major companies to close. This is my 3rd time being layed off, and it gets harder to find work every time. Im sure a lot of you know exactly what I mean. Lets hope this thing gets done and help support the 99ers also. The way things are looking with the job situations in NC we may become 99ers ourself. Im praying that Bev Perdue means what she said.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:00 PM

10 posts, read 7,656 times
I'm new here in the forum, but i read every day your posts and updates folks, and thanks for that. It's horrible that this happens in USA. I got three children that i have to feed every day, my husband's benefits is the only income in my house. I'm praying every single day since April's 1, that something good will happens today. It's frustrating not can do nothing about it, no job, no money for gas. I"m still praying for everybody in the same situation, God bless America in needs!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:08 PM

187 posts, read 153,467 times
I most certainly understand and acknowledge everyone. I pray along with you, because God is our only hope, our only strength to live. He will look down upon us and bestow the wisdom to our leaders to ultimately make the correct decision here. Something good will come out of this, we have to all believe and continue to have our hopes up.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:43 PM

People, there may still be a way for the Governor and Legislature to come to some sort of compromise on this situation with the EB benefits and the controversial bill. As it presently stands, she has not yet vetoed the bill. Any and all news is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:03 PM

86 posts, read 96,025 times
I'm guessing some alternative will be presented otherwise I don't know why it takes so long to VETO a bill. Couldn't she have Vetoed the bill yesterday or this morning after ratification?

This makes me believe that she's working on some type of alternative solution.

Last edited by LanahB; 04-16-2011 at 01:14 PM..

Old 04-16-2011, 01:08 PM

I urge EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE, here to flood the Governor's email, and make our situations heard! ! ! Please, do this now and be proactive on the situation! We our in this together, we are fighting for the benefits of EVERYONE, especially for families with children who need these funds in order to survive! ! I urge you all to do this NOW! ! !

Old 04-16-2011, 02:09 PM

122 posts, read 91,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post
I smell VETO, and for a good reason!!
I knew this was coming......

Old 04-16-2011, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 2,284 times
I'm one of the displaced workers who has been reading the forum since April 1. I've been praying for all 37,000 of us. I've also E-mailed Gov. Purdue without a response. Keep faith and remember Hebrew (11:1) Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina