U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-24-2011, 05:33 PM

60 posts, read 86,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozeberrypillboy View Post
man you have been getting unemployment for 10 years ?

teach me your jedi magic
Every time he gets a end of benefits notice, he simply goes down to the local office and tells the rep:

'this isn't the one you're cutting off'.

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 06:04 PM

86 posts, read 101,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
I am not giving anyone a motivational speech or anything. In fact, I was trying to be helpful. Personal EUC08 Tier related questions are better answered by the professionals behind the ESC desks. Although people are "sharing their experiences" in this forum. This isn't a place to lazily throw out questions that you can obtain by yourself(especially if you are unemployed, their is more time in your day to educate yourself). Also, the information about the length of tiers is listed on the ESC website, some simple math could ensure a quick answer to any tier related question.

Their are quite a few people NOT on tier two of our unemployment, in fear of not being able to pay next months rent because of EB being unjustly and suddenly extinguished. We are hoping for some action on the bills regarding this matter.

I encourage everyone to contact their local senators to rectify this situation.

Sorry to devalue any previous tier question. Your right, those are valid concerns as well.

I know I said I wouldn't post anymore but I've decided to just not discuss politics on here at anymore.

As for ESC, I have found that the central office phone number is the most reliable and unfortunatley the next most reliable is this board. The local office agents are notorious for giving wrong information.

Speaking of paying rent,,,,, thanks to the grace of my roommates I have at least until the 15th before I'm out on my butt. This week is my final payment ,,,,,so I'll post what I'll expereince next week for those of us that weren't on EB by April 15th.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:43 PM

40 posts, read 35,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublegum246 View Post
ok i just started getting unemployment march 2001 i have 4 weeks left on regular unemployement the next step is what i dont know will i get the first federal extensions since i never had one

I hope the Repubs don't use your quote

another editorial in our favor- theherald-nc.com | Perdue calls GOP bluff

I'm just posting the link,mod squad

Old 04-24-2011, 09:39 PM

22,064 posts, read 40,041,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBolin View Post
I hope the Repubs don't use your quote

another editorial in our favor- theherald-nc.com | Perdue calls GOP bluff

I'm just posting the link,mod squad
mod note

Posting a link is fine but you can post a snippet as well with link as stated in tos.
A snippet is a few sentences.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-24-2011 at 09:51 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM

775 posts, read 1,087,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedandconfusedinnc View Post
I think my tier 2 ran out two weeks ago but I never received a letter of determination for tier 3 from NC where I live but I have continued to certify online and today for the 4th consecutive week it says 'you have two weeks or less remaining' and yes I did get paid last week when it said the same thing for the 3rd straight week???? can anybody offer any clarification on this??
I'm not at all surprised. At least you're getting paid. I do recall numerous occasions where people have never actually received a letter of determination, yet they just moved on into the next tier, no problem. And, this did also happen to me...but I went through some of Tier 2 and all of EB with the "You have two weeks or less remaining" message after every time I filed. It's like it gets stuck. Bottom line, if you got Tier 1 and 2...you'll most likely be entitled to Tier 3 and 4, so I wouldn't sweat it. The ESC appears to be running a computer system built for 1/3rd of the total unemployed NC residents and would be a great, state of the art system if it were 1995. From what I understand, it's an automated process...you file your final week of Tier 2 and a determination letter is automatically generated and mailed to you...and you are shifted to Tier 3. It's a system that didn't work well in 2009 when I started on UI and it doesn't work well now. If it would make you feel comfortable, I would talk to a rep down there and at least ask them where you're currently at...and they'll probably say Tier 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011
I am not giving anyone a motivational speech or anything. In fact, I was trying to be helpful. Personal EUC08 Tier related questions are better answered by the professionals behind the ESC desks. Although people are "sharing their experiences" in this forum. This isn't a place to lazily throw out questions that you can obtain by yourself(especially if you are unemployed, their is more time in your day to educate yourself). Also, the information about the length of tiers is listed on the ESC website, some simple math could ensure a quick answer to any tier related question.

Their are quite a few people NOT on tier two of our unemployment, in fear of not being able to pay next months rent because of EB being unjustly and suddenly extinguished. We are hoping for some action on the bills regarding this matter.

I encourage everyone to contact their local senators to rectify this situation.

Sorry to devalue any previous tier question. Your right, those are valid concerns as well.
The point GCHarlotte is making is that this thread has provided more in-depth information and more support for NC claimants than the claimants can get hitting redial a couple hundred times when calling the NCESC, getting stuck on hold for 30-60 minutes, and getting frustrated because the ESC reps sometimes can't give the right answers. Many people have turned to the internet for information relating to the NCESC and alot of people stumble on this forum and ask their questions...even the basic ones that don't pertain to the issue that's on your brain at the moment.

This thread is not about EB getting shut off and the political fallout. We're discussing it, yes...and at the same time, we're trying to leave the "Those Rs/Ds are ruining the country!" nonsense out of it. It sucks that people are in trouble because EB is turned off...heck, we can go back in this thread and find the few times I mentioned how EB is going to eventually be turned off for all of the wrong reasons (using U3 instead of U6 as the trigger). This thread had no problems dealing with general questions like the one dazedandconfusedinnc had when claimants last year, including myself, were getting letters from the NCESC stating they were overpaid thousands of dollars and how the NCESC is demanding that money be paid back over a critical error they made 9 months prior. Now that was a crisis. So, in short, as long as the questions are relating to the NCESC and NC unemployment...they're free to ask whatever they wish in this thread and not get an answer like, "Just call, we're dealing with more important matters here and all personal EUC08 nonsense is best left with the NCESC reps." Wrong answer.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 AM

169 posts, read 180,261 times
Default Local ESC in Asheville

I've called the ESC in Asheville once a month for as long as I have been on unemployment. They have been informative and accurate(although sometimes not so friendly). The manager personally wrote me a dislocated workers form that I needed to have filled out, and took the time to meet with me in his office. They have been professional and timely(I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes on hold...never). Strange?!

I guess your right, any valid question pertaining to unemployment could theoretically be voiced here...why not?!

I hope the major issues facing 37,000 North Carolinians gets solved next week. I have a good feeling that serious issue will be solved.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:52 AM

775 posts, read 1,087,410 times
Quote:
I've called the ESC in Asheville once a month for as long as I have been on unemployment. They have been informative and accurate(although sometimes not so friendly). The manager personally wrote me a dislocated workers form that I needed to have filled out, and took the time to meet with me in his office. They have been professional and timely(I never had to wait longer than 10 minutes on hold...never). Strange?!

I guess your right, any valid question pertaining to unemployment could theoretically be voiced here...why not?!

I hope the major issues facing 37,000 North Carolinians gets solved next week. I have a good feeling that serious issue will be solved.
Oh, so you are unemployed? Didn't you say in your first post that you live in North Carolina and it's your parents that were going to be unemployed and they can't afford to retire early? I guess you just never mentioned that you were unemployed yourself the first time around, nor are you actually one of the near 40K affected by this EB issue...yet you feel quite openly that it's the only issue you think is worth discussing in this thread. Strange?!

By the way, yes, many claimants have had a terrible time trying to reach the ESC by phone. Hence why this thread became so popular in the first place...along with the fact we had an NCESC rep contributing his time answering all of our questions and concerns.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:05 AM

22,064 posts, read 40,041,054 times
Quote:

Over 5400 posts in this thread, I would say so

Old 04-25-2011, 03:37 AM

108 posts, read 102,676 times
Here here OpAck. Not sure where HistoryProf was coming from saying that dazedandconfused question didn't warrant an answer here. Personally, I was kinda teed off by his response. We should all be here to help one another the best we can. And there are plenty of people on here that can help answer many questions that come up. We shouldn't make anyone feel bad for asking a question in this thread. That totally goes against what this thread is all about (that YOU started OpAck). So lets try to be a little more helpful. And if you don't have an answer then...just don't respond.

Anyway, I have received the same "you have two weeks or less remaining" message I think since I moved into Tier 3 about 5 weeks ago. After the second week it appeared I went into the local ESC office and asked about it and the woman at the desk had no idea why I was receiving the message. And she said everything looks normal on my case so I should be good. Just a quirk in the system I guess.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:18 AM

169 posts, read 146,471 times
lets pray for a resolution this week any later could be destructive for so many people. I'm going to have a positive attitude about it this week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina