U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 AM

264 posts, read 329,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanahB View Post
I know dazeja has checked because we're in the same house, but I'm not sure if anyone else on this forum is in the same situation as I am.

So,,,,, I'm just giving an update on ESC's view on retroactivity. I've called the central Raleigh office again today not my local Charlotte office because they seem to know more about the debate on the bill. I exhausted my EUC benefits this past Saturday.

Anyway,,,, they are sticking to the information that anyone that wasn't on EB before APRIL 16th will NOT get any retroactive payments if it's reinstated.

So I'm in the process of contacting a reporter in Charlotte to let them know this additional information so they can at least have the truth.

1. The 37000 people that are listed in reports are people that were already on EB.
2. People that weren't already on EB are not being counted in the reports. (As of now that's going on two weeks worth )
3. Retroactive payments as of now does not apply to anyone that has exhausted their EUC benefits after April 16th.

I hope this changes , I'm not sure what other states did about this but I'm also not sure if it matters since it's a state matter.
I think contacting the reporter is a good idea, LanahB. A lot of legislators are probably not aware that there won't be blanket retroactivity for everybody. They should be told.

Would it light a fire under their butts? That's federal money forever lost to NC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM

162 posts, read 187,691 times
Wow the house was in session a whole 20 minutes today. Got nothing done and still working the budget instead of working H676.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:51 AM

187 posts, read 235,028 times
I know, NCEB. They had mentioned something yesterday about holding a "skeleton" session today because of some scheduled event they have. They convene again tomorrow at 9:00 AM. Today at 2:00PM the Democratic Legislators in the House have the meeting concerning the EB benefits.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:04 AM

162 posts, read 187,691 times
I bet if it was their pay they wouldn't leave till it was resolved. They are now in committee discussing the budget and then there's the unemployment meeting that none of the unemployed people can afford to buy gas to attend. Maybe something this week or next or next or next. Too much bickering. We are all North Carolinian's are we not? Just like the feds we are all American, right? Suck it up and do whats right. SUPPORT THOSE THAT ELECTED YOU!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:13 AM

264 posts, read 329,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
I know, NCEB. They had mentioned something yesterday about holding a "skeleton" session today because of some scheduled event they have. They convene again tomorrow at 9:00 AM. Today at 2:00PM the Democratic Legislators in the House have the meeting concerning the EB benefits.
Will there be an audio feed of the 2:00 meeting? Any chance it will be televised live?

Or maybe on 5:00 news?

Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM

187 posts, read 235,028 times
Quite possibly on the news, but I haven't heard of an audio feed, abcde12.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM

249 posts, read 273,810 times
News 14 has a story on their website at news14.com and they said they'll cover the 2pm meeting on their evening news broadcast.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:08 PM

244 posts, read 280,551 times
Breaking News on 2pm meeting:

House Speaker Thom Tillis is among several GOP lawmakers attending Senate Dems public hearing on unemployment benefits.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:15 PM

23 posts, read 32,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post
Breaking News on 2pm meeting:

House Speaker Thom Tillis is among several GOP lawmakers attending Senate Dems public hearing on unemployment benefits.
How are you watching this?

Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 PM

244 posts, read 280,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken3000 View Post
How are you watching this?
Twitter feed for #NCGA

UPDATE:

Member of unemployed community says unemployment bill has no place being tied to anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or