Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 07:49 PM

767 posts, read 1,848,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I hadn't heard a few MONTHS. Things take time but let's hope not that long. They are working on multiple projects - they can't all be done at once.
I really hope you are right...you have been so far!! Keep up the good work!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 05:59 PM

37 posts, read 97,392 times
JDLJR If I understand correctly, Tier 4 MUST be implemented by Feb 28th. Is this correct?

Old 01-29-2010, 06:04 PM

5 posts, read 16,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1234 View Post
Hello. Did you open up a new claim online and was able to file that way? If so, I thought that we weren't suppose to do it that way because it might cause error and delay. My claim still states exhausted. I've logged on to see if I could file my weekly and it gives me the message that my benefits are exhausted. I'm just gonna wait on the mail tomorrow and then call if I do or don't receive a letter by then.
Yes, I did open a new claim online, and they never sent me a letter at all. Go figure!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM

5 posts, read 16,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I'll be interested to know if you do, indeed, get a payment, as the specific instructions have said NOT to reopen a claim online to get the Tier 3.

Provided you still had a benefit year open, you should not have been able to certify if it'd been more than 4 weeks from your last certification. So presumably you must have opened a new benefit year. If you opened a new benefit year and are only going to get the EUC, I don't *think* you have to serve a new waiting week. It's only if you're going to be getting new, regular UI that you'd have to serve a new waiting week.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but the short version is: I was able to able to open my claim online, but I never got a letter in the mail from the ESC about it, at all. I'm getting Extended Benefits, and I think they did consider this a new benefit year for me, but fortunately I didn't have to wait a week for the money to come. Anyway, the end result is: life is much better than it was about a month ago!

-Neb

Old 01-31-2010, 10:06 AM

15 posts, read 23,880 times
Is the "pull forward" system designed to fix both of my issues below?

1. I received a Wage Transcript and Monetary Determination letter granting me a new benefit year beginning 1-24-2010 with 13 weeks of UI. Previously, on 12-28-2009, I received a Monetary Determination letter granting me 13 weeks of Tier 2.

Does this mean I have lost the remainder of my Tier 2 ?

2. I was laid off on 1-5-2009. Q4 of 2008 contains 90% of my total base period wages.

Does this mean that I will not qualify for any extensions this year because my Total Wages will be less than High Quarter x 1.5 ?

Jdljr, thank you for all the info that you provide. Your posts have been a great help to me.

Last edited by bp80; 01-31-2010 at 11:10 AM..

Old 01-31-2010, 11:22 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,779 times
Default quarters used for a EB benefit year?

hi Jdljr,
I've read so many posts on here, I should know the answer by now(sorry)

What is the current benefit year they're using to set up a new year for EB?
My benefit year is up 02-06-09. I haven't worked since 02-09. I was employed at the same CO. since Oct '06. Will they only use the end of '08 quaters and into '09 or will they go back further into '08 to set a new year? I do have 8 weeks left on my tier2 if all else fails,
thanks for your time and response
KC-Carolina

Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,445 times
I'm still waiting for my first payment for my new benefit year...it's been over two weeks...ugh.

Also, anyone else get a Reemployment Services Program letter? Is this something new? I've been given a date to attend a special orientation and I'll be meeting with a counselor at the NCESC to help me customize my job search and make me more competitive in the job market. I guess it can't hurt...

Old 01-31-2010, 05:58 PM

5 posts, read 12,644 times
Frrrunkis!, I received the same letter a couple of months ago and attended my class. It is a new program being funded with stimulus dollars. The ESC offices hold group meetings with people they deem "not likely" to return to work before unemployment benefits run out. The meeting is fairly generic in nature, but touches on several topics from resume preparation to maintaining mental health during stressful times. They also summarized the resources available to you at the ESC office. The meeting was OK and had some useful information to take away. Make sure you go or you will probably lose your benefits.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:32 AM

177 posts, read 304,517 times
JdJr

I have a specific situation I would like to clarify with you.

My original claim started in Nov 2008. I recieved 21 weeks UI, 16 1/2 weeks tier I, 10.5 weeks tier 2. I recieved a EB eligibility letter and one payment before my original benefit year expired. I started a new regular claim in Nov. 2009. My 13 weeks will end 3/21/10. I do not meet the 1.5 rule. I am to understand that I will be eligible for tier 3 pulled forward from my original claim? tier 4? How about EB?
Assuming I would qualify for teir 3 would it be 10 weeks or 6?
Thank you for helping all of us!!

Last edited by jskin; 02-01-2010 at 10:41 AM..

Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 AM

177 posts, read 304,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I'm still waiting for my first payment for my new benefit year...it's been over two weeks...ugh.

Also, anyone else get a Reemployment Services Program letter? Is this something new? I've been given a date to attend a special orientation and I'll be meeting with a counselor at the NCESC to help me customize my job search and make me more competitive in the job market. I guess it can't hurt...
I recieved the same thing and have already been. It is just a short meeting with several others where they go over generic information. You will then meet one on one with a counselor who will ask what type of help you may need in creating a resume, cover letter, etc. They will tell you about classes you can take for free, etc. You will stay in weekly contact with this person after that. It is a helpful service. -- Not something to stress about. It doesn't take the place of eligibility meetings as they do not go over your job search records. At least myperson didn't. She did look over them and remind me to keep looking for work so I would be prepared when theyasked me to come in. She also sent me to our county office to look into starting my own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina