U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-07-2011, 06:29 PM

162 posts, read 107,380 times
I received same response from Laroque. He must have hit reply all. Think I'll copy and paste something because that's all the thought he will give it anyway. No sense in thinking about it. Ahh changed my mind and typed something out. I knew I shoulda stayed out of aviation. It's not what it used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-07-2011, 06:34 PM

134 posts, read 93,866 times
Thanks, I plan on enjoying Mother's Day with my 4 kids. They are coming over with groceries and I am cooking. I love cooking for a crowd, it's my release.

Unread 05-07-2011, 06:40 PM

162 posts, read 98,365 times
Holwager, NCEB and all I also got the same response exactly from LaRoque. I was so mad, I did not answer him at all. I emailed a couple of reporters and if they respond, I would like to tell them about the responses from LaRoque if that is okay with you.

Unread 05-07-2011, 06:45 PM

230 posts, read 139,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
Holwager, NCEB and all I also got the same response exactly from LaRoque. I was so mad, I did not answer him at all. I emailed a couple of reporters and if they respond, I would like to tell them about the responses from LaRoque if that is okay with you.

Come on guys.. I am in the same boat as you guys, and I despise the hostage taking that the repubs are doing, but the guy has legitimate questions.

In fact if you were to give him a smart ass answer and not a real one then it would just go to show that we are just lazy bums.

Unread 05-07-2011, 06:51 PM

this is email he LaRoque just sent me. appreciate you answering my questions.

What kind of job are you looking for? Is there a minimum wage/salary
that you are requiring? Are you willing to work at any job that you are
physically able to perform? Are you willing to relocate for a new job?
How many hours per day do you spend looking for work and what does that
consist of? (Describe a typical day looking for work). Have you
contacted a temporary agency and filled out the necessary documents?

These are innocuous questions that I would ask anyone in your position.

Unread 05-07-2011, 06:53 PM

230 posts, read 139,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
this is email he LaRoque just sent me. appreciate you answering my questions.

What kind of job are you looking for? Is there a minimum wage/salary
that you are requiring? Are you willing to work at any job that you are
physically able to perform? Are you willing to relocate for a new job?
How many hours per day do you spend looking for work and what does that
consist of? (Describe a typical day looking for work). Have you
contacted a temporary agency and filled out the necessary documents?

These are innocuous questions that I would ask anyone in your position.

They appear to be questions to just validate that you are trying to find a job.. Lets be real, there are people out there gaming the system.. By asking the questions he is not assuming you are one of them, but just checking to see if you are.

Unread 05-07-2011, 06:55 PM

I answered all of his questions. I did tell him I would only discuss salary with potential employer.

Unread 05-07-2011, 07:05 PM

249 posts, read 159,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
They appear to be questions to just validate that you are trying to find a job.. Lets be real, there are people out there gaming the system.. By asking the questions he is not assuming you are one of them, but just checking to see if you are.
Yes, unfortunately there are people gaming the system but I find they're the exception to the rule in this economy. Like I told LaRoque, when McDonalds gets 1,000,000 resumes to hire 62,000 people, you know things are bad. My teenage son is competing with people who used to make a salary in the high 5 figures for a summer job.

To withhold the help of the majority because you might question the legitimacy of a few is not acceptable behavior of those who were voted to serve the public.

Unread 05-07-2011, 07:11 PM

162 posts, read 98,365 times
Sorry, but he is being nasty. That's the way I feel. It's really not his business, it is the business of NCESC, to which we keep spotless documentation. I have finally had a few more opportunities to apply for jobs than were available before and I am up for two now and praying.

I think you should have sent a set of questions to him and asked him to answer honestly and to the point instead of the run around they have been giving.

1. Why did you not vote on the standalone bill that originated as HR 676?

2. Why other than political gamesmanship did you attach the bill to the budget, knowing it would be vetoed?

3. Now that it has happened, why don't you vote to extract the bill and fix the problem?

The money is federally funded and sitting there. It is not paid for by the state. So what is your reasoning?

I'm sorry, but when you have worked hard all your life stayed at a company for 20 yrs to be laid off because they closed, always paid your taxes, never took drugs and voted only to be looked at because you need EB as a deadbeat, it hurts and it makes me angry. Until you live my life and worry how you will pay your bills, because you can't get a job, don't be sarcastic and unfeeling. That's how LaRoque's responses make me feel.

Unread 05-07-2011, 07:11 PM

My daughter graduated college in December and has had only 4 interviews. All four were scams she found on craigslist.(the ones you have buy something to do work for them) She is very depressed, just like me. Luckily she found decent job while she was in school and saved some money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina