U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-09-2010, 10:16 AM

23 posts, read 59,331 times

Advertisements

waterii522,Have you applied for EB? I don't think it's automatic, you have to file for it (if you haven't already received that). That could help until the other kicks in.

Last edited by sfhamm; 02-09-2010 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: named recipient
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 05:39 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,427,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterri522 View Post
jdljr

I received the Tier III benefits and my last week was week ending 2/6/10. Now I am back to benefits exhausted.

I was told that the systems are being updated again to release that 1 week of Tier II and the 6 weeks of Tier IV.

This is confusing, because I thought we would be continuing under the EUC08 benefits, therefore, the first week paid should have been a Tier II payment.

Please explain and how long of a gap will it be before I can continue filing?

P.S. Anyone with an answer,please feel free to respond.
Yes, if you had previously exhausted all benefits (EB included) and then got Tier 3, at this time the programming for the 14th week (1 extra week of Tier 2) and Tier 4 is not yet complete, so your benefits are, technically, exhausted. There is no further information on when the programming will be complete.

If you were previously receiving EB when the Tier 3 kicked in, they stopped the EB to give you the Tier 3, and you may have remaining EB but it will likely need to have human intervention to get it kicked back in. The transaction is easy to do but you'd need to contact someone to check on your claim and see if you have EB sitting there and if they can do a "A1 transaction" and insert the effective date of your Tier 1 into both the "Old Tier 1 and New Tier 1" fields. Of course if you know you already exhausted your EB, it would do no good to call, as it would indeed be exhausted.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhamm View Post
waterii522,Have you applied for EB? I don't think it's automatic, you have to file for it (if you haven't already received that). That could help until the other kicks in.
EB is automatic if someone has exhausted EUC08, unless they had a disqualification on their claim which would also disqualify them from EB.

There have been hiccups in the system where EB doesn't kick back in after receiving Tier 3. And that would need someone to do a transaction to get it going again.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:38 PM

775 posts, read 1,089,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
I am also the RES Job Coach for my office so I can give you a brief explanation of what the program is. It is a program that was developed in July/August to give more intensive and comprehensive services to individuals trying to get back into the workforce. When the program first started, letters were sent to only those individuals who had (through a computer model) been identified as those who had at least a 50% likelihood of exhausting their benefits. Now, though, because they weren't getting the participation they thought they would, letters go to everyone who gets their first pay.

For the people that come to my office that have gotten the RES letters, I liken the RES program to being raised to VIP status with ESC. In my office I tell them that I (or my assistant) will be their "go-to" person in my office, that they will be able to come in and see just me for anything they need, whether it be information about a job number, a problem with their claim, doing a more intensive job search, etc. They have just one person to deal with each time, and don't have to see someone different each time they come in. I also tell them that should they choose to enroll in the program (it's not mandatory to enroll, but highly encouraged), when they come in the office let the receptionist know they're "RES" and either me or my colleague will help them next, no matter if there are 10 others ahead of them in the scheduler.

Our biggest offering is seminars for RES clients including resume writing, interviewing techniques, referral to training resources, etc.

The RES program is a 12-week program. After that, or if you find a job, then you can/will be removed from the program. We like to try and enroll each person that comes to the orientation. After all, there is SOMETHING in the program that will benefit you. You're not required to participate in any of the seminars, but you ARE required to participate in the one-on-one assessment after your orientation. Failure to do so after either the initial appointment or the reminder appointment will result in an issue being set on your claim that will stop payment. No, attending can't hurt. It's yet another resource being offered to you as you're trying to make your way back into the workforce.

I don't know how the other offices run their program, but it should be similar.
Thanks a bunch!

I'm headed for my orientation/one on one on Thursday afternoon in Raleigh. I feared that it was more of a way for the NCESC to breathe down my neck, so to speak. Which isn't bad, but I mean, I've already got two family members who work in HR (unfortunately not in this state)...who have been extremely helpful to get my resume written, conducted mock interviews with me, and pointing me in the good directions. When I read the RES card I had gotten in the mail, it kinda came off as "If you don't show up and participate in our RES program, we have the right to cut you off of unemployment." It sounded almost mandatory.

It also didn't tell me if I had to bring anything with me (resumes, my previous job search info, etc)...just "Be there and if you can't, call us." So, am I expected to provide the NCESC with anything? And I assume it should be kinda crammed in there, if everyone in their first week is getting these mandatory invites. How long do these orientations and one-on-ones last? And if I choose to opt out, should I expect any scrutiny or anything? I mean, I'd even consider starting my own business...and if they can give me some guidance and direction and maybe having a contact down there, that'd be great...but I just don't know what I could gain from being enrolled in the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong66
We are no closer to finding jobs now than we were a year ago and with the end of our benefits in sight does anyone have any answers or light at the end of the tunnel? These benefits are all that is keeping many families from being homeless. What are people supposed to do?
I'm right along with ya...that's why my mandatory RES meeting makes me nervous. The anxiety and stress in general has been an absolute drain for me. These are really tough times...and I know alot of us are at the breaking point. Scary, indeed.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Thanks a bunch!

I'm headed for my orientation/one on one on Thursday afternoon in Raleigh. I feared that it was more of a way for the NCESC to breathe down my neck, so to speak. Which isn't bad, but I mean, I've already got two family members who work in HR (unfortunately not in this state)...who have been extremely helpful to get my resume written, conducted mock interviews with me, and pointing me in the good directions. When I read the RES card I had gotten in the mail, it kinda came off as "If you don't show up and participate in our RES program, we have the right to cut you off of unemployment." It sounded almost mandatory.

It also didn't tell me if I had to bring anything with me (resumes, my previous job search info, etc)...just "Be there and if you can't, call us." So, am I expected to provide the NCESC with anything? And I assume it should be kinda crammed in there, if everyone in their first week is getting these mandatory invites. How long do these orientations and one-on-ones last? And if I choose to opt out, should I expect any scrutiny or anything? I mean, I'd even consider starting my own business...and if they can give me some guidance and direction and maybe having a contact down there, that'd be great...but I just don't know what I could gain from being enrolled in the program.
I can't tell you how other offices operate the RES program, but the program in general should be the same in each office. Some offices may require those that come to the orientation to enroll in the program. My office doesn't, but highly encourages it. For the orientation, you don't have to take anything with you. In my office, we do the orientation and one-on-one assessment the same day, but I don't think many offices do. Most schedule their orientation attendees to come back for the one-on-one assessment. Our orientation/assessment lasts 20 or so minutes, and then the one-on-one assessment varies.

The offices schedule a certain number of people to come in each week. My office schedules 10 on Wed and 10 on Thurs. So there may be others that have received a first pay that week that didn't make it into either group for that week. They should have some information about starting your own business.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:01 PM

5 posts, read 8,708 times
Default Jdljr urgent

Hey JDLJR,

Something VERY STRANGE and VERY BAD just happened when I logged onto the ESC to view my profile. The system is showing me SOMEONE ELSE. I can view their social security number, address and everything else. I am going to try to call and alert someone, but I know I may be on hold for longer than I can wait right now and you seem like you would know who to speak with to get this fixed. If you need more specifics on how it happened get back with me.

Thanks,

Joe

Old 02-10-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelbs View Post
Hey JDLJR,

Something VERY STRANGE and VERY BAD just happened when I logged onto the ESC to view my profile. The system is showing me SOMEONE ELSE. I can view their social security number, address and everything else. I am going to try to call and alert someone, but I know I may be on hold for longer than I can wait right now and you seem like you would know who to speak with to get this fixed. If you need more specifics on how it happened get back with me.

Thanks,

Joe
Never heard of that one before, but hopefully it's not a widespread glitch. If you contact someone, ask to speak to a Supervisor who might be able to more quickly escalate the issue to someone who can check into it.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,396 times
Default Call local ESC Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobluesubygo View Post
i have a question, my husband filed last week and it sayed

"Our records indicate that your benefit year has expired. If you need further information, contact your local Employment Security Commission office."

Does that mean he is eligable to get an extention when he calls tomorrow?

This was his first claim, so idk if he can file for another claim... i know i keep seeing all these extentions so im not sure.

before he filed his claim last year he was in the marines for 8 years, he hasen't worked since he filed his first claim and is currently going to school and looking for work , but no such luck
I would just call your local ESC to get information and find out exactly what he needs to do. Everyone's situation is a little different and someone telling you to do one thing b/c it worked for them could slow the process for you husband filing. I wish you the best!

Old 02-10-2010, 03:49 PM

12 posts, read 32,634 times
Jdljr:

My husband had his EUC08 benefits "pulled forward" for 9 more weeks of Tier II after his second benefit year expired. With this February 28th cutoff date, will he lose all benefits on that date, or just the right to collect on any other extensions, like Tier III? Basically, will he still be able to draw his remaining Tier II?
Thanks in advance for your advice, you are always very helpful!

Old 02-10-2010, 04:13 PM

86 posts, read 117,049 times
my tier 3 benefits exhausted 2 weeks ago. i called the 18667958877 number and the representative said he will reopen my case and file for extra week and first week of tier 4. they must be done with programming already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina