Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 07:34 PM

11 posts, read 14,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
I'm going to fill up a couple mailbox's (voice
& email) tonight.

Thom Tillis
Email: Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net
919-733-3451

Phil Berger
Email: Phil.Berger@ncleg.net
(919) 733-5708

Let's keep riding the media wave folks. We ARE making a difference!
I just emailed both of those bastards and gave them a piece of my mind!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 07:53 PM

187 posts, read 259,087 times
Good for you, Unemployed76. The EB benefits has become entangled and engaged as a political "game" which must be freed and reinstated to the struggling families in these unfortunate times. Bear this in mind: Every single opinion from every single person here and on other forums, plays a vital role on how quickly the benefits will be reinstated...

Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 PM

43 posts, read 56,669 times
I have been silent on this forum for at least a week now because I have to agree that I think nothing is going to happen on the EB extension. The above article is my reason why.

I have stated before that I thought the Republicans were anticipating, even pushing, for a government shutdown. If and when this happens, it will be everyone in NC's butt in the frying pan, not just our official 37,000 unemployed butts. I am very fearful for NC in the coming months. If it were not for my faith and the good Lord's grace, my family and I would not have made it this far. We are completing "damage control" at this time and moving forward. We have, thankfully, received a reprieve in funding that will last us for at least 5 more months. I am sorry to hear other folks' stories that are different and will continue to pray and keep you all in my thoughts.

I will also continue to monitor this forum and do what I can where I can. I will continue to be proactive in the hopes that something, anything, may change for us all, but I am not very confident that things will change. Best of luck to everyone and thank you for all the information and thoughts you have posted.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:37 PM

134 posts, read 172,643 times
Just finished my emails for the night. Started with Thommy-Boy, let him have it. The later it gets the more pissed I become. (toothache added to my tone). I told him to ask for forgiveness when he laid his head down tonight. He is really a pain in my ass.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:29 PM

108 posts, read 160,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
My dear friends here on this thread, this was my personal story that Sarah Ovaska interviewed and did for me here. On top of our tremendous anxiety with the EB issue, I am facing the overwhelming anxiety and sadness of not being with my children and not seeing them. I for one WILL NOT GIVE UP and will continue to fight along with all of you until we see action on the EB issue. Call and E-Mail and let our voices be heard Loud And Clear. WE WILL GET OUR BENEFITS REINSTATED ! ! !
Oh Greg, I am so sorry what you are having to go through. Please stay strong and hang in there. Sounds like your spirits are still relatively good considering. I am sure it will all work out and your family will be back together soon. And it will make you appreciate your family even more!

Stay strong!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:30 PM

The supporters to Reinstate NC EB benefits have surpassed 125 on the Facebook page. Keep up the hard work in supporting our cause.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
Oh Greg, I am so sorry what you are having to go through. Please stay strong and hang in there. Sounds like your spirits are still relatively good considering. I am sure it will all work out and your family will be back together soon. And it will make you appreciate your family even more!

Stay strong!
I want to thank you ever so much, my friend, for your kind words. I have had to fight numerous battles in life to surpass difficult obstacles that have come my way. I will continue to fight this particular battle before us, not only for myself, but for all the people here who are suffering as a result of this inhumane ignorance and political bickering of the EB benefits, the lifeline of the many victims of this economic downturn. I promised myself and vow not to stop fighting until the day when our benefits will be restored. God bless you and your family.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 PM

92 posts, read 93,843 times
I SENT THIS TODAY AFTER A LONG DAY LOOKING FOR WORK..

Thom.
Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net

QUIT BEING WASHINGTON

I am writing to you about a problem that I have with decisions being made at your level in government. The United States of America gave The 50 States a plan to help not only your state of North Carolina but most important the people that pay your salary and your peers salary. The United States of America gave you a formula to calculate if your state of North Carolina is in need of this plan. I suppose by now You want to know what this plan is. Well I really do not think you do. I am going to give you my definition in abbreviated and long form at the end of this letter.

I see stories coming out of there in North Carolina like: 1.) Greg and Elizabeth Rain Georgaras, two of the 37,000 North Carolinians cut off from their employment benefits four weeks ago, can no longer afford to keep their two young children with them.
It recently fell to family to take in Roger, 3, and Victoria, 2, while the Concord couple keeps looking for work and hope that their unemployment benefits are restored soon.
“They’re no longer with me,” Greg said. “I just couldn’t keep them in these types of surroundings, not having food and the electricity about to be cut off.

This scenario hurts and this should not be tolerated this happened about 4 weeks ago where there employment benefits were cut off. Just think there are going to be more and more horror stories like this. Just think there are other things to worry about also with like Tornado's there are people there that were unemployed and do not have a pot to **** in then and really have nothing now and are in a daze.

I am asking you Thom to step up to the plate and be a man configure your state (which this program should have been followed more closely from the beginning) to meet the EXTENDED BENEFIT PROGRAM From the United States of America. If you look at the numbers or the unemployment rate for the month of APRIL it has gone to 10.01999%

Your peers are making a big game out of this and it should not be attaching this to another bill. Stand Alone only.. If you wanted some points you should have attached it to the "North Carolina is a NASCAR State" Well act like it and get moving FAST AND FURIOUS AND BEAT THEM TO THE FINISH LINE.

RE-CONFIGURE AND
PASS THE EXTENDED BENEFIT PROGRAM FOR WHICH YOUR PEOPLE OF YOUR STATE ARE ENTITLED TOO FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA........

The people only live once and North Carolina will be here more so after them....The people are the future Thom and you are suppose to be for them....

Old 05-11-2011, 09:52 PM

An email sent to our dear Govna:

Gov. Perdue,

Could you please make something happen on the EB issue? 37,000 North Carolinians were given less than 2 weeks notice about their Unemployment Benefits being stopped and are in dire need of this safety net to get them through. Now the number is much more than 37,000 as every week more folks are losing their benefits. It is bad enough that many people are hurting as you play politics with the republicans, but the fact that they were given less than 2 weeks notice is just icing on the cake.

Could you please stop playing games while many North Carolinians are being evicted from their homes, unable to put gas in the car and food on the table while their families are falling apart? This is beyond ridiculous. Many states have quickly resolved this issue and reinstated EB (that is 100% federally funded) by putting in place the 3 year look back method for calculating EB. The unemployment rate is still very high (9.7%) in North Carolina and there are still not nearly enough jobs to put most of the unemployed back to work.

Does this not bother you at all? Can you sleep well at night knowing that your lack of action is causing so much hardship for many North Carolinians? You have been VERY quiet on this matter, and as Governor you should be LEADING the effort to get EB reinstated. So please make like a LEADER and do something about this quickly. This is embarrassing to North Carolina and this news of playing politics with peoples lives is beginning to spread in the press. Please stop making our state government look like a bunch of dummies and start doing your job. Compromise and work with the republicans to resolve this issue quickly.

Please. I beg you. ACT LIKE A GOVERNOR. DO SOMETHING!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
I emailed the five Democratic Reps that crossed party lines to pass the House Budget proposal a few days ago. No response.
Did the same. No response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina