U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:09 AM
 
26 posts, read 27,093 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Another reply minutes ago from Linda in Jim Crawford's office. what do y'all think of this??

The bill is in Tort Reform Committee at 11 today for discussion and explanation by our legal staff. There will be no vote, no amendments, no substitute. We were informed of this this morning by the major bill sponsor, Rep. Dale Folwell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 AM
 
169 posts, read 176,109 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHeel View Post
Another reply minutes ago from Linda in Jim Crawford's office. what do y'all think of this??

The bill is in Tort Reform Committee at 11 today for discussion and explanation by our legal staff. There will be no vote, no amendments, no substitute. We were informed of this this morning by the major bill sponsor, Rep. Dale Folwell.
What bill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 AM
 
134 posts, read 152,406 times
Reputation: 26
I do qualify for those, because I have an EBT card now. My son took care of past due bill. So I am good for another month with Verizon. But if push comes to shove I will have to take the freebie phone. I hate giving up number I have had for years. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 AM
 
169 posts, read 176,109 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
I was just contacted by Nancy Webb of the Charlotte Observer. It sounds like she is working on another piece for the paper.

She needs 1st person (Name and City) stories of people losing homes, being evicted, unable to provide feed their family or any thing else caused by the legislatures inaction to remedy Extended Benefits, like Kayla's suicide.

This is great opportunity for us to be heard!

150-word limit for letters

Email your stories NOW to nwebb@charlotteobserver.com

Nancy Webb
The Charlotte Observer
nwebb@charlotteobserver.com
704-358-5106
If you have a story to tell. Tell it NOW! This is our chance to make headlines on the 1 month anniversary of losing benefits!

150-word limit for letters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
 
26 posts, read 27,093 times
Reputation: 13
My original email referred to HB383, so I assume that's what she is referring to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:19 AM
 
191 posts, read 189,173 times
Reputation: 33
I just fired off more emails to Tillis and Berger. This may be frustrating but let us not stop. A closed mouth will never get fed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:19 AM
 
249 posts, read 266,643 times
Reputation: 39
Default Please ask for clarification

Folwell isn't a sponsor of H383. She must be referring to another bill. Will you ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHeel View Post
My original email referred to HB383, so I assume that's what she is referring to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
264 posts, read 270,195 times
Reputation: 38
I hate to see LaRoque on this. He's really made a strong voice for himself sitting copping a squat in one of those seats. He is "adamantly against another extension" and feels "these fed funds need to be put to the whole not some".

NC HB 383 - North Carolina General Assembly - 2011 - Legislation - MyGov365 (http://www.mygov365.com/legislation/view/id/4d81b26449e51b3456af0200/tab/sponsors/ - broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
I just fired off more emails to Tillis and Berger. This may be frustrating but let us not stop. A closed mouth will never get fed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
264 posts, read 270,195 times
Reputation: 38
Emailed the insane posse-

I plead with you to offer a press release in regards to whether or not you anticpate extending unemployment benefits. These people are on a desperate need to know basis. If they were to know for certain that there will be no more extensions, then they can utilize what little funds and resources they have toward an alternate survival plan until they gain employment. I truly can see that some would take what little money they have and go into emergency survival mode instead of applying it to living where they are with no hope for tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 09:43 AM
 
45 posts, read 46,381 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Emailed the insane posse-

I plead with you to offer a press release in regards to whether or not you anticpate extending unemployment benefits. These people are on a desperate need to know basis. If they were to know for certain that there will be no more extensions, then they can utilize what little funds and resources they have toward an alternate survival plan until they gain employment. I truly can see that some would take what little money they have and go into emergency survival mode instead of applying it to living where they are with no hope for tomorrow.
I think this is a very important point. I know this month I am not paying my mortgage. It will take them longer to evict me then it will for me to get my power and water turned off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top