U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 09:59 AM

26 posts, read 27,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
Folwell isn't a sponsor of H383. She must be referring to another bill. Will you ask?
well, this explains the confusion. Linda's response when I asked what bill she was referring to...[sigh]

I am so sorry, I have had so many phone calls/emails about H 709 workers comp bill that I got my little pea brain confused. The unemployment benefits is still being held.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 10:06 AM

169 posts, read 176,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
I was just contacted by Nancy Webb of the Charlotte Observer. It sounds like she is working on another piece for the paper.

She needs 1st person (Name and City) stories of people losing homes, being evicted, unable to provide feed their family or any thing else caused by the legislatures inaction to remedy Extended Benefits, like Kayla's suicide.

This is great opportunity for us to be heard!

150-word limit for letters

Email your stories NOW to nwebb@charlotteobserver.com

Nancy Webb
The Charlotte Observer
nwebb@charlotteobserver.com
704-358-5106
bump

Old 05-12-2011, 10:08 AM

264 posts, read 270,195 times
My point exactly. In my field, I've had to assist employees with crisis, basic needs and emergency assistance from time to time. Employees on minimum wage and trying to get by. I made it a point to have empathy and understanding and learn how to think resourceful to help them work through what ever the crisis may be.

For renters, you have 90days after being served with a writ of ejectment before you'll be forced to vacate. Those who are paying a mortgage, they have a bit longer to wrestle with the phone calls. I'm much rather see people re-allocate what monies they have toward basic needs. I know in the long run these have to be paid whether its while still living where their at or afterwards through judgement. The options arent good but those are some options atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes2theskies View Post
I think this is a very important point. I know this month I am not paying my mortgage. It will take them longer to evict me then it will for me to get my power and water turned off.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:08 AM

171 posts, read 242,648 times
This mornings work wasn't so profitable. I made 75 bucks in two days. Not enough to keep us here.

I have a question WHAT does sponsering a bill mean? And why would someone sponser a bill but vote against it. This is happening to every bill presented about the EB.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM

26 posts, read 27,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHeel View Post
well, this explains the confusion. Linda's response when I asked what bill she was referring to...[sigh]

I am so sorry, I have had so many phone calls/emails about H 709 workers comp bill that I got my little pea brain confused. The unemployment benefits is still being held.
I thanked Linda and asked her what her "gut instinct" was telling her in regards to the EB battle. Her reply is below - kinda sounds like she was against Bev's veto, but maybe that's just over-reading b/w the lines...I do appreciate her honesty, though.

"My guess is that they are working behind the scenes to try to come to some agreement with governor. As they say, the general assembly has passed a bill. She chose to veto it. I know that does not help those of you whose benefits expired."

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 AM

NC HB 383 Crew
alma.adams@ncleg.net; annie.mobley@ncleg.net; beverly.earle@ncleg.net; danny.mccomas@ncleg.net; fred.steen@ncleg.net; garland.pierce@ncleg.net; harold.brubaker@ncleg.net; harry.warren@ncleg.net; joe.tolson@ncleg.net; maggie.jeffus@ncleg.net; mark.hilton@ncleg.net; marvin.lucas@ncleg.net; mickey.michaux@ncleg.net; rosa.gill@ncleg.net; stephen.laroque@ncleg.net; tim.moore@ncleg.net; tricia.cotham@ncleg.net; william.wainwright@ncleg.net

Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Latest response:

All Democrats I know of including me are supportive of bringing the bill authrizing the State's participation. The Republicans are the ones holding it up.
Representatrive Michaux

Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM

169 posts, read 176,109 times
Default Swallowing what pride I have left

All,

I need some advice. I just made the decision to use my remaining funds to pay my mortgage, instead of pay an attorney for bankruptcy, buy food or pay utilities.

Can somebody send me some tips for signing up for food stamps?

What documentation do I need to bring to increase my chances for acceptance?

I should be spending this time looking for a job but need a definite in my life right now. I really can't believe I'm at this point in my life. Where did all the jobs go!!

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:02 AM

45 posts, read 46,381 times
Do the Dems have something to hold over the Reps

Old 05-12-2011, 11:09 AM

I think just finger twisting right now is all they have on them.

I feel like the only way this is going to happen soon is for the dems to dig up some dirty laundry on a couple of the repubs and they bribe them to force the other repubs to shoot it on through. Kinda makes me wish I was a hooker and one had bought my services! I'd tell it to the dems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes2theskies View Post
Do the Dems have something to hold over the Reps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or