U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 02:46 PM

169 posts, read 280,124 times

Advertisements

I just got off the phone with a manager over at the the NCESC in Raleigh. We talked about the economy, and mainly, what is going on with the state government's "stalemate", negligence, etc.

She said she has never seen anything like this before, and that from her contact with local politicians, and her supervisor, she believes things will come full circle. She said that a solution will come soon(release of Eb 100% federally funded money)...."It just has too".

She was extremely sympathetic, and obviously she has received thousands of calls regarding this issue, so she did some investigating herself.

It truly is a clusterf***, but I know it will turn around soon. The damage the state government cannot be undone by no means, but things can be stabilized if something happens within the next few weeks.

I know some of us are not able to pay electric, mortgage, etc., trust me...we are making alot of noise about about it...these "leaders" are NOW aware.

Keep this up, and I promise I will do my part to fight along with everyone here.

Keep calling, emailing, writing letters, posting facebook messages. getting media coverage.

This is bullsh**, and struggling people should not be made to suffer for the actions of stubborn politicians!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 02:46 PM

134 posts, read 152,179 times
mayor@charlottenc.gov Address: 600 East 4th Street, 15th Floor
Phone: 704-336-2241

Old 05-12-2011, 02:52 PM

191 posts, read 188,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
I just got off the phone with a manager over at the the NCESC in Raleigh. We talked about the economy, and mainly, what is going on with the state government's "stalemate", negligence, etc.

She said she has never seen anything like this before, and that from her contact with local politicians, and her supervisor, she believes things will come full circle. She said that a solution will come soon(release of Eb 100% federally funded money)...."It just has too".

She was extremely sympathetic, and obviously she has received thousands of calls regarding this issue, so she did some investigating herself.

It truly is a clusterf***, but I know it will turn around soon. The damage the state government cannot be undone by no means, but things can be stabilized if something happens within the next few weeks.

I know some of us are not able to pay electric, mortgage, etc., trust me...we are making alot of noise about about it...these "leaders" are NOW aware.

Keep this up, and I promise I will do my part to fight along with everyone here.

Keep calling, emailing, writing letters, posting facebook messages. getting media coverage.

This is bullsh**, and struggling people should not be made to suffer for the actions of stubborn politicians!!!
I for one thank you for all that you are doing, I continue to email and call. I also tell anyone I know that is the same situation about this forum.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM

134 posts, read 152,179 times
Just let Anthony Foxx know I would support him, if he ever decided to run against Bev.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:57 PM

10 posts, read 10,455 times
i live about an hour outside of Raleigh an would be glad to participate in an event like this, my sister is also one of the 37,000 so i know she will be there also. Maybe the more events the more attention.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 PM

187 posts, read 229,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post

I, for one, stand right beside you, History. I KNOW AND BELIEVE that the benefits will be reinstated. I sympathize with everyone hurting and urge everyone to MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD on this issue through the media (newspapers, youtube, phone contacts, e-mails). We are in this together and WILL GET OUR EB BENEFITS! !

Old 05-12-2011, 03:12 PM

264 posts, read 269,741 times
@wnct9 Please provide updated on Legislators failure to address unemployment extension. Unemp are desperate and scared.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:14 PM

191 posts, read 188,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
I, for one, stand right beside you, History. I KNOW AND BELIEVE that the benefits will be reinstated. I sympathize with everyone hurting and urge everyone to MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD on this issue through the media (newspapers, youtube, phone contacts, e-mails). We are in this together and WILL GET OUR EB BENEFITS! !
I am right there with both of you. I have that feeling. They will be restored within the next two weeks. The GOP knows this will be political suicide to keep these shenanigans up. I am sure as more and more people fall off of tier 4, they will be heard also.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:22 PM

156 posts, read 163,607 times
I copied the Mayor as well as all the usual suspects on this last round of mail. Maybe he would speak up for even his own benefit. That would be something, if he held a press conference talking about jobless and the hardships they go through. He could start his campaign early for Governor by standing up for people who need to be heard. I also have posted the new info we got today about the Commerce representative. I commented on the facebook pages of every single person who is commenting on EB. It's on the reinstate extended benefits page. I think that's the name. Also, can you imagine how that guy feels now that his name is showing up in emails along with tillis, berger, perdue. I think we just need to keep pounding the pavement, getting as many people we can on board with the calling and mailing.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:26 PM

230 posts, read 237,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
I copied the Mayor as well as all the usual suspects on this last round of mail. Maybe he would speak up for even his own benefit. That would be something, if he held a press conference talking about jobless and the hardships they go through. He could start his campaign early for Governor by standing up for people who need to be heard. I also have posted the new info we got today about the Commerce representative. I commented on the facebook pages of every single person who is commenting on EB. It's on the reinstate extended benefits page. I think that's the name. Also, can you imagine how that guy feels now that his name is showing up in emails along with tillis, berger, perdue. I think we just need to keep pounding the pavement, getting as many people we can on board with the calling and mailing.

While it could start his campaign early, I really dont blame Perdue in this issue. Not that I like her in general, but she was given the option to cut off her right leg to save the big toe on her left leg, not really a choice I would have expected to go another way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or