U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM

264 posts, read 277,772 times

Advertisements

God bless you. We are now going to the community health clinic near us where fees are sliding scale based on income. They also help with rx assistance although 1 med they can't. It helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bway2 View Post
I think it's a shame that 37000 unemployed citizens of Nortrh Carolina lives have been turned upside down by people playing politics. I suffer from heart failure and don't have any money to by medication. I have depleted all of my savings since I've been unemployed and would like for trhe general assembly and the governor to get together and solve this issue. It's a simple fix so please just do it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 PM

249 posts, read 273,810 times
Hey All,

I've been out of the loop most of the day. Great work! Keep up the good fight!

Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 PM

169 posts, read 287,235 times
Default Please leave a message for the governor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bway2 View Post
I think it's a shame that 37000 unemployed citizens of Nortrh Carolina lives have been turned upside down by people playing politics. I suffer from heart failure and don't have any money to by medication. I have depleted all of my savings since I've been unemployed and would like for trhe general assembly and the governor to get together and solve this issue. It's a simple fix so please just do it!
Please take the time to share your story with the media, the governor's office, and our representatives

The information is in this forum. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:02 PM

249 posts, read 273,810 times
I'm with Thaylin. As frustrating as it is to be ignored, I don't think contacting family would do any good. We're making great strides with the media. Let's keep the roll going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
Well he cant really hide them, it is part of the public record... That being said, I do not think that is a good idea, and would probably backfire.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:17 PM

162 posts, read 187,691 times
The message and response from Representative Larry Brown (Rep)

Message copy and pasted from this forum, maybe this is good.
Subject line: Disgusted Republican

As a Republican I am furious that my party would use a federally funded program as leverage to force their own agenda. I am also astounded that our Governor is not bright enough to have a stand alone bill presented in support of our own residents to receive the federally supplied funds that could be available to 37,000 people in need. This is money to fuel our economy and help our own residents that we as a community/ state do not have to supply. I plead with all involved and concerned to get over this selfish, misguided child like behavior and help out the citizens of our state! We need action and help and we will not forget why we cannot pay our bills when we had the support of our nation but not our state leadership!!

Reply:

I have read all your emails and I am disgusted as well. Larry

Old 05-12-2011, 07:25 PM

230 posts, read 244,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
The message and response from Representative Larry Brown (Rep)

Message copy and pasted from this forum, maybe this is good.
Subject line: Disgusted Republican

As a Republican I am furious that my party would use a federally funded program as leverage to force their own agenda. I am also astounded that our Governor is not bright enough to have a stand alone bill presented in support of our own residents to receive the federally supplied funds that could be available to 37,000 people in need. This is money to fuel our economy and help our own residents that we as a community/ state do not have to supply. I plead with all involved and concerned to get over this selfish, misguided child like behavior and help out the citizens of our state! We need action and help and we will not forget why we cannot pay our bills when we had the support of our nation but not our state leadership!!

Reply:

I have read all your emails and I am disgusted as well. Larry
I really hope, however from this guy, Joe. My. God.: NC State Rep. Larry Brown: Cut Off All AIDS Funding, Those Perverts Deserve It, I really thinks he means he is disgusted with us, or perdue, not with the actions of the pubs.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 PM

37 posts, read 38,070 times
I am sorry guys I don't live in Charlotte and upon doing research I found that it was the former mayor that was talking about rerunning against Purdue, not the current. Sorry Guys. However I am sure that Foxx will be just as interested in voicing his concerns for his constitutes.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:34 PM

162 posts, read 187,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
I really hope, however from this guy, Joe. My. God.: NC State Rep. Larry Brown: Cut Off All AIDS Funding, Those Perverts Deserve It, I really thinks he means he is disgusted with us, or perdue, not with the actions of the pubs.
That's kinda they way I took it also. But there is always hope. All their American Idol talk on twitter. We see where their heads are, straight up their arses!

Paul Skip Stam (majority leader of the house) group on FB Paul Stam, North Carolina House Republican Leader | Facebook

Last edited by NCEB; 05-12-2011 at 08:06 PM..

Old 05-12-2011, 07:39 PM

25 posts, read 26,340 times
i dont think there gonna give use our eb back they have clearly shown they could careless about our struggle....lets bring it to the ******* doorstep!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:02 PM

134 posts, read 156,296 times
Monday, May 16
Jobs Announcement, Lincolnton
Education Works: Meeting with women business leaders, Charlotte
Tuesday, May 17
Staff meetings, Raleigh
Speak to the New Bern Rotary Club in Raleigh
AG/Biotech Announcement, RTP
Wednesday, May 18
Education Works: Visit to Davidson Community College, Thomasville
Thursday, May 19
Education Works: Speak to Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce 2011 Education Forum
Education Works: Business and Education Roundtable
Friday, May 20
Staff meetings
Jobs Announcement, RTP BEV'S SCHEDULE NEXT WEEK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or