Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2011, 03:03 PM

230 posts, read 275,483 times

Advertisements

HistoryProf, I am sorry but you are the one really playing politics. I would not support either side, I hate both repubs, and dems. They WANT you politically charged about the issue, to force you to take a side, which you are doing, I am not. I am using my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
I think you took my opportunity to speak out against Governor Purdue,and misrepresented what I was saying.

I am speaking to Thaylin and ABCDE12(of whom I am in agreement with on most topics. I do not want to see anyone get "screwed over" no matter what sector of business they are in.

I am saying, now follow this line of thinking with me for a second, the budget and the Unemployment are two separate issues. This is an unemployment forum, not a budget debate. They are tied together because of greasy politics. When you tie them together, you yourself become politically charged for either budget cuts, or job losses, vs. more public programs, etc.

You fall into a preconditioned morality trap.

This is about unemployment benefits being reinstated for people like my mother and father(who are future 99ers). This is not about anyone's genius predictions for this years state budget.

Go play politics if you want to, hold a red or blue banner, whatever...use your brain. People on this forum are on the same side. Their has been an injustice, and we are all witness to it. I want to see EB reinstated, my future respect for this state government is at stake. I am eager for next weeks results, and I remain optimistic about the "stalemate" ending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 03:08 PM

40 posts, read 65,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Some eyes rolled and it was discussed after she left. Now to what extent it will help the cause, who knows. I have found that two of the local tv stations around me actually left my posts up on their facebook book walls and one of them got some action today. Go to wcti12's facebook back and comment too. Hopefully it will get people on it and they will give us some good press. I'm gonna follow it over the weekend and then contact their news anchor and ask for a report. Can't hurt.
facebook...Done and done.
Good job sp!

NewsChannel 12 - Wall | Facebook

Old 05-13-2011, 03:10 PM

249 posts, read 304,945 times
A recent article:
37,000 Jobless Lose Benefits In North Carolina Standoff (http://www.tfdnews.com/news/2011/05/13/98164-37000-jobless-lose-benefits-north-carolina-standoff.htm - broken link)

Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 PM

191 posts, read 218,475 times
I am trying to remain positive about all this. I do think next week will be the week that action will be taken. I know that this week I will receive my last tier 4 check. I can probably hold on maybe 2-3 weeks before I would have to move back in with my parents. I am thankful I have that option as many do not. I just want a damn job and to be self reliant once again.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 PM

169 posts, read 314,930 times
Default You hit the nail on the head

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
HistoryProf, I am sorry but you are the one really playing politics. I would not support either side, I hate both repubs, and dems. They WANT you politically charged about the issue, to force you to take a side, which you are doing, I am not. I am using my brain.
You must be right, I am being politically charged saying the budget and UB have nothing to do with each other. I am being politically charged when I'm saying the governor is doing NOTHING within her power to help 40k people. I am also being politically charged when I am emailing/calling/writing both dems and Repubs to release the EB for the people.

I refuse to argue semantics with you. In fact instead of being the only person arguing with other members on this forum. Go do something productive...like for example..call a local representative, or write a letter to the AP, or email the governor, or go to Charlotte's Monday rally. Don't be stubborn like ole' Purdue chicken who doesn't know how to compromise.

This is a place for support and information, not challenging ideologies.
We are ALL uptight right now over this thing. It has got us all bent.

I'm sorry if I said use your brain. I meant it in a positive way(use your mental energy for something useful). That way.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:27 PM

264 posts, read 313,024 times
Ok, having some ideas here. Its the weekend and most of these guys have aides or staff that keep up with their FB accounts sooo, I know McComas has blocked all posting to his wall but Im willing to bet all our other guys haven't. We've got from now till Monday a.m. to be heard before they will pull it. Same thing with Television stations and radio stations facebook pages.

I'm willing to do my part just know it takes more than one voice in this situation to be heard.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:28 PM

249 posts, read 304,945 times
More media coverage...the AP wire definitely helped get us some recognition. Keep it up.

37,000 Jobless Lose Benefits In North Carolina Standoff « Politicore

37,000 Jobless Lose Benefits In North Carolina Standoff

Old 05-13-2011, 03:36 PM

156 posts, read 190,112 times
I also posted on the news 12 site, I don't see the other one though. Did anyone receive messages from Rep's today? I haven't in a couple days, except for perdues automated mail.

Off-topic, has anyone received there monthly notice to come into esc? I know you have to report 1x a month when your on EB. I had my first one the week before this all crashed. But I haven't received the letter for May yet. Maybe they just leave it up to you when they say once a month. I wonder if I should call or just show up?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:56 PM

Ya know, I've havent gotten my letter telling when to come in. Wonder what up with that. It would be cheaper for them to email us- save paper and stamps!

Jacksonville Daily News FB The Daily News | Facebook

New Bern Sun Journal FB The New Bern Sun Journal | Facebook

WITN Channel 7 FB Sole Provider | Facebook

I'll look for some more FB press- radio, tv, newspaper and post the links up here so we can work a media blitz here. They have moderators and admins but skeleton basis on the weekend and at nights so we have pretty much a blank canvas- just start painting! (I know WITN works that way because I've had communications with him in the past concerning Beaufort Co Hospital)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
I also posted on the news 12 site, I don't see the other one though. Did anyone receive messages from Rep's today? I haven't in a couple days, except for perdues automated mail.

Off-topic, has anyone received there monthly notice to come into esc? I know you have to report 1x a month when your on EB. I had my first one the week before this all crashed. But I haven't received the letter for May yet. Maybe they just leave it up to you when they say once a month. I wonder if I should call or just show up?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:58 PM

Ya know, I've havent gotten my letter telling when to come in. Wonder what up with that. It would be cheaper for them to email us- save paper and stamps!

Jacksonville Daily News FB The Daily News | Facebook

New Bern Sun Journal FB The New Bern Sun Journal | Facebook

WITN Channel 7 FB Sole Provider | Facebook

I'll look for some more FB press- radio, tv, newspaper and post the links up here so we can work a media blitz here. They have moderators and admins but skeleton basis on the weekend and at nights so we have pretty much a blank canvas- just start painting! (I know WITN works that way because I've had communications with him in the past concerning Beaufort Co Hospital)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina