U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-14-2011, 12:44 PM

187 posts, read 156,687 times
People, the Monday rally will make a difference and play a big role in this situation. What simpleman73 is saying seems just about right with Memorial Day around the corner and legislature eager to complete and pass the budget. Just hang in there, make sure you file for your benefits each week and make sure you comply with the work search requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 12:57 PM

3 posts, read 1,924 times
Unfortunately, I will NOT be attending the rally this Monday. I don't have the gas money to afford to go to Charlotte, but to those who can go.. Please SPEAK UP for THEY can HEAR YOU. I sincerely apologize, I spent the majority of my gas tank going to Winston filing up more applications. I'm DESPERATE for a JOB.. its been almost a month and were VERY MUCH STRUGGLING. Social Services only gave my family of (3) a $294 worth of food stamps. Its NOT even enough.. I've spent half of it this week because our pantry was bare and our fridge had very little food left in it.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:17 PM

122 posts, read 93,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
The 2nd or 3rd week of July, no....the budget situation will be settled by then, much sooner.

As I said before, state government shutdowns are extremely rare in the history of our country. The representatives are able to settle it way before that happens.

Eb is tied to the budget. I believe One of two things are going to happen:

1. the EB will be untied from the budget and pass through on some back-door type emergency measure(umm highly unlikely)...that would take some leadership and adult behavior

2.The budget issue will conclude in may or early June. EB solution will follow.

** although who can truly tell at this point. It has been a circus. The reps on both sides have been blowing smoke up people's a** and dangling carrots for weeks. I am no authority, just my opinion.
1. Budget won't be settled til last minute as close to July 1st a possible.

2 If the EB is even connected to the budget, It will take the ESC at least 2 weeks to get the payments started and lump some check done.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:01 PM

162 posts, read 106,268 times
If you are on EB now for the last 6 weeks and you get a job before it is reinstated, do you get the retro money from when you filed?

Old 05-14-2011, 03:14 PM

230 posts, read 150,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post

2 If the EB is even connected to the budget, It will take the ESC at least 2 weeks to get the payments started and lump some check done.

I still file my certification every week. I am hoping that it is an automated service that will kick in and pay me.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:15 PM

230 posts, read 150,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
If you are on EB now for the last 6 weeks and you get a job before it is reinstated, do you get the retro money from when you filed?

I would just be happy you got a job to pay the bills again.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:29 PM

162 posts, read 106,268 times
The reason I was asking is because I owe people that I have borrowed from and would use the back checks to pay them off. I wish for a job and have a chance in the next month.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:29 PM

156 posts, read 103,375 times

Good question??? I was wondering the same. Has everyone sent emails out and told others on FB today?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:16 PM

169 posts, read 170,282 times
Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillunemployed View Post

You seem pretty sure of your answers? Granted, you were correct in your prediction that things were going to take LONGER to play out, but how can you be so certain that EB will take until mid July?

I mean, it is not far fetched to think that these "leaders" would keep dragging this out..but still.

Are you currently one of the representatives hashing this thing out? If not, I am not sure how you are getting your insider information.

Even if you have a good sense of politics, and make educated predictions(which you have). I don't see how you could solidly claim to know the outcome of this thing. I feel that I am very competent in navigating politics, and I definitely can't make a concrete statement about what will happen in the coming weeks.

All I can say...is I hope your NOT right, and I will continue to be optimistic about North Carolina's government doing the right thing.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:40 PM

187 posts, read 156,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
You seem pretty sure of your answers? Granted, you were correct in your prediction that things were going to take LONGER to play out, but how can you be so certain that EB will take until mid July?

I mean, it is not far fetched to think that these "leaders" would keep dragging this out..but still.

Are you currently one of the representatives hashing this thing out? If not, I am not sure how you are getting your insider information.

Even if you have a good sense of politics, and make educated predictions(which you have). I don't see how you could solidly claim to know the outcome of this thing. I feel that I am very competent in navigating politics, and I definitely can't make a concrete statement about what will happen in the coming weeks.

All I can say...is I hope your NOT right, and I will continue to be optimistic about North Carolina's government doing the right thing.
History, you may have stumbled on a very important point that I have been pondering upon for several days. We have all come on this site as the victims who have been affected by the crooked games of politics that crooked politicians have played with the issue of EB Benefits. We are identified by pseudonyms. Yesterday, somebody posted that members of congress do not visit these sites, and they exist so people can "vent" out their problems. I don't agree. I firmly believe that amongst us here and in many other sites such as facebook, there are "Moderators" of politicians who pose as one of the affected victims of this issue and have a sole purpose to bring down the morale of people to fizzle out this issue by posting negative comments. That is why, I advise everyone to become as proactive and as loud as ever on this, and let's show them that we mean business here! Do not pay attention to senseless distractions! We're talking about the lives of people, of young children, of households and families!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina