Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 06:07 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
I just want to give a huge shout out of thanks to jdljr for his truly humanitarian efforts in guiding us through these complications. I now have such a better understanding of the system and I'm now confident that his advice and direction has given me assurance that my situation is finally straightened out. I exhausted all available benefits in my first claim year except for EB. That was regular UE, then both tiers of EUC & had started EB when my claim year expired. A new claim year was filed & set and I rec'd regualr UE but NOT eligible for extensions in my new bene yr. b/c I did not meet the 1.5 rule criteria. So, I was a classic pull forward, where they had to back to my original benefit year and pick up starting in Tier 3 of EUC, which is 50% of my most original claim. My weekly benefit amount is the same as my original benefit year. With my original benefit being 18 weeks (I was mistaken in earlier posts when I said 19), my newly started Tier 3 is for 50%, or 9 weeks. If the deadline extends I will be eligible (if I haven't found work by then) for the 14th week of Tier 2, then Tier 4, which is ABOUT 21% of the origianl benefit. Since I rec'd regular EB in my old benefit year, but not eligible for extensions in my new benefit year, I will not be eligible to get it (EB) again. This is what jdljr has said all along, but I was getting different stories each time I spoke to a claim rep. He knows his stuff, for sure. His wilingness to post each & every night and on weekends is unprecedented. This is truly a valuable service to us who are dazed & confused. Before I found this forum, I was lost & at the mercy of whatever info I was able to salvage from speaking to different claim reps. I will say, though, in fairness, that these extensions have taxed the system's technical capabilities, and navigating the uncharted waters for the reps has probably made for as many headaches for those ESC workers, as it has for us. I commend jdljr again for being patient and caring on this forum, and for taking ownership of the challenges his job endures with the ever changing landscape of UE. I don't know many doctors or lawyers or any other discipline who spends their personal time helping those in need, so again, please, if jdljr helps you, I hope you remember to thank him!
Now you've got it down pat about your claim, you stated it like an ESC rep!

And thanks for the praise. It just frustrates me when people get different answers from different people. Best to look at it myself sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asil111 View Post
I guess I really do not know what I have had and haven't had.....is there any way to look and find out......And...Thanks for all the info....I just wish I knew where I was in all of this....But I guess if I am to get more money...they will let me know....at least I hope so!
You could call an ESC rep and have them tell you which programs you've exhausted and which you are in. If they can look at the "B.07" screen they can see which programs you've exhausted and which you're in. For straight (non combined wage claim) claims, here are some codes they'd see:

01 is regular UI
E1 is Tier 1 EUC
G1 is Tier 2 EUC
I1 is Tier 3 EUC
21 is EB

They can also look at the "B.46" screen. It's so simple to see what program(s) people have exhausted and which they're in. You may also be able to visit our website, www.ncesc.com and click on "view benefit payment history" or something like that - log-in with your social security number and PIN and see if that tells you what you're seeking.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvestal View Post
this question goes to jdlr. My benefit year ended 1/24/10. I worked at a temp job last year for 2 1/2 months I got my letter stating I was eligible for $505. Then my employer told them I quit, which I did in 2008 but still worked for the through temp until 12/31/08. Then they called me back in feb until may. Long story, but I quit in June 2008 but I worked thru temp for them until 12/31/08, they laid me off through the temp agency then called me back in Feb and I worked until the laid me off again. I did work another job until 1/6/09. I sent in the paperwork to Raleigh 1/11/10. If they don't approve me will I get anything esle? EB, Teir 2, 3 4, I only drew 9 1/2 months, from the company that laid me off 1/09, since I worked and had to claim my wages last year. If I knew this would hurt I wouldn't have called my previous employer let me come back. I probably have some unused money also, will I get that?
If I'm understanding your situation right...If they don't approve you, unfortunately you won't get anything. Your new benefit year entirely hinges on the separation reason from your last employer, which technically is the temp agency. If it ends up you're not approved you would be able to appeal. It's at the appeal hearing that you'd be able to verbally state your case...but it's a ways down the road that an appeal hearing date would be set up for you. That's dirty for an employer to state you quit if you really didn't, because it causes undue delays and can cause you to have a disqualification on your claim. Even a partial disqualification prohibits someone from receiving EB (if they get to that point).

Old 02-16-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
For jdljr----Well, you & I know my claim is finally correct as of today. But.... I kid you not.....I just opened my mail today & I rec'd a letter (postmarked yesterday) saying I was monetarily eligible for Second Tier benefits with a weekly benefit amount that is the same as my NEW benefit year!!! I guess someone bothered to take a second look after I called them yesterday & corrected it but the letter had already been triggered. As we know, I did not qualify for Second Tier in my new year due to the 1.5 rule. Just thought you'd be interested in knowing. Thanks again!
Ahhhh, the ESC letters. Who knows why they go out when they do. It pains me to say that some of them are errors. That makes us look bad as an agency.

It very well could be that your claim was one of those that had erroneously triggered for a duplicate round of Tier 2, and someone (or a programming patch) caught it and put it into Tier 3 as it should be. I'm glad that I got to see for myself that everything looks fine at this point.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:59 PM

28 posts, read 54,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
If I'm understanding your situation right...If they don't approve you, unfortunately you won't get anything. Your new benefit year entirely hinges on the separation reason from your last employer, which technically is the temp agency. If it ends up you're not approved you would be able to appeal. It's at the appeal hearing that you'd be able to verbally state your case...but it's a ways down the road that an appeal hearing date would be set up for you. That's dirty for an employer to state you quit if you really didn't, because it causes undue delays and can cause you to have a disqualification on your claim. Even a partial disqualification prohibits someone from receiving EB (if they get to that point).
Thanks, I think my actual employer(not temp agency) may have gotten confused and thought they were talking about in 2008. I hope thats the problem. I will appeal if they deny me because I did not quit.

Thanks again you are great!

Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvestal View Post

Thanks, I think my actual employer(not temp agency) may have gotten confused and thought they were talking about in 2008. I hope thats the problem. I will appeal if they deny me because I did not quit.

Thanks again you are great!
You're welcome. Just to be clear, the temp agency is considered the last employer, not the actual location (company) where you were performing the work. So hopefully it's the temp agency that is reporting your separation reason, and it'd be nice if they tell the truth.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:17 PM

86 posts, read 174,198 times
JDLJR A quick question for you. how many weeks of EB one is eligible for in one benefit year?
thank you very much

Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 PM

28 posts, read 67,886 times
Does anyone know when and IF the 14 week and Teir 4 will actually happen before February28, 2010.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
JDLJR A quick question for you. how many weeks of EB one is eligible for in one benefit year?
thank you very much
EB is 80% of your original claim duration. So if you got 26 weeks of regular UI, you'd get 20 weeks of EB. 20 weeks of regular UI, 16 weeks of EB, etc.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpoochie View Post
Does anyone know when and IF the 14 week and Teir 4 will actually happen before February28, 2010.
I *think* the 14th week testing was happening today or tonight. But even if it didn't happen before Feb 28th, I'd think you'd still be eligible for it, since you exhausted Tier 3 before Feb 28th. As long as you exhaust whatever tier you're in by Feb 28th, you're eligible for the next higher tier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina