U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 AM

24 posts, read 28,138 times

Advertisements

Reply to ema

--- On Tue, 5/17/11, Sen. Phil Berger (President Pro Tempore) <Phil.Berger@ncleg.net> wrote:

From: Sen. Phil Berger (President Pro Tempore) <Phil.Berger@ncleg.net>
Subject: RE: Concerned Citizen
To: xxxx Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 10:27 AM

xxxx,
Thank you for your email. Sen. Berger is still in full support of House bill 383 which kept the ESC extended benefits available. Since this is such an urgent matter we had this bill ratified in a special Satruday session and put on the governor’s desk for her approval. Unfortunatley the governor vetoed the bill.

House bill 383 is a two part bill. It extends unemployment benefits in a timely manner to ensure that no additional harm is brought to our families that are already struggling. But keep in mind that this situation sheds light on a bigger problem that may rear its ugly head again in June, which is also addressed in HB383. In June if the governor and the legislature are unable to agree on a budget HB383 is simply providing a failsafe for government agencies, services, and payments continue to operate. HB383 puts a common sense plan in place that allows State Government and agencies to operate in the wake of the governor’s well used veto stamp. This will help us avoid a much bigger catastrophe then what we are facing currently.

The bill is currently residing in the House. We are hopeful that the governor will release 4 democrats to vote with the majority for a veto over-ride that will restore benefits.

On behalf of Sen. Berger,

Mike Rusher
Director of Constituent Services
Office of the Senate President Pro Tempore
Mike.rusher@ncleg.net
Follow Sen. Berger:

Responce to my email concerning EB

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM

157 posts, read 157,304 times
different letter, same spin as the one I got from Apodaca's office

Old 05-17-2011, 11:41 AM

171 posts, read 242,260 times
I swear if they leave on thursday without even addressing it then that will be it for me. We can't put any more heat on them than what's going on now. We should at least hear some rumblings of conversations about it at least this week after the beating they are taking in the media.

Meanwhile this morning, I was reminded that CARING people exist. Instead of an eviction notice being placed on our door. We just received a letter taped to our door that said "PLEASE CALL ME" from our landlord. my roommate called and found out that he is willing to take any any amount this month with the remainder being deffered until June. But whats even more amazing is that he told us that he offered our former roommate a job managing his properties. Which means she will be able to move back in and help us with the rent. This is truely GOD's blessing.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 AM

171 posts, read 242,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicntrd View Post
Reply to ema

--- On Tue, 5/17/11, Sen. Phil Berger (President Pro Tempore) <Phil.Berger@ncleg.net> wrote:
From: Sen. Phil Berger (President Pro Tempore) <Phil.Berger@ncleg.net>
Subject: RE: Concerned Citizen
To: xxxx Date: Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 10:27 AM

xxxx,
Thank you for your email. Sen. Berger is still in full support of House bill 383 which kept the ESC extended benefits available. Since this is such an urgent matter we had this bill ratified in a special Satruday session and put on the governorís desk for her approval. Unfortunatley the governor vetoed the bill.

House bill 383 is a two part bill. It extends unemployment benefits in a timely manner to ensure that no additional harm is brought to our families that are already struggling. But keep in mind that this situation sheds light on a bigger problem that may rear its ugly head again in June, which is also addressed in HB383. In June if the governor and the legislature are unable to agree on a budget HB383 is simply providing a failsafe for government agencies, services, and payments continue to operate. HB383 puts a common sense plan in place that allows State Government and agencies to operate in the wake of the governorís well used veto stamp. This will help us avoid a much bigger catastrophe then what we are facing currently.

The bill is currently residing in the House. We are hopeful that the governor will release 4 democrats to vote with the majority for a veto over-ride that will restore benefits.

On behalf of Sen. Berger,

Mike Rusher
Director of Constituent Services
Office of the Senate President Pro Tempore
Mike.rusher@ncleg.net
Follow Sen. Berger:

Responce to my email concerning EB

Exact same letter I received from someone a week and half ago. In other words they aren't doing anything until their budget is passed.
Horrible excuse for humans.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 AM

156 posts, read 163,702 times
Thats wonderful dazeja I don't know what to think if thursday comes and goes with no attention to the matter.... Mr. Nesbitt had his weekly press conference rescheduled twice today, now for 4pm. I hope he'll have good news.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:56 AM

264 posts, read 320,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infowanted View Post
I sent the N&O article to all of the news/media contacts in the Wilmington metro area. McComas represents our district and New Hanover County... it's time that his voters KNOW the political games he is playing. Another member of the committee holding HB 676 is Carolyn Justice. She is another one elected by my neighbors. One can only hope locally they'll pick up this info and let the people know who we've elected. How embarrassing!
Good thinking, Infowanted!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:05 PM

191 posts, read 188,949 times
These guys are shady, someone marked my email as spam. I am getting failure notices. I went to look up my IP and it says it was reported last week for spam. Hmmm, just when I was sending out all those emails. And I didn't bombard them, each person at most got 2-3 emails from me last week.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM

264 posts, read 320,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
Thats wonderful dazeja I don't know what to think if thursday comes and goes with no attention to the matter.... Mr. Nesbitt had his weekly press conference rescheduled twice today, now for 4pm. I hope he'll have good news.
Was it a week or so ago that Nesbitt said he had an idea on how to get the bill moving? Did he ever reveal what that idea was?

Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM

156 posts, read 163,702 times
Did anyone catch what they just moved to June7 calender? One guy said something about an unemployment fix to be moved off calender for today. He said unemployment fix, not 3 yr lookback....

Old 05-17-2011, 12:25 PM

244 posts, read 273,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
Did anyone catch what they just moved to June7 calender? One guy said something about an unemployment fix to be moved off calender for today. He said unemployment fix, not 3 yr lookback....
It was HB597

North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 597 Information/History (2011-2012 Session)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or