U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM

134 posts, read 152,266 times

Advertisements

I would like to inform you that we have included the unemployment
benefits in the Senate Budget and hopefully this budget will be passed
in the near future. I hope this news finds you well and you have a great
night.

Best Regards,
Brent LATEST RESPONSE I RECEIVED, THIS WAS BRENT JACKSON SEN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 04:19 PM

64 posts, read 67,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
$100,000,000,000 on waiting for clean bill being her only answer.
I am so tired of your "I told you so" attitude and your erroneous posts. Do us all a favor and leave this board. We are the ones suffering, you are only trolling for your own self appreciation. I hate to use the venacular, but F off.

Thank you and have a good life thaylin.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:31 PM

230 posts, read 237,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
I am so tired of your "I told you so" attitude and your erroneous posts. Do us all a favor and leave this board. We are the ones suffering, you are only trolling for your own self appreciation. I hate to use the venacular, but F off.

Thank you and have a good life thaylin.

Dude you need to calm down...... First of all we all have those "I told you so" moments, which that was not. That was a frustrated I know what she is going to say, because she has said it a million times attitude.

Also I am not sure what you mean "we are the ones suffering". I am one of the 37000 as well, I was told I was losing my job on cinco de mayo in 2009, and was officially laid off on the 4th of july, what kinda crap do you think that felt like.

187 posts, read 229,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
I would like to inform you that we have included the unemployment
benefits in the Senate Budget and hopefully this budget will be passed
in the near future. I hope this news finds you well and you have a great
night.

Best Regards,
Brent LATEST RESPONSE I RECEIVED, THIS WAS BRENT JACKSON SEN.
Well, we finally have some news here... Thank you for sharing this with us mommy terry.

Forget about Thalyin, it (she or he is a troll/mole) we need to continue on our course to get the GA to pass a clean bill. The Gov said she would sign it immediately. I would love to say that I would go the Raleigh and protest, but, I don't have the funds to do that. I think the reason why most people didn't show up at the rally is because, like me, they don't have the funds to gas up a car and drive for hours to show up. I applaud everyone that did show up. We need to continue on our emails/phone calls/facebook/social media to get this out in the limelight of the major news centers.

On a good note, I received an email from Good Morning America about the situation. The bad news is they told me that I would have to mail them documents to their producers, they don't accept emails as a precedent. If any of you would like to take control of that this is the email they sent me...

Thank you for your request to ABC News.

To submit a story idea to one of the ABC News shows listed below, write a single page letter including your name, phone number, and address. Include photocopies of backup information. On the outside of the envelope, write "Story Idea." If a producer is interested in your story, he/she will contact you. Here are the show addresses:

20/20
147 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023

Primetime/What Would You Do?
147 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023

Nightline/This Week
1717 DeSales Street NW
Washington, DC 20036

ABC World News with Diane Sawyer
47 West 66th Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10023

Good Morning America
147 Columbus Avenue
New York, NY 10023

Old 05-17-2011, 04:33 PM

8 posts, read 13,364 times
Hello all....

I have been lurking on here, and sending emails when Im here, but it has become increasingly difficult getting to a library and now I am not going to have a car. If anyone would be so kind as to text me if there are any positive updates that would be great. 336 978 7120....I dont use my minutes, as they cost money but texts are free, and I dont have a ton of minutes left.

This will probably be the last time I can sign on for a week or two.

Thanks! And good luck to all.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:34 PM

230 posts, read 237,648 times
Quote:
Perdue said Tuesday she's asked lawmakers to draft a stand-alone benefits bill.

"Send it today, and I'll sign it today the minute I get it," Perdue said.

Sen. Tom Apodaca, R-Hendersonville, said Republicans have no plans to change the bill.

"We have voted for it and sent it to her. She chose not to support it, so I'd say the bill is in her court," he said.

He called the stalemate "pure politics."

From WRAL

I am not sure but either this Sen did not understand the question, or WRAL just linked 2 similar, but very different questions to him.. If he thinks they voted on a stand alone bill I think he needs to be the next to be called/mailed constantly.

Quote:
House and Senate Democrats plan to hold a joint press conference at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday to discuss ongoing efforts to extend jobless benefits. Watch it LIVE on WRAL.com.
This seems to be good news to me...they are helping push on.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:53 PM

134 posts, read 152,266 times
I forgot to post that I did go into the ESC while there on Monday. I ask about job search, just to be sure. I was told you have to do 2 searches per week, in person or via internet. Phone calls to potential employers not accepted as job search.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:54 PM

57 posts, read 59,914 times
I have been following this post and decided to register today. I too am one of the 37,000 affected. I have always worked up until '09 when I was let go. I receive the maximum amount of benefits because I held a high paying position. I submit at least 25 resumes a week with little or no response. Just recently I applied for jobs at Waffle house, Home depot Walmart etc... I recently inquired about volunteering with a local volunteer fire department with hopes of it leading to something bigger. But with no income, no phone, no car insurance I am out of options. I had to walk to the library just to post this comment. Like others I wanted to go to the rally in Charlotte but didn't have the means. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
Dude you need to calm down...... First of all we all have those "I told you so" moments, which that was not. That was a frustrated I know what she is going to say, because she has said it a million times attitude.

Also I am not sure what you mean "we are the ones suffering". I am one of the 37000 as well, I was told I was losing my job on cinco de mayo in 2009, and was officially laid off on the 4th of july, what kinda crap do you think that felt like.
I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you, but after the rally in Charlotte you posted that "I told them if they didn't have 37,000 people showing up it would just be a waste of time". If that's not an "I told you so"...I don't know what is. On the record...I have never had one of those "I told you so" moments. If I have my back to the wall, I never give up. I always find a way to work things out.

I spent 10 years in Air Force, serving in Southeast Asia in many conflicts. I have been in combat, seen more than a person should see. Our basic training motto was the same thing I told you lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or