U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 04:57 PM

169 posts, read 280,349 times

Advertisements

House and Senate Democrats plan to hold a joint press conference at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday to discuss ongoing efforts to extend jobless benefits. Watch it LIVE on WRAL.com.

Weird. A press conference to talk about something so easily fixed(unattach the bill)....push through a stand-alone bill, then work out the budget.

Maybe that is what is going to happen.

Hurry up and wait I guess.

fingers crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 PM

30 posts, read 53,892 times
I will be at the end of tier 4 by the end of June,do you all think that I will be able to get EB ?

thank you

Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 PM

264 posts, read 269,978 times
NC Pundit
#NCGA to hold a joint press conf. at 1:30 p.m. Wed. to discuss ongoing efforts to extend #jobless benefits Budget fight keeps Perdue, GOP at unemployment stalemate :: WRAL.com#ncpol

Old 05-17-2011, 05:01 PM

64 posts, read 67,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
I have been following this post and decided to register today. I too am one of the 37,000 affected. I have always worked up until '09 when I was let go. I receive the maximum amount of benefits because I held a high paying position. I submit at least 25 resumes a week with little or no response. Just recently I applied for jobs at Waffle house, Home depot Walmart etc... I recently inquired about volunteering with a local volunteer fire department with hopes of it leading to something bigger. But with no income, no phone, no car insurance I am out of options. I had to walk to the library just to post this comment. Like others I wanted to go to the rally in Charlotte but didn't have the means. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.
Thanks for posting here. We need everyone we can to spread the word and their stories. I appreciate what you are doing.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:01 PM

230 posts, read 237,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
I forgot to post that I did go into the ESC while there on Monday. I ask about job search, just to be sure. I was told you have to do 2 searches per week, in person or via internet. Phone calls to potential employers not accepted as job search.
Terry,
Those are the default requirements. You are suposed to be able to ask to get that changed if the need arrises, or you run out of jobs. When I went they told me I could change it to do some via phone calls. Did you ask about this and was shot down?

I have had the ESC give me conflicting information, about 6 months after searching and failing to find a job I applied for WIA. After taking the test and doing the interview I was told I was in the program but would have to wait till the next shool year because the funding ran out. Part of the thing about being in WIA is you are not suposed to have to do your job search.. So color me surprised when I got a letter from the ESC asking for proof of job search. Thankfully even though I went back to school I was still looking for a full time job so was able to provide it.

I was told by ESC that the person who had told me I was completely in was fired for telling people the incorrect information, and that I was not in until funding for me was approved.... Later I was told there was an additional year waiting to get on the list, and then they do not want to let me in unless I promiss to stay in the county (robeson /shiver) when I graduate. That is not part of the rules for WIA. It has been an additional year, I am hoping to hear from them any day that I will be in WIA, although soon the help they would provide would be useless.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM

230 posts, read 237,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
House and Senate Democrats plan to hold a joint press conference at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday to discuss ongoing efforts to extend jobless benefits. Watch it LIVE on WRAL.com.

Weird. A press conference to talk about something so easily fixed(unattach the bill)....push through a stand-alone bill, then work out the budget.

Maybe that is what is going to happen.

Hurry up and wait I guess.

fingers crossed.

I really hope so, however it will be sans repubs.. It could be that since tomorrow is the commette day they will get something done, however anouncing the newconference a day early would probably make repubs mad.

I am thinking it is something to put more pressure on the issue, which is almost as welcome as pushing the standalone bill.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:04 PM

156 posts, read 163,771 times
@dozeberrypillboy, NO, you will not receive until this is all ironed out. That's where all of us are right now unless some had just gotten into EB.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:05 PM

64 posts, read 67,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozeberrypillboy View Post
I will be at the end of tier 4 by the end of June,do you all think that I will be able to get EB ?

thank you
Only if this bill gets passed before you hit the end. The way I understand it, they will only grant EB if you were on EB prior to Apr 16. However, that could change if they send a clean bill to the Gov. Right now, it's a wait and see. If I were you, I would save every dime I could between now and the end of June just in case. My thoughts are with you.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:06 PM

156 posts, read 163,771 times
thnx ranger

Old 05-17-2011, 05:07 PM

134 posts, read 152,295 times
I went into the office, they pulled up my file and told me 2 in contacts per week, in person or internet. Phones call not accepted. That's all I can tell you, these are my requirements for EB. You may want to check for yourself, if it varies from person to person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or