Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 08:41 AM

7 posts, read 24,005 times

Advertisements

Thank you for your help and I assume that even if my EB are being issued I have to establish a new claim on the date my benefit year ends. Do I reapply on-line like before and do I have to wait until the exact date of year end or apply before hand?

With my Benefit year start date of 01/11/2009, will I still receive EB up to the point of my year end? And I assume that if I do not qualify for new claim I will go back and collect EB from current claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 05:20 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clog View Post
Thank you for your help and I assume that even if my EB are being issued I have to establish a new claim on the date my benefit year ends. Do I reapply on-line like before and do I have to wait until the exact date of year end or apply before hand?

With my Benefit year start date of 01/11/2009, will I still receive EB up to the point of my year end? And I assume that if I do not qualify for new claim I will go back and collect EB from current claim.
Yes, if you are in EB and your benefit year ends, you have to establish a new benefit year to continue collecting your EB. You can apply online as you did before. If you will begin a new regular UI claim you will have to serve a new waiting week. However, if you do not qualify for a new regular UI claim and are only going to collect EB, you do not have to serve a new waiting week. You must wait until the day after your benefit year expires to apply for a new benefit year.

You will receive EB up to the end of your benefit year provided there are still EB funds available on your claim. And if you do not qualify for a new regular UI claim, then you will establish a new benefit year and collect the remaining EB.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:07 AM

31 posts, read 89,458 times
Default 2nd tier extension

I just got a monetary determination letter approving me for 2nd tier EUC for 13 weeks
but my benefit yr ends on 11/30/2009 coming up . do I have to re apply to the ESC? or just keep collecting my 13 weeks?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap1 View Post
I just got a monetary determination letter approving me for 2nd tier EUC for 13 weeks
but my benefit yr ends on 11/30/2009 coming up . do I have to re apply to the ESC? or just keep collecting my 13 weeks?
You will have to establish a new benefit year. Benefit years are only good for a 52-week circle of time. When the benefit year ends, that claim is done.

If you have enough wages in the base period to establish a new, regular UI claim, then you will not get the Tier2 from the previous claim. If you don't have enough wages in the base period to establish a new, regular UI claim, then they'll set up a new benefit year for you to go back and get any remaining extension money on your old claim.

Either way, you MUST attempt a new benefit year to continue drawing benefits.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:52 AM

Thank you for the info you are very helpful. so do I establish a new clain by just hitting the apply button on the computer or go down there or call? How far ahead of the ending date should you do this to not lose any weels money? do they hold back a week again ?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the info you are very helpful. so do I establish a new clain by just hitting the apply button on the computer or go down there or call? How far ahead of the ending date should you do this to not lose any weels money? do they hold back a week again ?
You can either call the statewide toll free number, do it on the internet, or visit your local office.

You can't apply for a new benefit year until yours has ended. The system won't accept it. So wait until yours ends before attempting.

If you can set a new, regular UI claim (if you have enough wages in the base period to do so), then you WILL have to serve a new waiting week. If you don't have enough wages in the base period to establish a new, regular UI claim they'll set you up a new benefit year to go back and collect any remaining extension money from your previous benefit year, and you will NOT have to serve a new waiting week.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:39 PM

Thanks , one more question. When I first started collecting unemployment my employer disputed my claim and we went to unemployment court (over the phone) the case was awarded to me and I continued to collect with no disputes against me.
because of this I will not be able to collect EB if and when the time comes? and the new extension if it is after the Eb?

Old 11-07-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Thanks , one more question. When I first started collecting unemployment my employer disputed my claim and we went to unemployment court (over the phone) the case was awarded to me and I continued to collect with no disputes against me.
because of this I will not be able to collect EB if and when the time comes? and the new extension if it is after the Eb?
Correct. If you have any disqualification on your claim, you will not be eligible for EB.

We have not yet gotten any specifics on how the new extension will work, whether it will mirror EB (not eligible if you have a disqualification) or mirror the EUC08 (eligible even if you have a disqualification). Further, we don't know WHO will be eligible, if they'll back up the effective date, etc.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:51 PM

6 posts, read 23,206 times
Just found this site, it has some awesome information!! My benefit year ends tomorrow, I believe, last Monday when I filed my weekly certification I aslo reapplied for benefits online, I received a confirmation e-mail, does that mean my claim went through or do I need to reappy again on Monday? If so will it be flagged because I reapplied twice? Also I am currently collecting Tier 2 benefits, what are the parameters to qualify for EB? Thank you for any information you can provide.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:30 AM

once you reapply on line does your application just go behind hundreds of others? How long does it take to get reistablished? a month or more with the holidays coming I need to do it the fastest way possible which would that be? on line? in person ? etc.
also if I won my appeal why do they hold that against you? as far as Eb etc? seems if they awarded you the appeal it should follow all the way thru all the extensions. Thank you so much for this info. I would rather know now than have all this come as a big suprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina