U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 12:53 PM

59 posts, read 63,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
?
SignOn.org Beta

Original post of whirledps...I have only posted a couple of time so the link probably will not be hot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 12:57 PM

169 posts, read 280,124 times
Default We voted and we are going to vote again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
The Heartless vs. The Spineless!

But we're to fault, we voted for these stubborn a*holes. Going to work, got a meeting with my part-time job's boss. I rather beg for more hours than to beg these heartless creeps for anything else.
Your right, we did vote for many of these people. It is really interesting that the Republicans are ignoring the straight shooting logic that Mr. Nesbitt is providing.

It seems to defy all intelligence doesn't it? Help people and it won't cost you a dime?
or
Don't help people, watch them suffer and squirm as the clock ticks. It really is just plain heartless.

For Berger to repeat the statement about the budget or an override, etc. is just plain insulting.

As the snowball in the media gets bigger, which it has exponentially, will the Repubs try to save their tainted image (in the eyes of North Carolinians)?

or do they figure because this EB will pass anyway when the budget goes through, it will be forgotten. What is the Repub logic behind all this? It doesn't make sense anymore?

Old 05-18-2011, 01:01 PM

162 posts, read 182,142 times
Berger 051811 UE 2 on Vimeo

Old 05-18-2011, 01:07 PM

169 posts, read 280,124 times
Default WOW Thank You for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post

That was great, no "mudslinging" or too much politics talk on the forum, or I would gladly comment further.

GO NC MEDIA!!!

Old 05-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
That was great, no "mudslinging" or too much politics talk on the forum, or I would gladly comment further.
It was cutoff where she said it doesn't solve the problem. Then he said something like uh and moved on to the next question.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:23 PM

230 posts, read 237,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
When I was laid off, I rolled over $1200 from my 401K. If I cash that out now, while I am still filing weekly certifications on EB, do I have to claim it. I know there is a spot on the weekly cert questions that says something about change to a pension plan etc. It was rolled over to a money market with Oppenheimer. I am desperate. I just looked at my checking account.

Yes you would have to claim it, however all it should do is push your benefits back, not cut them off, similar to how serverance pay works, you can not start UI until the weeks your severnce is supposed to cover passes.

Dont take my word for it (really) call the ESC to make sure.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
It was cutoff where she said it doesn't solve the problem. Then he said something like uh and moved on to the next question.

It really made him look bad, in my opinion.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:25 PM

162 posts, read 167,588 times
thanks thaylin. I thought so.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:44 PM

Here is what Blust said about EB amendment to H597
nongermane amendment - An amendment that would add new and different subject matter to, or may be irrelevant to, the bill or other measure it seeks to amend. Senate rules permit nongermane amendments in all but a few specific circumstances.

Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Here is what Blust said about EB amendment to H597
nongermane amendment - An amendment that would add new and different subject matter to, or may be irrelevant to, the bill or other measure it seeks to amend. Senate rules permit nongermane amendments in all but a few specific circumstances.

I thought they claimed it was nongermane solely because of its size relative to the bill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or