U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 PM

156 posts, read 168,419 times

Advertisements

Senate is at recess till 4:10...House is debating last thing on there agenda, maybe they'll do something for us...Keep praying everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 02:19 PM

169 posts, read 287,058 times
Default I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
Senate is at recess till 4:10...House is debating last thing on there agenda, maybe they'll do something for us...Keep praying everyone.
If 9 Republicans signed the petition to bring H676 to the floor and make it standalone,based on Berger's firm stance, any Repub(who was acting on morals etc) would be treated poorly by their Republican colleagues.

Mr. Nesbitt really hopes their will be a group of Repubs that helps, and the Repubs hope that four Dems will override the Governor's veto. It is a standoff.

What is the house going to do for us today before 4:30? I'm so tired of feeling this way.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:33 PM

Apodaca just argued for it to be stricken from the health bill that was going to pass today Mr. Nesbitt went to the senate and asked for it to be added to the bill as an amendment. He argued for it just like the press conference, stating it wouldn't add to anything at all, it just needed to get on something and PASS.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:35 PM

157 posts, read 161,905 times
Senate: Nesbitt tries to attach unemployment benefits to state health plan fix. Lt Gov Dalton rules it out of order.

Dalton expressed hope an independent bill could still come forward to fix the unemployment formula. "Rules are rules."

Old 05-18-2011, 02:35 PM

Apodaca also said how he was in favor of it passing, but saw no reason through the germaine reason that it should be added to this bill. He asked how is this related to an insurance bill, nesbitt said it was ins, just like unemployment is ins. Apodaca then stated he was all for it passing in a stand alone bill, and thought it should be coming soon.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Was it Dalton? I thought it was Apodaca...Oh well, it was a helluva try no less! With all that happened today though, I think were getting close. I think I said that the other day though.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:38 PM

21 posts, read 22,381 times
Default this is getteing old

they say it shouldnt be added to the health bill because it has no reason to be added there....yet they added it to the buget bill??????????they are real dumba's....i hope i dont run into one of these repubs....ill be getting 3 hots and a cot...i will pass the headbutt to there nose bill

Old 05-18-2011, 02:38 PM

162 posts, read 172,431 times
Why would he argue to stricken it. If the Republicans want the unemployed to get their Extended Benefits like they keep saying, then why should they object. That says to me they don't want it to pass at all. I am shaking my head. Are all Republicans that afraid of Berger and Tillis? They have no hearts, they have no conscience.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:39 PM

171 posts, read 251,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Your right, we did vote for many of these people. It is really interesting that the Republicans are ignoring the straight shooting logic that Mr. Nesbitt is providing.

It seems to defy all intelligence doesn't it? Help people and it won't cost you a dime?
or
Don't help people, watch them suffer and squirm as the clock ticks. It really is just plain heartless.

For Berger to repeat the statement about the budget or an override, etc. is just plain insulting.

As the snowball in the media gets bigger, which it has exponentially, will the Repubs try to save their tainted image (in the eyes of North Carolinians)?

or do they figure because this EB will pass anyway when the budget goes through, it will be forgotten. What is the Repub logic behind all this? It doesn't make sense anymore?
Actually it does make sense. it's still not logical but it makes sense. Just read the comments on any article written about EB or UI and you will find about half of the comments are heartless comments from people who don't believe in it. The GOP represents those people. Berger and Tillis let their real feelings slip one time early in this game when they said" remember we are talking about people that have been unemployed for 79 weeks". if they didn't need their budget passed they wouldn't even consider passing this. maybe 5 or 6 would but not 9. And currently we don't have a spokesperson other than Nesbitt that's pressuring them. I've said it before, they will not lose many votes over this at all so they really don't have anything to lose. They can wait as long as it takes.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:44 PM

57 posts, read 61,592 times
Default Vote them out!

This is what happens when public ignorance avails at the voting booths, this is what happens when you buy into the marquee advertisements of a "New GOP Agenda." Pub's were never mum about their intentions to push spending cuts paired with attempts to block key implementations on all levels of government. I don't balme Perdue for not giving in. Come election day the unruly newcomers will be kicked out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or