U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 04:26 PM

264 posts, read 269,771 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone for setting my mind at ease that I was corrent in thinking that EB did not have to be paid back. I'm exhausted and feel like I've put in a hard day's work looking for work and searching for answers from our representatives. I too am having a very difficult time trying to remain optimistic but tonight, I'd love to have a pity party. I need to feel productive and needed. It's so hard to continue on without work. That's all I've known all my life. If I had the opportunity to retire today, I really dont think I'd know what to do with myself! There's only so much fun I can have without feeling the need to get to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM

64 posts, read 67,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
TI'd love to have a pity party. .
Some sage advice I got from Pam Stone....(google her). I was doing some comedy writing for her years ago, and when I was having a really bad day, she said...everyone is entitled to a 24 hour pity party. We are all in the same situation, so, I think a pity party is in order. Let it go, yell, scream, and release those emotions. Pam is a good friend of mine, and her advice has been very good. For those that don't google her, she was Coach Judy Watkins on Coach.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:54 PM

Thanks, RB. We've all had to go through some life changing events over the last couple yrs that could pretty much amount to some form of post traumatic stress. It's had to give yourself permission to have a good time or let go with the weight or your world and your family on your shoulders but I think its time I step back and try to let off some steam myself. Its reeking havoc on my physical and mental health and I dont need that.

I have a boat (thats paid for) and would love nothing more than drop anchor out on the water to some good tunes and some bait on a hook. I may just settle for some ditch fishing with a transitor radio and a pack of nabs. I'd feel less guilty. I live close to New Bern.

I'll look up Pam Stone. Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
Some sage advice I got from Pam Stone....(google her). I was doing some comedy writing for her years ago, and when I was having a really bad day, she said...everyone is entitled to a 24 hour pity party. We are all in the same situation, so, I think a pity party is in order. Let it go, yell, scream, and release those emotions. Pam is a good friend of mine, and her advice has been very good. For those that don't google her, she was Coach Judy Watkins on Coach.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks, RB. We've all had to go through some life changing events over the last couple yrs that could pretty much amount to some form of post traumatic stress. It's had to give yourself permission to have a good time or let go with the weight or your world and your family on your shoulders but I think its time I step back and try to let off some steam myself. Its reeking havoc on my physical and mental health and I dont need that.

I have a boat (thats paid for) and would love nothing more than drop anchor out on the water to some good tunes and some bait on a hook. I may just settle for some ditch fishing with a transitor radio and a pack of nabs. I'd feel less guilty. I live close to New Bern.

I'll look up Pam Stone. Thanks so much.
If you need a fishing partner, me and my dog Spike would love to go out with you. I'll bring the bait...not Spike. )

Old 05-19-2011, 05:04 PM

Good fishing 'round these parts, day or night. Love to have you and Spike out drowning bait for a spell. I'll set up some shade for Spike and maybe he can share it with us. We can talk EB and how we can fix the economy!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Good fishing 'round these parts, day or night. Love to have you and Spike out drowning bait for a spell. I'll set up some shade for Spike and maybe he can share it with us. We can talk EB and how we can fix the economy!
I look forward to it. I haven't been fishing since I did some deep sea fishing in the Phillipines back in 1979, when I caught half a tuna (the shark ate the rest of it), but I look forward to a road trip and some good old fashioned fishing and perhaps a fish fry?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 PM

29 posts, read 33,090 times
lol @ not spike..too cute RB~!
I was just thinking that many of the homeless shelters would welcome some help to look after the properties and that would be a good way to have a temporary home. Churches here have food pantries to help needy families as well. Thankfully my husband and I built our house in 1982 so at least I can sleep at night knowing we still have that much. We have learned how to live on half of what we once had. I work 2 jobs, 7 days a week as an independent contractor now that he is unemployed. He worked for the same company for 27 years until they closed the doors and auctioned the business off. Then to top off his bad luck, we found out he has Parkinson's Disease in July 2010. So those who feel things are bad, remember if you have your health and family you are ahead of the game that much. Complaining never gets you anywhere in life but down in the dumps! Smile and try to have a good evening you all! The EB issue will be resolved. Keep thinking that!

Old 05-19-2011, 05:16 PM

Send me a direct message. We'll make it happen. Got the right gear for the fish fry after the catch.

Quote:
I look forward to it. I haven't been fishing since I did some deep sea fishing in the Phillipines back in 1979, when I caught half a tuna (the shark ate the rest of it), but I look forward to a road trip and some good old fashioned fishing and perhaps a fish fry?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:22 PM

92 posts, read 82,317 times
Quote:
On my end, you can be assured something is coming soon. I am going to wake up all of our locally elected officials early in the morning with a knock on the door and a camera in their face. Weekend or not, we are still suffering, and I would just love to film them having eggs benedict at their government subsidized homes. I'm tired of fighting a losing fight, and quite actually, if they arrest me, well, I get a roof over my head and three meals a day at the government expense. How do you spell Irony?
Chevy Chase is my freind and his brother inlaw in Vegas... I could ask them to help...

Old 05-19-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiwhit View Post
lol @ not spike..too cute RB~!
I was just thinking that many of the homeless shelters would welcome some help to look after the properties and that would be a good way to have a temporary home. Churches here have food pantries to help needy families as well. Thankfully my husband and I built our house in 1982 so at least I can sleep at night knowing we still have that much. We have learned how to live on half of what we once had. I work 2 jobs, 7 days a week as an independent contractor now that he is unemployed. He worked for the same company for 27 years until they closed the doors and auctioned the business off. Then to top off his bad luck, we found out he has Parkinson's Disease in July 2010. So those who feel things are bad, remember if you have your health and family you are ahead of the game that much. Complaining never gets you anywhere in life but down in the dumps! Smile and try to have a good evening you all! The EB issue will be resolved. Keep thinking that!

Even if the EB doesn't pass. It's time for us to take charge of our lives. We just can't sit by and wait for our repesentatives to take off on Thursday to avoid a vote. We need to be proactive. Call them today, tonight, tomorrow, tommorow morning, tomorrow afternoon, tomorrow evening.....be relentless. You have their home numbers, call them and disrupt their weekend plans with their families....they have disrupted our family plans. Give them a piece of their own actions. Let them know how we feel.

They have disrupted our lives...let's give them a taste of their own medicine.

Call them non stop....I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or