U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 04:17 PM

64 posts, read 67,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
i just popped a cold one and will try to relax this weekend with my sweetie. She told me yesterday I have been paranoid for weeks, and I said Yep
Good on you. I still have to mow my yard while the sun is out, and then in a couple of hours, I can have one or two or many cold ones. Drink one for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 04:19 PM

157 posts, read 157,323 times
UPDATED - Berger responds to Gov's 'little-boy games' remark & talks about plan to restore jobless benefits: Gov. Perdue: GOP leaders playing (http://ow.ly/4ZAL1 - broken link) #NCGA

Old 05-20-2011, 04:20 PM

156 posts, read 163,725 times
While trying to deal with all this mess, and not having any extra $...haven't been able to get back to the doctor lately. Sadly, the doctor and pharmacy would be a blessing to me this weekend. Early-onset osteoarthritis, and no pain meds for a week now...SUCKS 2 BE ME!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 04:21 PM

162 posts, read 167,684 times
I am not as optimistic as I was earlier. I received this from Rep Rick Glazier a Democrat. He always answers me.

They are now planning on putting in the Senate budget proposal as a way to force the Governor and the Ds to vote for the budget. Again, they refuse to disconnect the two proposals. It is very very sad. We are going to continue to press for an independent vote all next week. The Senate budget will not even be over to the House for another week or two so this is really pure political gamemanship on their part. Rick

Old 05-20-2011, 04:24 PM

Time to mow....see you guys tomorrow. Keep the faith, I think that everything will work out next week. If not, we can all meet up in the mountains of WNC and we'll start a commune. I have a few acres up there. Free land, tents, fire pit, fresh stream, etc. Put our resources together and feed each other and the children. Remember, the kids eat first.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 PM

157 posts, read 157,323 times
i might need to put a tent on those acres if this mess isn't fixed soon LOL

Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 PM

264 posts, read 320,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
So is this the same ole, same ole. They will leave it in the budget and she will not accept it?
It could be. There have been a few encouraging signs that the Republicans are feeling the pressure, but I don't think we should be premature in anticipating immediate victory.

I know this is hard advice to hear, but let's be patiently (that's the wrong word to use in this situation, but I can't think of a better one right now) optimistic, if that is possible. It could happen any day, but it could also stretch out for additional multiple weeks . . .

Old 05-20-2011, 04:35 PM

29 posts, read 33,108 times
Nonetheless, it will happen when it is time for it to happen and I am hoping that is soon. Next week would be great. A weekend away from wondering what if would be good for us all. Spend time outside and enjoy life best you can. Unless that May 21st prediction occurs then even the poiticians will not have this issue to worry with. Being sarcastic a lil here, btw! Hope that I made someone smile!

Old 05-20-2011, 04:37 PM

249 posts, read 266,387 times
I'm gathering from all the info out there that the GOP will be attaching the EB bill to a budget bill once again. Once that isn't has harsh but nonetheless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
The quote is too vague, it could mean they are willing to separate it, or they are willing to compromise on the budget.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
i might need to put a tent on those acres if this mess isn't fixed soon LOL

If it gets to that point, everyone on this board is welcome. Just bring your tents, sleeping bags, and yourself and your family. If we run out of room on my 3 acres, we'll just consolidate. I have had people up there before, and they've always left it the way they found it. I only have one rule. Kids eat first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or