Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 03:19 PM

118 posts, read 143,322 times

Advertisements

me tooooooooooooooo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 04:02 PM

230 posts, read 275,459 times
This is what your claim status would look like if you are in EB:
Current Status

Benefit Year Start: 07/25/2010
Benefit Year End: 07/23/2011
Claim Status: REGULAR ACTIVE CLAIM
Active Issues: No

Unemployment Insurance (UI)
UI Weekly Benefit Amount: xxx.00
UI Earnings Allowance: xxx.05

Deductible Pension Amount: 0.00
Child Support: No
Child Support Effective:

Child Support Amount: 0.00

Taxes
Federal Tax Withheld: No
Federal Tax Effective:

State Tax Withheld: No
State Tax Effective:

Extended Benefits (EB)
EB Effective Date: 02/06/2011
Eligible for EB: Yes
EB Weekly Benefit Amount: xxx.00
EB Earnings Allowance: xxx.13

Old 05-22-2011, 04:12 PM

44 posts, read 63,772 times
Strapped states trying to trim jobless benefits - Business - Consumer news - msnbc.com

Nothing about NC in the article, but if Perdue doesn't negotiate on the budget we'll continue to run at a deficit & this will happen in NC. I know a lot of people here, like me, need EB but I feel selfish to get EB reinstated without a budget compromise to help ensure that subsequent unemployed will get as many weeks as I've had. Of course they could raise unemployment taxes that business' pay, but that would increase unemployment, although probably by less than 0.5%. What a mess everything is...

Old 05-22-2011, 04:56 PM

264 posts, read 363,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post
Strapped states trying to trim jobless benefits - Business - Consumer news - msnbc.com

Nothing about NC in the article, but if Perdue doesn't negotiate on the budget we'll continue to run at a deficit & this will happen in NC. I know a lot of people here, like me, need EB but I feel selfish to get EB reinstated without a budget compromise to help ensure that subsequent unemployed will get as many weeks as I've had. Of course they could raise unemployment taxes that business' pay, but that would increase unemployment, although probably by less than 0.5%. What a mess everything is...
My understanding of state politics (as opposed to federal politics) is that they can't, they're not allowed, to run a deficit. There may be 1 or 2 states in the U.S. that allow deficit spending, but unless I'm mistaken, the vast majority don't.

On the concern you have about subsequent unemployed people, I totally agree with you. I am shocked at the states that are reducing the number of weeks of unemployment benefits available to the unemployed. Maybe they think the federal government will continue to fund EUC and thereby cover the needs of the unemployed at less cost to the states, I don't know. But either way, I think what the lawmakers are doing is immoral.

A NC budget compromise would not help future unemployed in this state. Quite the contrary. Look closely at any state or federal budget proposed by Republicans. Any cut in spending is almost exactly balanced out by a decrease in corporate and high-income tax rates. It is not about balancing any budget; it is about the transfer of wealth FROM the poor TO the rich.

That last sentence was so important, I'm going to say it again:

It is not about balancing any budget; it is about the transfer of wealth FROM the poor TO the rich.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:35 AM

26 posts, read 31,402 times
Can someone post a link to the facebook page about Reinstating Extended Benefits in NC? I can't find it anymore and I'm not sure if it was deleted? If anyone has any info, please post. Thanks!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 AM

21 posts, read 25,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Can someone post a link to the facebook page about Reinstating Extended Benefits in NC? I can't find it anymore and I'm not sure if it was deleted? If anyone has any info, please post. Thanks!

i tried getting on as well but couldnt find it and all post on my wall concerning the page were gone

Old 05-23-2011, 05:46 AM

169 posts, read 204,343 times
Let's get those calls/emails out this morning!. This could be our last week of fighting.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:47 AM

169 posts, read 204,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Looks like it's been deleted. I'm sure it will re-spawn.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:01 AM

162 posts, read 193,432 times
I'm ready to do my contacting today. I hope all goes well.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 AM

230 posts, read 275,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewnc View Post
i tried getting on as well but couldnt find it and all post on my wall concerning the page were gone

I am not sure if it was good or bad, whatever happened to it.. It seemed to be going offtrack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina