U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:32 AM
 
45 posts, read 47,656 times
Reputation: 20

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
Not much notice, but this is exactly the kind of event called for. Three months without income -- I'm at a loss for words for how seriously wrong, immoral, depraved this refusal of the GOP to submit a clean bill is.

I still say don't give up. Lobby the legislators more than ever. And as somebody suggested a few pages back, maybe we need to take to the streets as they did in Egypt, Libya, Wisconsin.

This is an outrage.
All taking to the streets will do is make you broke and in jail. I followed the whole Wisconsin debacle closely. The gov won and the people lost. That being said 3 state senators are being recalled. They only needed 15,000 votes on the petition and got over 24,000. They still lost their collective barg. rights but at least are getting the satisfaction of having a recall vote. The point I am trying to make is no need on causing yourself more damage enough done already. Accept and move on. As suggested by a lot of people on this board I am changing my attitude towards this. I look at EB as a gift not a right If I get it good if not so be it life will go on albeit living in a tent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:33 AM
 
57 posts, read 61,592 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
I kept quiet about this for a week to see how the republicans would respond to the media pressure. Looks like their comments about working to restore eb was just a smoke screen to get the pressure off their back. Wish my phone was not disconnected and I had 24 hour internet service. I would really put the pressure on these sob's.
[/spoiler]

”At this point there is no specific plan to do anything different from what we’ve done up to this point,” said Sen. Phil Berger (R) Guilford, Rockingham. May 18th.

How does everyone feel now about getting a quick resolve? Just wandering?

Last edited by tcar; 05-24-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:40 AM
 
122 posts, read 145,299 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
Spoiler




”At this point there is no specific plan to do anything different from what we’ve done up to this point,” said Sen. Phil Berger (R) Guilford, Rockingham. May 18th.

How does everyone feel now about getting a quick resolve? Just wandering?
It's not going to happen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:41 AM
 
244 posts, read 280,345 times
Reputation: 35
Gov. Perdue issues statement on Senate budget proposal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:42 AM
 
25 posts, read 26,310 times
Reputation: 16
its funny yet sad for alot of you guys to realize what we "ethnics" have been telling you for years..."the government aint shhhh" anyway there not gonna do anything unless it benifits the rich.....if we where a week away from election i bet it would have passed today...well anyway everyone keep your heads up it will come but only when they need something in return....mean whill my family of 6 cant afford basic needs because theres no job to work in the first place....wellcome to our
"fall of rome"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:45 AM
 
57 posts, read 61,592 times
Reputation: 17
Default Ethnics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningwolf1980 View Post
its funny yet sad for alot of you guys to realize what we "ethnics" have been telling you for years..."the government aint shhhh" anyway there not gonna do anything unless it benifits the rich.....if we where a week away from election i bet it would have passed today...well anyway everyone keep your heads up it will come but only when they need something in return....mean whill my family of 6 cant afford basic needs because theres no job to work in the first place....wellcome to our
"fall of rome"
what do you mean by ethnics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
264 posts, read 277,534 times
Reputation: 38
That's one jackhole in the crowd (Berger). Yes, he may be top jackhole but not all agree with him. Quick resolve... we knew it was a fight from day one or we wouldn't be on this forum or other joints hashing this out. Giving up now...HELL-O NO!!!

We have a senate and house session to get through today... we can reconviene on the B*%^$ and stitch knocking em down then. Until then I'll be finishing an application, emailing my resume, make my calls, sending my emails and trying to not lose my sanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:48 AM
 
169 posts, read 181,310 times
Reputation: 24
Gov. Perdue issues statement on Senate budget proposal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:51 AM
 
25 posts, read 26,310 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
what do you mean by ethnics?
the "non rich"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 11:52 AM
 
264 posts, read 328,763 times
Reputation: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes2theskies View Post
All taking to the streets will do is make you broke and in jail. I followed the whole Wisconsin debacle closely. The gov won and the people lost. That being said 3 state senators are being recalled. They only needed 15,000 votes on the petition and got over 24,000. They still lost their collective barg. rights but at least are getting the satisfaction of having a recall vote. The point I am trying to make is no need on causing yourself more damage enough done already. Accept and move on. As suggested by a lot of people on this board I am changing my attitude towards this. I look at EB as a gift not a right If I get it good if not so be it life will go on albeit living in a tent.
No. No acceptance. The Wisconsin governor is on track to lose his war because of over-reach. If that state's governor won, he has won a small battle; he will not win the war.

The same is true here in NC: The arrogance of the GOP will bring them down. I don't know how the EB benefits will be restored and I don't know when. But we can't give up. We won't give up.

Continue calling and emailing the legislators. Concentrate on the ones sitting on the fence, the Republicans who have voiced concern at how the benefits are being withheld from the unemployed. Some of them are:

North Carolina General Assembly - Representative Carolyn H. Justice (Republican, 2011-2012 Session)

North Carolina General Assembly - Senator Jim Davis (Republican, 2011-2012 Session)

North Carolina General Assembly - Senator Ralph Hise (Republican, 2011-2012 Session)

Anybody else want to add to the list of sympathetic Republicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top