U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 10:08 PM

5 posts, read 5,312 times

Advertisements

I am so scared to get my hopes up. If this doesn't go through, I'll be evicted next week. I'll burn the phones up tomorrow. They have to realize what this is doing to people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 AM

191 posts, read 188,839 times
We have to keep up the pressure. It is more important than ever now that we don't get discouraged. That is what they want.

Last edited by simpleman73; 05-26-2011 at 02:55 AM..

Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 AM

169 posts, read 175,816 times
CONTACT LIST

These people below have the power to reinstate benefits TODAY:

**ALSO look up your local House and Senate representatives here:
North Carolina General Assembly - NCGA - Representation (http://www.ncleg.net/GIS/Representation/Representation.html - broken link)
(they are most likely to respond to you)

Old 05-26-2011, 05:10 AM

26 posts, read 26,894 times
Could someone be so kind as to give me some email addresses I should write to about this? I do not have a home phone so I can't call. But any email addresses of people that might make a difference would be wonderful. Thanks so much!

Old 05-26-2011, 05:11 AM

26 posts, read 26,894 times
Default Sorry, answered my own question below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
CONTACT LIST

These people below have the power to reinstate benefits TODAY:

**ALSO look up your local House and Senate representatives here:
North Carolina General Assembly - NCGA - Representation (http://www.ncleg.net/GIS/Representation/Representation.html - broken link)
(they are most likely to respond to you)

Sorry, I realized you had already answered my question from below. THANK YOU!!!

Old 05-26-2011, 05:57 AM

16 posts, read 14,216 times
The time frame concerns me, senate convenes at 11, house at 1pm. I know they can co-sponsor a bill electronically but can they vote electronically? My fear is that it will pass the house and the senate will dodge this bullet by leaving town.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:59 AM

26 posts, read 27,044 times
Just sent this to the Gov:

Once again, we are at a time where a decision will be placed at your fingertips. IF H439 passes through and is put on your desk for signature, PLEASE sign it. PLEASE. The suffering (the real kind of suffering, that is) has to end for us unemployed at this time.

We don't care about the inner fighting and politics going on b/w you and the GOP. We don't care that you "need a clean bill". And to be honest, H439 is a very nice compromise. There is no reason you shouldn't sign it. It's called compromise, Governor. The ball is in your court. Do the right thing...and believe me, if you do, you will come out looking like the better man, NOT the GOP. I cannot imagine the uproar that will occur if you do not sign it. I cannot imagine the anger - it will be nasty.

People are dying, kids are starving, stress levels are at all time high levels. Trust me, I'm living it. FOCUS - DO THE RIGHT THING.

Thank you.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 AM

244 posts, read 273,175 times
Perdue opposes mixing jobless benefits, budget - State - NewsObserver.com

Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 AM

55 posts, read 57,608 times
yea were dead..............

Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 AM

122 posts, read 141,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeofdisabled View Post
I am so scared to get my hopes up. If this doesn't go through, I'll be evicted next week. I'll burn the phones up tomorrow. They have to realize what this is doing to people.
You have waited to long already.....Due something now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or