U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:21 AM
 
156 posts, read 163,607 times
Reputation: 31

Advertisements

What kind of responses are we all getting this morning from our POLITICIANS? I just can't call them leaders anymore...If we put this on here as well, then we know who's lying and who's just saving face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:26 AM
 
26 posts, read 26,894 times
Reputation: 13
Incredible news. I just received a phone call from Rep Efton Sager. I emailed him less than 10 minutes ago. He said there was a "stand alone" bill being pushed through right now and should be signed and in effect by NEXT WEEK. I said so what about the governor vetoing it? He repeated it was a STAND ALONE bill and there should be no way she would veto it!!!! I couldn't thank him enough. The end is in SIGHT!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 AM
 
230 posts, read 237,513 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Incredible news. I just received a phone call from Rep Efton Sager. I emailed him less than 10 minutes ago. He said there was a "stand alone" bill being pushed through right now and should be signed and in effect by NEXT WEEK. I said so what about the governor vetoing it? He repeated it was a STAND ALONE bill and there should be no way she would veto it!!!! I couldn't thank him enough. The end is in SIGHT!!!!

She will not veto a stand alone bill.. I hope it does not have the kill pill in the other bill, but since the US senate and pres probably will not let the bill to take EB away pass it should not matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Sandhills, NC
59 posts, read 63,820 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
The vast majority of us are with you here stromcloud. Right now there are some whose needs are so great that it is hard to see past the situation and the problems that will arise later. We cant fault them really, most of us would be in the same situation.
I understand and I did not mean to be heartless or unconcerned about those in desperation, I am just so upset that we are being used to hurt others, we simply should not be involved in the the process. The state budget is the politiciansjob to figure out, we should not be included.

Please forgive me if I hurt anyones feelings with my comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:30 AM
 
162 posts, read 167,588 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Incredible news. I just received a phone call from Rep Efton Sager. I emailed him less than 10 minutes ago. He said there was a "stand alone" bill being pushed through right now and should be signed and in effect by NEXT WEEK. I said so what about the governor vetoing it? He repeated it was a STAND ALONE bill and there should be no way she would veto it!!!! I couldn't thank him enough. The end is in SIGHT!!!!

He is a Republican, so what changed their mind? Also why go through the process of attaching it to the budget again, if they are now doing a standalone bill? I hope this is so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:33 AM
 
26 posts, read 26,894 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
He is a Republican, so what changed their mind? Also why go through the process of attaching it to the budget again, if they are now doing a standalone bill? I hope this is so.
Not sure what changed his mind, but those were words were exactly what he said. He said not to worry, we should be in good shape "next week" and that he was sorry it had taken so long...so, something has changed their mind. I'm sure our voices, the heat from the media did a great help. I truly believe he was being sincere. He said it was in process today and would be available next week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 AM
 
122 posts, read 141,551 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Incredible news. I just received a phone call from Rep Efton Sager. I emailed him less than 10 minutes ago. He said there was a "stand alone" bill being pushed through right now and should be signed and in effect by NEXT WEEK. I said so what about the governor vetoing it? He repeated it was a STAND ALONE bill and there should be no way she would veto it!!!! I couldn't thank him enough. The end is in SIGHT!!!!
I will believe it when I see it. I hope so
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 AM
 
45 posts, read 46,293 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Not sure what changed his mind, but those were words were exactly what he said. He said not to worry, we should be in good shape "next week" and that he was sorry it had taken so long...so, something has changed their mind. I'm sure our voices, the heat from the media did a great help. I truly believe he was being sincere. He said it was in process today and would be available next week!

Is there anyway to get more proof about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:37 AM
 
21 posts, read 21,758 times
Reputation: 12
Default not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes2theskies View Post
Is there anyway to get more proof about this?

you sure this guy isnt confused?....looks like he might be in the alzihmers stage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-26-2011, 08:37 AM
 
122 posts, read 141,551 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by williewnc View Post
you sure this guy isnt confused?....looks like he might be in the alzihmers stage

LOL great!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top