U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 08:38 AM

59 posts, read 63,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by darla111 View Post
Incredible news. I just received a phone call from Rep Efton Sager. I emailed him less than 10 minutes ago. He said there was a "stand alone" bill being pushed through right now and should be signed and in effect by NEXT WEEK. I said so what about the governor vetoing it? He repeated it was a STAND ALONE bill and there should be no way she would veto it!!!! I couldn't thank him enough. The end is in SIGHT!!!!
If this happens, it will be such a blessing...A STAND ALONE bill is and has been the answer all along...unfortunately I do not trust them.

Did he say how this finally came to discussion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 AM

156 posts, read 163,607 times
What kind of responses have we had from Sager before? Is he the type to tow the party lines with his responses in the past? Just curious how he's acted before?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:41 AM

45 posts, read 46,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
What kind of responses have we had from Sager before? Is he the type to tow the party lines with his responses in the past? Just curious how he's acted before?
Pretty sad that we have to do political profiling. kinda like criminal minds

Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 AM

59 posts, read 63,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes2theskies View Post
Pretty sad that we have to do political profiling. kinda like criminal minds
Criminal Minds, LOL. You are so right. Sad but True.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:49 AM

230 posts, read 237,513 times
Anyone with the ability to listen to the GA to see what is happening, with the short session if this is indeed going on it would have to be now.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:52 AM

I'm trying to listen to fianance audio, and appropriations audio...don't hear anything yet, just talk of health care. Hopefully this is all behind the scenes, maybe there starting to think about possible reprocussions. I posted greg's post last night about people starting to riot if this doesn't resolve soon. I put it on the FB page about reinstate benefits, got many responses. People are PISSED about this, rightfully so. This whole episode is just heartless and dispicable.

I truly hope this is it, may god bless us all...

Old 05-26-2011, 08:53 AM

@thaylin just open a separate window to listen.

North Carolina General Assembly - Audio Broadcasts

Old 05-26-2011, 08:56 AM

162 posts, read 167,588 times
I emailed Rep Rick Glazier a democrat and this was his response about the standalone that Sager mentioned:
That would be great and we are hopeful that is being done. She will sign and we would pass a stand alone bill in a heartbeat. Rick

I hope that this is true, I will be so grateful.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:00 AM

Sooooo, Glazier hasn't heard about it then...I hope this isn't hearsay...

Old 05-26-2011, 09:05 AM

191 posts, read 188,839 times
Man it is tough enough to be in this situation without work. I, like many of you, have never been unemployed my entire life until the mass layoff my company had. I served honorably in the military, I worked in the tobacco fields as soon as I was old enough,bagged groceries in high school. I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE SAYING WE ARE LAZY!!!!. I know I should just let it run off my back like water, but reading comments like on WRAL an other places gets to me sometimes. HATEMONGERS I tell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or