U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 01:23 PM

118 posts, read 128,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
Ok guys I have an idea, lets make the state feel it. Apply for every state funded benefits package we are eligible for. The increase in numbers of applications alone will be felt all the way to the top.

I did a calculation and if 42000 people had an average of a 3 person home, food stamps alone would cost about 6million
GOOD IDEA!!! LOL BUT IVE ALLREADY APPLIED FOR EVERY THING
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 01:24 PM

43 posts, read 50,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infowanted View Post
I sent the facebook post to Sarah Ovaska at the NC Justice Center. I don't know what district he represents but I would send it to the local media there as well. I know he's been curt with several on this forum before. He should be exposed.

Yes he has! And I posted it on the Kinston Free Press message board, which is the local newspaper. But I don't expect that there will be attention garnered there. I will post it wherever I can.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:25 PM

230 posts, read 244,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
GOOD IDEA!!! LOL BUT IVE ALLREADY APPLIED FOR EVERY THING

What about WIA, emergency electric, daycare

Old 05-26-2011, 01:27 PM

43 posts, read 50,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
Please, ask this lady to give permission for us to blast this to all the media. LaRoque needs to be brought to light with his nasty comments and disrespect.

Working on getting permission now.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:33 PM

249 posts, read 273,748 times
Default I'm ready to blast this EVERYWHERE

As soon as you get her permission, please let me know. We need to send it to all the members of the GA as well.

This man is insane and needs to be held accountable for the way he treats his constituents. Unbelievable!! I'm sure his fellow Republicans will not be happy with the way he is respresenting all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1400 View Post
Working on getting permission now.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM

118 posts, read 128,462 times
Quote:
What about WIA, emergency electric, daycare
No to wia or daycare 4 KIDS BUT ALL OVER 12, yes to electric, food stamps, mortage assit, water bill assit, pet food assist, ( 2 bull dogs each over 90 lbs) Thank god we still have my wifes part time income

Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM

157 posts, read 161,996 times
North Carolina Unemployment Standoff Drags Endlessly

Old 05-26-2011, 01:47 PM

249 posts, read 273,748 times
Default Sources for financial assistance

Here's a good link for some resources if you need assistance through this ordeal. North Carolina Assistance Programs

Quote:
Ok guys I have an idea, lets make the state feel it. Apply for every state funded benefits package we are eligible for. The increase in numbers of applications alone will be felt all the way to the top.

I did a calculation and if 42000 people had an average of a 3 person home, food stamps alone would cost about 6million

Old 05-26-2011, 02:21 PM

244 posts, read 280,485 times
House delays vote on restoring jobless checks

Old 05-26-2011, 02:31 PM

169 posts, read 181,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunit1400 View Post
Below you will find an email exchange between a concerned citizen of Wayne County and her House Representative Stephen Laroque about the extension of unemployment benefits. It will not take you long to see where his allegiance lies. It seems he takes great pleasure talking down to people that he feels are beneath him. I have removed this nice lady's name to avoid any further embarrassment to her.

Unbelievable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or