U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-27-2010, 04:37 PM

656 posts, read 719,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
You actually appear to be in almost the same boat as I am...I'm just one month ahead of you. My benefit year ended Jan 10th...I filed for my 2nd year and qualified for 13 weeks regular UI. If and when I exhaust that in mid-April...I will "hopefully" be able to pull forward where I left off in my first benefit year...which I should also have about 9 weeks remaining of Tier 2.

Quick non related question for you Frrrunkis.
I think i read back some pages ago, that you recieved a re-employment letter when you started your 2nd benefit year. I just recieved the same letter today.
Since you've gone through this process, what should I expect and do I need to take my job search record ect.....? The letter makes it sound like I'll be going back again and again with a one on one with a rep helping me in my job search ect.....??
(Thanks)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 04:41 PM

1,149 posts, read 2,403,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
JDL JR

question??????

If congress does pass something after the weekend (which ALL major news sites seem to believe they will)

will it then cover those who lose out over the weekend????

I mean--- the people that are in the few days gap... will they still be covered AFTER the new bill does pass????

I think its a given that something will indeed pass... most likely AFTER the new month, but will it cover those in the missed days too?
I have no information on what will happen now that we're upon the phase-out date. When and if I hear something, I'll pass it along (and chances are it'll be in the news so you'd hear something too).

Old 02-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Quick non related question for you Frrrunkis.
I think i read back some pages ago, that you recieved a re-employment letter when you started your 2nd benefit year. I just recieved the same letter today.
Since you've gone through this process, what should I expect and do I need to take my job search record ect.....? The letter makes it sound like I'll be going back again and again with a one on one with a rep helping me in my job search ect.....??
(Thanks)
Each office runs their Re-Employment Services (RES) program a little different, but as far as the worksearch record, no, you don't need to take it with you.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Each office runs their Re-Employment Services (RES) program a little different, but as far as the worksearch record, no, you don't need to take it with you.

Ok, thanks jdljr !
I actually hope this is program is run well and will benefit me.
I feel I have a good resume., however as a middle aged woman with limited job experience in different fields, I'm open to almost anything that will be of help at this date and time.
So, I won't be taking my work search records and resume,ok.

Many thanks

Old 02-27-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Ok, thanks jdljr !
I actually hope this is program is run well and will benefit me.
I feel I have a good resume., however as a middle aged woman with limited job experience in different fields, I'm open to almost anything that will be of help at this date and time.
So, I won't be taking my work search records and resume,ok.

Many thanks
In our office we do offer the resume writing seminar and interviewing techniques seminar, developed for the RES program when it was established last summer. We have participants come back to the seminar on a scheduled day if they wish. I know Frunkis actually had the resume seminar the same day as his orientation (very odd, but again, probably no two offices do things the exact same way).

The program is not meant to be a miracle and won't guarantee you'll find a job. Everyone's situation is different and some may benefit from the program more than others. But it's yet another means of assisting people with more intensive and comprehensive services to (perhaps) better position folks for getting back into the workforce.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:36 PM

11 posts, read 23,061 times
Smile 2nd Tier EUC Benefits

I was permanently laid off from my job (at a company I had worked at for 30 years) in December 2008. I collected unemployment for a year and my benefit year ended Jan. 2, 2010. I re-applied and qualified for another benefit year, and I am now eligible for 26 weeks of additional unemployment which will end in June 2010. I am nearing the end of my 2nd month of drawing benefits in this benefit year (26 week period).

Today I received a letter from Raleigh dated 2/18/2010 which has this heading at the top: Monetary Determination, Second Tier EUC. It reads: You are monetarily eligible for 2nd Tier EUC benefits as follows: REVISION
Maximum Benefit Amount: $6,916; Weekly Benefit Amount: $494;
Earnings Allowance: $151.66

My questions are: Does this letter mean that I am already being advised that I can draw for an additional 14 weeks ($6,916 divided by $494 equals 14 weeks)? And is this 14 weeks in addition to the 26 weeks that I already know I am eligible for? If so, then I am assuming this means that I can draw for 40 weeks in 2010 (26 + 14 additional)???? I just don't understand why I am already being advised of this without first applying for the 2nd Tier EUC (after my 26 weeks are up in June)?? Don't get me wrong--if I'm understanding this correctly, this is a good thing...but I just want to be sure that I'm understading it correctly.

And one last question: If what I've understood is correct (that I am now eligible for 40 weeks in 2010), then do you think this is probably "the end" for me or do you think there's any chance of any additional benefits?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:05 PM

615 posts, read 1,117,650 times
Default Here's how to contact Jim Bunning

If you want to express your frustration (anger?) at Ky Senator Jim Bunning's grandstanding over the extension of unemployment benefits, you can fax his office in DC. Letters aren't the way to go, by the time they clear security, etc., it'll be over. You can't use his web form unless you're a Ky constituent.

I know - what good will it do? Who knows? I faxed him and the Minority Whip Senator Kyl (Arizona) with a very angry (and somewhat salty) letter. Basically I said if his decisions only affected his peeps in Kentucky, well, they were stupid enough to elect him - but, his despicable behavior is affecting millions of Americans who are counting on unemployment to just barely keep a roof over their heads.

I used the web form today for my 2 NC senators - Kay Hagan and Burr - and suggested to Kay she get her a*% in gear and find a way to put pressure on Bunning.

Anyway - maybe a zillion faxes to your senators, Bunning, the Minority Whip, and whoever else you can think of - might add up.

Bunning's fax #: 2022281373
Jon Kyl's fax # is: 2022242207

What a circus!

Old 02-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catco View Post
I was permanently laid off from my job (at a company I had worked at for 30 years) in December 2008. I collected unemployment for a year and my benefit year ended Jan. 2, 2010. I re-applied and qualified for another benefit year, and I am now eligible for 26 weeks of additional unemployment which will end in June 2010. I am nearing the end of my 2nd month of drawing benefits in this benefit year (26 week period).

Today I received a letter from Raleigh dated 2/18/2010 which has this heading at the top: Monetary Determination, Second Tier EUC. It reads: You are monetarily eligible for 2nd Tier EUC benefits as follows: REVISION
Maximum Benefit Amount: $6,916; Weekly Benefit Amount: $494;
Earnings Allowance: $151.66

My questions are: Does this letter mean that I am already being advised that I can draw for an additional 14 weeks ($6,916 divided by $494 equals 14 weeks)? And is this 14 weeks in addition to the 26 weeks that I already know I am eligible for? If so, then I am assuming this means that I can draw for 40 weeks in 2010 (26 + 14 additional)???? I just don't understand why I am already being advised of this without first applying for the 2nd Tier EUC (after my 26 weeks are up in June)?? Don't get me wrong--if I'm understanding this correctly, this is a good thing...but I just want to be sure that I'm understading it correctly.

And one last question: If what I've understood is correct (that I am now eligible for 40 weeks in 2010), then do you think this is probably "the end" for me or do you think there's any chance of any additional benefits?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Jdljr can explain this possibly better than i can. However I will tell you that we all got those letters.
NO matter if you've collected all of your 2nd tier or are in your 1st benefit or 2nd benefit year. When the additional week was added to everyones tier 2 the NCESC computers system sent the letters out to everyone.
I suppose it's they're way of saving time on deciding who gets letters or not. Anyway, the revised amount will have your extra week added on that. Not sure if you will get an extra week if and when you get to tier 2 in your new benefit year , but after your original 26 weeks of UI ends in June they will send you a letter to let you know if you qualify for extensions tier one, then 2 ect..... If you don't qualify then you may get your unused extension money from benefit year one pulled forward with that extra week of money added in.
So long story short the letter is in no way giving you an additonal 14 weeks added to your UI, you still have to qualify for the following tiers after your 26 weeks are up.
Confusing, I know

Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Jdljr can explain this possibly better than i can. However I will tell you that we all got those letters.
NO matter if you've collected all of your 2nd tier or are in your 1st benefit or 2nd benefit year. When the additional week was added to everyones tier 2 the NCESC computers system sent the letters out to everyone.
I suppose it's they're way of saving time on deciding who gets letters or not. Anyway, the revised amount will have your extra week added on that. Not sure if you will get an extra week if and when you get to tier 2 in your new benefit year , but after your original 26 weeks of UI ends in June they will send you a letter to let you know if you qualify for extensions tier one, then 2 ect..... If you don't qualify then you may get your unused extension money from benefit year one pulled forward with that extra week of money added in.
So long story short the letter is in no way giving you an additonal 14 weeks added to your UI, you still have to qualify for the following tiers after your 26 weeks are up.
Confusing, I know
Oops forgot to add that a few pages back , some other forum members wrote and asked about recieving the tier 2"revision" letters .
There may be something in those posts that can help you.
Goodluck

Old 02-27-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
If you want to express your frustration (anger?) at Ky Senator Jim Bunning's grandstanding over the extension of unemployment benefits, you can fax his office in DC. Letters aren't the way to go, by the time they clear security, etc., it'll be over. You can't use his web form unless you're a Ky constituent.

I know - what good will it do? Who knows? I faxed him and the Minority Whip Senator Kyl (Arizona) with a very angry (and somewhat salty) letter. Basically I said if his decisions only affected his peeps in Kentucky, well, they were stupid enough to elect him - but, his despicable behavior is affecting millions of Americans who are counting on unemployment to just barely keep a roof over their heads.

I used the web form today for my 2 NC senators - Kay Hagan and Burr - and suggested to Kay she get her a*% in gear and find a way to put pressure on Bunning.

Anyway - maybe a zillion faxes to your senators, Bunning, the Minority Whip, and whoever else you can think of - might add up.

Bunning's fax #: 2022281373
Jon Kyl's fax # is: 2022242207

What a circus!
(((THANKS))) for the fax #'s, they'll be used right away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina