U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-27-2011, 03:55 PM
 
55 posts, read 54,697 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg69innc View Post
I would love to see an unemployed person run against these republicans in 2012. I am considering on trying...it would be interesting I do believe that.

You got my vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM
 
12 posts, read 11,894 times
Reputation: 11
Thank all of you on this board for giving me something to feel as though I have some meaning in all of this.I have been reading and watching like so many here for days.I have refrained from posting any opinion mostly due to embarassment that I find myself in this mess.I never thought it could happen to me.
The things I now see being done and said by elected officials make it hard to be silent any longer.Case in point....the $8.00 per hour lady.This lady was obviously used as a political pawn in order to gain personal and political points for a misguided politican.I apologize to her on behalf of all REAL MEN.
Now I have a couple of questions
1. I keep seeing articles stating that this emergency extension is for people already exhausting 79 weeks?I haven't gotten any where that number.
2. I was told last year that I had been overpaid by $1400.00 and they took it all back which was fine but then they announced they were not taking it back from anyone so I called them and was told they were sending me back the $1500.00 they didn't send anything.After three months I called them again and was told they were not sending any money back? Anyone else have anything like that happen?I am grateful for all I get so I'm just asking.Sorry about the long post but I haven't had anywhere else to vent.Thanks,Randy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM
 
16 posts, read 13,394 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
All you men and women who served our country might want to comment on Tillis' video below...
They blocked all comments. Just like Phil blocks my emails
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:08 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
264 posts, read 253,947 times
Reputation: 38
Ok guys, I've got to put this out here. Please look at the comments from a Eric Dondero, Publisher, LibertarianRepublican.net. Please voice your opinions and stand up against comments and media outlets such as this.

http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2011/05/27/gop-legislator-pays-jobless-worker-8-for-yard-work-chides-her-in-email/#comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:15 PM
 
16 posts, read 14,383 times
Reputation: 11
Did you guys see the letter Perdue released today? ............

http://www.sgrtoday.com/files/Docume...-11-Budget.pdf

She didn't even mentioned the 45K plus people awaiting a solution to this debacle. Why Not??

Seems like she is offering an olive branch at the end of the letter to the Republicans who in turn will use this to say at least they tried and blame it all on Perdue and then the cycle repeats itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
264 posts, read 253,947 times
Reputation: 38
Ms. Treadway, please consider seeking legal advice for defamation of carachter against this arrogant person and his publication. I'm sure an attorney would take it pro bono while seeking punitive damages on your behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Ok guys, I've got to put this out here. Please look at the comments from a Eric Dondero, Publisher, LibertarianRepublican.net. Please voice your opinions and stand up against comments and media outlets such as this.

http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2011/05/27/gop-legislator-pays-jobless-worker-8-for-yard-work-chides-her-in-email/#comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:32 PM
 
157 posts, read 148,701 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Ms. Treadway, please consider seeking legal advice for defamation of carachter against this arrogant person and his publication. I'm sure an attorney would take it pro bono while seeking punitive damages on your behalf.

I sent the POS a "nice" email and let him know what I thought of him. Also tweeted the info to the world.

Here is our plight in a comic The Voter Update | Drawing on the News - N.C. Jobless Left Hanging
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:39 PM
 
230 posts, read 223,630 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Ms. Treadway, please consider seeking legal advice for defamation of carachter against this arrogant person and his publication. I'm sure an attorney would take it pro bono while seeking punitive damages on your behalf.

Sole, that would be very difficult. NCpolicy watch does not have a sign in system, anyone can post a comment as someone else.. unless they capture IPs on posts he could just say it was not him and a court would have take him at his word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Eastern NC
264 posts, read 253,947 times
Reputation: 38
Did you not notice that the individual that commented gave his name and the name of the publication he represents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
Sole, that would be very difficult. NCpolicy watch does not have a sign in system, anyone can post a comment as someone else.. unless they capture IPs on posts he could just say it was not him and a court would have take him at his word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-27-2011, 04:45 PM
 
230 posts, read 223,630 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
Did you not notice that the individual that commented gave his name and the name of the publication he represents?

I saw that, but I can put in that same name, and the website link and anything I said would appear to come from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top