U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
 
191 posts, read 194,275 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post
The latest budget compromise appears to have a veto-proof majority in House.

House Democrats help negotiate veto-proof budget compromise (http://www.sgrtoday.com/blog/sixteen-west/612-house-democrats-help-negotiate-veto-proof-budget-compromise.html - broken link)
The Govdidn't want to lose the teacher assistants and now they are going to keep most if not all of them. She needs to step up and compromise and get the ball rolling for these benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:46 AM
 
244 posts, read 279,880 times
Reputation: 35
Tillis, Berger schedule 1 p.m. Press Conference to make a budget announcement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:48 AM
 
249 posts, read 273,095 times
Reputation: 39
Just got an email from Rep. Brawley's office that the "they passed the bill out of committee." I don't know which bill as I've left a vm and an email to the person who told me that to clarify. But, the email was in response to my previous email which said, "Rep. Stagler just told someone that there's a stand alone bill for EB that's going to be passed this week. Can Rep. Brawley verify that?"

I will post as soon as I get the answer. Either way, it's good news so I wanted to share asap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
 
162 posts, read 172,117 times
Reputation: 21
He still avoids the question of why it has to stay in the budget?

As far as hiding behind the press, all my emails have my name on it. How many people can afford to go to his meeting when they can't afford to use the gas. He is so out of touch with his voters, they all are. I pray this is concluded and we are able to catch up on our bills soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 AM
 
162 posts, read 172,117 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
Just got an email from Rep. Brawley's office that the "they passed the bill out of committee." I don't know which bill as I've left a vm and an email to the person who told me that to clarify. But, the email was in response to my previous email which said, "Rep. Stagler just told someone that there's a stand alone bill for EB that's going to be passed this week. Can Rep. Brawley verify that?"

I will post as soon as I get the answer. Either way, it's good news so I wanted to share asap.

Holwager, may I use your response from Rep Brawley in my email to Rep Glazier? He usually will keep me up to date on what he knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:52 AM
 
169 posts, read 180,961 times
Reputation: 24
Just spoke to Tillis' office and the assistant states that EB would approved by the end of the week.

Couldn't answer how.

I suggest calling his office and pressing their hand.

Thom Tillis: 919-733-3451 Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:54 AM
 
244 posts, read 279,880 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
She needs to step up and compromise and get the ball rolling for these benefits.

Five House Dems have agreed to the budget deal meaning the House and Senate could pass the bill this week and the Governor would be irrelevant at his point. Hence the press conference at 1:00.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Kinston, NC
43 posts, read 50,250 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
He still avoids the question of why it has to stay in the budget?

As far as hiding behind the press, all my emails have my name on it. How many people can afford to go to his meeting when they can't afford to use the gas. He is so out of touch with his voters, they all are. I pray this is concluded and we are able to catch up on our bills soon.


He was referring to using the Free Press comment section that we've been communicating on. Of course, he doesn't use his name, but uses the screen name "goodneighbors".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 AM
 
249 posts, read 273,095 times
Reputation: 39
Default Sure!

Go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
Holwager, may I use your response from Rep Brawley in my email to Rep Glazier? He usually will keep me up to date on what he knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 AM
 
191 posts, read 194,275 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
He still avoids the question of why it has to stay in the budget?

As far as hiding behind the press, all my emails have my name on it. How many people can afford to go to his meeting when they can't afford to use the gas. He is so out of touch with his voters, they all are. I pray this is concluded and we are able to catch up on our bills soon.
Exactly, If it weren't for my parents and my brother, I wouldn't have the means to just go to the store and get toilet paper. I hope this is passed soon, the bill man is at the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:30 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top