U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 AM

249 posts, read 273,068 times

Advertisements

It shouldn't go past the benefit year for those who weren't on EB by April 16th because of the math. But, the devastating part will be the lost weeks and the huge hole people have been placed in by being behind on bills, etc. If there's no retro, it's going to be very difficult.

I can't imagine that there won't be retro. Some have gone 6 weeks with no EB payments. If it isn't already set to go retro, we will just have to take a stance to make sure it is.

First things first though, if we don't get this bill passed, then there's no point to worry about retro payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
Something is happening,which is wonderful. I wonder also if there will be retro pay for those no on EB as of pil 16th. I am sure you can't go past your second benefit year, and if they started from when the bill passed, wouldn't that maybe go past that point for some?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 10:00 AM

108 posts, read 145,670 times
If and when EB kicks back on, remember that it will only be putting a band-aid on the situation. 20 weeks of checks is not a long period. And with retro payments it would be around 12 weeks of payments left for many. Many on here have fought VERY hard to help get EB restored. Well, everyone better put forth that kind of effort in finding employment in the short weeks that follow. Because once it runs out that is it.

If we put forth the same kind of effort that was done to help restore EB then we should all find some kind of job lickity split!

Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM

244 posts, read 279,860 times

YouTube - ‪Rep. Ray Rapp on the GOP's failure to approve extended jobless benefits‬‏

Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 AM

162 posts, read 172,103 times
This the most I have been hopeful. If it happens before July, I can catch up and will feel better.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM

169 posts, read 180,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
This the most I have been hopeful. If it happens before July, I can catch up and will feel better.
I'm very hopeful. The Tillis office is now saying that the EB bill in the works will be "veto proof"

Thom Tillis: 919-733-3451

I've already lost everything and living with a friend but the there's hope on the horizon with a potential job starting on June 15th and retro payments would help me start over.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:53 AM

118 posts, read 128,207 times
Default Help

Please clear up somthing for me, I would have went on eb on april 30th... so i have been without payment for 5 weeks as of today. I was told by the esc not to file anylonger after my last week of april 23. They told me that if it was reinstated, letters would be sent to everyone who was eligable for eb as of april 16th when the payment stopped. So, when it restarted, will I get retro or will the 20 weeks just start then ADVISE PLEASE

Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 AM

Default That's the big question

No one has given a definitive answer to this. Your best bet is to contact the ESC and your local representatives and try to get an answer. If you hear anything, please share on this forum.

I'm doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
Please clear up somthing for me, I would have went on eb on april 30th... so i have been without payment for 5 weeks as of today. I was told by the esc not to file anylonger after my last week of april 23. They told me that if it was reinstated, letters would be sent to everyone who was eligable for eb as of april 16th when the payment stopped. So, when it restarted, will I get retro or will the 20 weeks just start then ADVISE PLEASE

Old 05-31-2011, 11:05 AM

162 posts, read 172,103 times
lw2011,

We were told to keep filing. I was on EB two weeks before it ended, but a friend was on after and she was told to keep filing.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 AM

264 posts, read 277,065 times
You and I both might better read H439 and pg 18 from new budget re the # of weeks. Unless I've lost my mind I'm reading 12 wks extension. I'm juggling hald dozen things here on this so if someone would look into this that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
If and when EB kicks back on, remember that it will only be putting a band-aid on the situation. 20 weeks of checks is not a long period. And with retro payments it would be around 12 weeks of payments left for many. Many on here have fought VERY hard to help get EB restored. Well, everyone better put forth that kind of effort in finding employment in the short weeks that follow. Because once it runs out that is it.

If we put forth the same kind of effort that was done to help restore EB then we should all find some kind of job lickity split!

Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 AM

Default Ironically, I JUST received this email from the ESC...

This is in response to my asking if the payments will be retroactive for EVERYONE:

"Since a bill hasn't been passed it's hard to answer. We're hoping that the General Assembly and Governor will reinstate EB, and we're hoping it will include back pay, but we don't know how it will all work out at this time."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or