U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 09:21 PM

162 posts, read 172,659 times

Advertisements

Well I hope this is not true and I will take a wait and see with this. I choose to believe we will get EB within the next two weeks. I have to keep believing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:26 PM

157 posts, read 162,134 times
It seems to me (in my lawyer-less mind) that we will be in good shape once the trigger is moved from 110% to 120% as the feds invited states to do. In that respect, EB should never have triggered off. I may very well be wrong but that's my .02 worth :-)

Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 PM

191 posts, read 194,880 times
This refers to
FEDERAL-STATE EXTENDED UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION ACT OF 1970
The three year look back is a different ball game as stated in The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (sec 502)

Old 05-31-2011, 09:30 PM

92 posts, read 84,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
Well I hope this is not true and I will take a wait and see with this. I choose to believe we will get EB within the next two weeks. I have to keep believing that.
If I am wrong I will stand up to it. Like NOT that some people do..THIS WHOLE ORDEAL HAS TAUGHT ME ALOT AND I know in the future were my playing field lays....DO NOT TRUST THEM....

Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 PM

108 posts, read 146,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designnewz View Post
If I am wrong I will stand up to it. Like NOT that some people do..THIS WHOLE ORDEAL HAS TAUGHT ME ALOT AND I know in the future were my playing field lays....DO NOT TRUST THEM....
We should all be like Fox Mulder and "trust no one".

Old 05-31-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
This refers to
FEDERAL-STATE EXTENDED UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION ACT OF 1970
The three year look back is a different ball game as stated in The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (sec 502)
I posted that to give an idea how much was owed to the feds from North Carolina as of May of this year for there own program I see the neighbor below us is not even at a billion dollars yet. Tring to see if they do not use the eb funds it is possible for them to use the money that is not used in the EB fund to pay down there bill. There is that talk to do that states that do not use get to use. Thats why there is such a charade...

Old 05-31-2011, 09:41 PM

25 posts, read 26,349 times
every week we talk about the same thing.....how it'll be "next week" face the fact there not giving squat till they absolutly have too....not a second sooner...they dont care our kids are starving....its june all ready...you think they care if we wait till july? august? hell they could careless if we get it at all

Old 05-31-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
It seems to me (in my lawyer-less mind) that we will be in good shape once the trigger is moved from 110% to 120% as the feds invited states to do. In that respect, EB should never have triggered off. I may very well be wrong but that's my .02 worth :-)

Retro if we are lucky..

Old 05-31-2011, 10:18 PM

264 posts, read 329,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
First of all my friend, I have an honor roll student of 3 yrs running at coltrane webb ele in concord. Second I and my wife servered as proctors during the state of nc eog testing. Third,the revised budget, would save alot of schools in my aera from being redistricted.

And as for how it should have went down, the gov (miss sweet perdue) iyo,, should have stepped up 5 weeks ago and said what the he.. she would accept or just shut up. I nstead she,s spent the last 5 weeks wondering around every corner of nc taking credit for every job that was created. And her solution, SEND ME A CLEAN BILL.... THATS IT NO PROACTIVE RESPONCE TO GET IT

BTW MY SON HAS AND ALL STAR GAME SATURDAY AT GIBSON FEILD IN CONCORD AT 9.00 AM IF YOU WOULD CARE TO TALK MORE ABOUT IT.
She did say more than 5 weeks ago what she would accept: a clean bill. What is so hard to understand about that?

My whole point about this is I didn't want the EBers to get the benefits they were entitled to at the expense of hurting Education, Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc. It would be like exchanging one group of 45,000 hostages for an even larger group of hostages.

I notice you still gave no specific solutions. Just the same general, fuzzy talk that gets us nowhere. I am so tired of the vague language that says nothing.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 PM

264 posts, read 329,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unemployedjoe View Post
I am told that the Governor does have the power to call "mandatory" meetings, and that this was a regular practice of Jim Hunt, by my elders who were present and keeping up with State politics during his tenure. However, I personally do not know what "powers" the Governor has nor what limitations are in place, it is also possible that they have been changed since Jim Hunt.
If she does have the power to call mandatory meetings, does she have the power to hold them there until they offer her a clean bill? The Republicans are gonna do what the Republicans want to do. The Governor is not responsible for their actions, only her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or