U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 07:46 AM

169 posts, read 180,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by revitup View Post
Does anyone know where to find the May unemployment numbers for NC?Just curious.
This is the ESC publication: http://www.ncesc1.com/PMI/Rates/Pres...ountyRates.pdf

The DOL has even more figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 07:47 AM

244 posts, read 279,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revitup View Post
Does anyone know where to find the May unemployment numbers for NC?Just curious.
NC rates for May will not be released until later this month.

U.S. unemployment edges up to 9.1% | Charlotte Business Journal

Old 06-03-2011, 07:48 AM

249 posts, read 273,068 times
No, you can not file if you were not on EB before it was cut off April 16th. You will get a message saying your benefits are exhausted and you can't file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
From what I understand you can still file, it just gives you an error after you do so.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 AM

92 posts, read 84,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjamomrox View Post
Here is something that is unusual to me...A lot of you are saying that if you weren't on EB when it ended on April 16 that you can't file; the system will say all benefits are exxhausted or whatever other message you get. Well, I was not on EB on 04/16, my last check form Tier 4 was week ending 05/07, I have not had any trouble filing. When I go into my weekly certification, answer the questions and hit submit I still get the "You claim has been accepcted and is being processed" message. Has this happened to anyone else?
Your one of the Lucky ones..

Old 06-03-2011, 07:50 AM

12 posts, read 12,923 times
That's a problem I would like to have right now!

Old 06-03-2011, 07:52 AM

Default Odd

That's an odd exception. What does your profile on the ESC website say?

Quote:
Here is something that is unusual to me...A lot of you are saying that if you weren't on EB when it ended on April 16 that you can't file; the system will say all benefits are exxhausted or whatever other message you get. Well, I was not on EB on 04/16, my last check form Tier 4 was week ending 05/07, I have not had any trouble filing. When I go into my weekly certification, answer the questions and hit submit I still get the "You claim has been accepcted and is being processed" message. Has this happened to anyone else?

Old 06-03-2011, 07:56 AM

Does anyone know what type of system NCESC uses? The TN article mentioned a Legacy mainframe system that would hold up the payments due to necessary manual programming.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:02 AM

191 posts, read 194,254 times
Quote:
I get the same thing too

Old 06-03-2011, 08:02 AM

169 posts, read 180,941 times
I just spoke to Larry Parker (Acting PIO Director) of the NC ESC and quoted the delays of the TN ESC and asked him if he expected any delays in the NC ESC system. He said it would hard to ascetain any delays because the ESC will have to "reach out" to these people and find out what they've been doing for the last 7 weeks. I then asked him about the people already approved and on EB and he stated that these people would have to be contacted as well.

It sounds like everyone needs to have all your paperwork up to date and ready to call or go to the ESC office.

Old 06-03-2011, 08:06 AM

118 posts, read 128,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
From what I understand you can still file, it just gives you an error after you do so.
I spoke to a claims supervisor last week ( posted the info at the time) and she told me if you file, and get the message benefits ex,,,, then the system holds no record of you fileing that week. She also told me that if you were not on eb as of april 16 , their was no reason to file. You will have to come into the office when its reistated and reopen your claim to get on the eb. So the 13,000+ ARE NOT COUNTED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or