U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM

162 posts, read 182,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnow View Post
Man there's some drama going down today!
now with audio About those microphones -- Today's Republican caucus : News-Record.com : Greensboro & the Triad's most trusted source for local news and analysis (http://www.news-record.com/blog/53964/entry/119625 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 11:22 AM

191 posts, read 188,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBolin View Post
This is great news,no doubt about that-
but if our Governor thinks this last minute save
-which she only did to keep republicans from getting credit-
will restore her credibility,she's sorely mistaken.
Thank you Governor for keeping us pawns safe.
I am glad we are seeing this issue come to an end, but you are right. She knows that budget is going to pass no matter what, and to be precieved in a good light, she did this. BACKFIRE!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 AM

157 posts, read 157,254 times
GOP plan of attack on unemployment benefits | newsobserver.com projects (http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/gop_plan_of_attack_on_unemployment_benefits - broken link)

Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 AM

264 posts, read 269,771 times
With the leak of audio from the caucus mtg, they possibly could lose the vote of the fab 5 on budget so the exec order could be our fastest means now for EB to come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
I am glad we are seeing this issue come to an end, but you are right. She knows that budget is going to pass no matter what, and to be precieved in a good light, she did this. BACKFIRE!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:27 AM

45 posts, read 46,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledps View Post
GOP plan of attack on unemployment benefits | newsobserver.com projects (http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/gop_plan_of_attack_on_unemployment_benefits - broken link)

You have got to be kidding me! These people are amazing you can't make this stuff up. The EVIL unemployed are getting payed oh my God

Old 06-03-2011, 11:30 AM

8,219 posts, read 11,248,855 times
Perdue order extends unemployment benefits | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/06/03/2347505/perdue-order-extends-unemployment.html - broken link)

Old 06-03-2011, 11:30 AM

118 posts, read 125,011 times
Default advise please

The eb that was in the repubs bill was retropay for EVERYONE even those who were not on eb as of april 16,,,,, so will that still apply?????

Old 06-03-2011, 11:31 AM

230 posts, read 237,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post

I disagree. A lot of people here and on other sites are taking a simplic approach to looking at this, probably because of their party affiliation, however I see it more complex.

By removing the need for the UI to be in the budget it takes some of the preasure off the 5 dems helping to override a veto to back off that promiss, which gives her more power. UI was one of the major reasons for them jumping ships, now it will be a lot harder for them.

As for why now. To be honest she may have been able to do it all along, but it is possible she did not know she could. She would not want to jump to do something without researching if it was allowed or not.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 AM

191 posts, read 188,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleprovider51 View Post
With the leak of audio from the caucus mtg, they possibly could lose the vote of the fab 5 on budget so the exec order could be our fastest means now for EB to come down.
Yep they goofed up big time

Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 AM

230 posts, read 237,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Perdue order extends unemployment benefits | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/06/03/2347505/perdue-order-extends-unemployment.html - broken link)
[LEFT]"I don't know if she just figured out she could do that," said Shaw. "I'm shocked that it took three months."

Wait, the pubs said they did not know about it till the week of, that was 7 weeks ago, now they say 3 months?
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or