U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-03-2011, 01:38 PM

249 posts, read 171,774 times
Bev Perdue Issues Executive Order To Restore Unemployment Benefits In North Carolina

Tillis hints that the Republicans may try to interfere with the EO...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 01:41 PM

26 posts, read 17,348 times
Lady at Goldsboro NC said we should have checks by next week....and I even have to go thru a bit of red tape (my benefit year ended 05/21 so technically I have to in and get certified another year, and she said I still had a week of tier 4 for some reason that had not shown up and she wanted to make sure I got that week.) so , even with that. She said we should be looking to getting checks this coming week. THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:42 PM

162 posts, read 106,279 times
If Tillis and the Republicans interfere with this, I just would be speechless.

To me I can't see a reason for her to sit on this EO, she would have looked like a hero if she did this after the first veto. Remember Nesbitt said in a press conference that he tried to look into something and couldn't find anything. All I care is that we will be able to pay our bills again and give us that cushion while we are looking for employment.

773 posts, read 1,047,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
honestly what dose it matter????????? WE ALL HAVE BEEN HELD HOSTAGE IN THIS AND AT THIS POINT THEIRS PLENTY OF BLAME FOR BOTH SIDES TO SHARE
Exactly. I just can't understand why some can't spread the blame around, that's all. This would not have been an issue had Perdue been proactive on the executive order right from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin
Again dude, read, I stated we cant see what happened. All you can do is assume. Even if she thought she could of it still makes sense to ensure she can. I am not saying it took her 7 weeks. It could have been 3 weeks of argueing before she decided to check into it, since the pubs were not budging. I am not saying it does not put her on the same level, I am saying it is easier to see their problems, because hers, if there, is hidden.
And all I'm saying is that, she's the Governor. She should know her options early. And if she doesn't, she should be asking questions immediately to find out if it's possible to go the executive order route. And for her to do it right before the big veto-proof vote...well, that's just a huge coincidence, if you ask me. I think the writing is on the wall.

156 posts, read 103,381 times
still looking....

249 posts, read 171,774 times
Default Not sure the Republicans think they can stop Perdue

[LEFT]Perdue says the state doesn't pay the benefits so she has the power to extend them as North Carolina's chief executive.
Republican House Speaker Thom Tillis said in a statement through his spokesman that if Perdue does have the authority to issue such an order, she could have done it weeks ago.

Read more: NC Gov Perdue signs order on unemployment benefits Ventura County Star
- vcstar.com
[/LEFT]

Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 PM

156 posts, read 103,381 times
Has anyone asked there esc if it would be a paper check for the lumpsum, or go the way it was setup before? I actually changed my payment status the week this happened from my checking to their debit card. Never got anything since all this happened. I guess a little more waiting for me now..

Old 06-03-2011, 01:47 PM

122 posts, read 93,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
Has anyone asked there esc if it would be a paper check for the lumpsum, or go the way it was setup before? I actually changed my payment status the week this happened from my checking to their debit card. Never got anything since all this happened. I guess a little more waiting for me now..
I hope it goes direct deposit if you were signed up for it!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:49 PM

264 posts, read 218,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
Bev Perdue Issues Executive Order To Restore Unemployment Benefits In North Carolina

Well, if the ESC can process the payments before the Repubs have time . . .

Come on, ESC, do you really need to sleep this weekend?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:49 PM

162 posts, read 116,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post

By passing the budget. That was his answer to if they would contest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina