U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-03-2011, 03:36 PM

162 posts, read 107,243 times
73 aye 44 nays on H200
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-03-2011, 03:37 PM

157 posts, read 92,351 times
Josh_Ellis Josh Ellis

House gives initial approval to $19.7 billion budget: 73-44. Looks like 5 Dems stuck with GOP. Final vote after midnight #NCGA

Unread 06-03-2011, 03:43 PM

249 posts, read 159,715 times
Default It might get interesting

If Perdue vetoes, it will be interesting if the 5 Dem votes remain. The live mic incident and Perdues EO may have just turned the tables just enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCEB View Post
73 aye 44 nays on H200

Unread 06-03-2011, 03:46 PM

770 posts, read 979,072 times
And I was so hoping this thread would hit 1,000 pages quickly...now it's probably going to take forever!

But it is good news today...on a day when there really is very little for the unemployed to get excited about (reference to 54K jobs added in May, half of which are apparently McDonalds ).

This is really ample time to use Sunny's stickied "companies hiring" thread as a good resource now and in the future. If any of you stumble upon companies that are hiring...even if it's not a good match for you personally...don't just toss it aside. Post it in that thread. It may mean something to someone else. Not alot of companies are hiring these days...believe me, I know! But sometimes we may find something out that others never hear about. So, if we share it in that thread...we can maybe get a leg up on everyone!

Unread 06-03-2011, 03:47 PM

76 posts, read 48,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
Has anyone been able to find out if it will be retro for everyone or just those who were allready on eb. please advise thanks
They Claim I will see it I do my Certification in the Morning for 4 weeks and then Sunday for this week if you would just go back thru the threads u will see Ya you do...

Unread 06-03-2011, 03:56 PM

One thing I learned is that there's never usually any "break" in your unemployment, unless you find a temp position or whatever. Any delays in receiving your benefits...whatever weeks you missed is almost always retroactive. If you were on week 3 of Tier 4 when EB froze...you should get that 4 or 5 weeks of EB retro next week to get you caught up...as long as you can certify for those weeks (ie you were looking for work those weeks you couldn't certify). I don't know of any cases in the past where someone doesn't certify for weeks through no fault of their own and picks up right where they left off weeks later.

Unread 06-03-2011, 03:58 PM

40 posts, read 30,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpAck View Post

..on a day when there really is very little for the unemployed to get excited about
Are you reading the same news as me??

Perdue approves EB
Repub Budget approves EB
Republicans leave mic on-revealing their evil ways
I'd say it was a very exciting day for the unemployed

Unread 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBolin View Post

Perdue approves EB
Repub Budget approves EB
I was referring to May's pathetic jobs numbers (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Employers-added-54K-jobs-rate-apf-3059717337.html?x=0&.v=5 - broken link)...which is really a sign of troubling times for job seekers.

Benefits turning back on is nice...but bottom line, the jobs still aren't there and that's ultimately disconcerting.

Unread 06-03-2011, 04:07 PM

108 posts, read 92,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBolin View Post

Perdue approves EB
Repub Budget approves EB
The EB is just putting a band-aid on the problem. He is talking about the overall economy and how it is still just not bouncing back and that there is still not much hiring going on. Didn't you catch all the bad economic news today?

Unread 06-03-2011, 04:11 PM

1 posts, read 476 times
if benefits were paid via debit (mastercard) in the past, will live checks be mailed or will they continue to be deposited on the card?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina