U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 11:51 AM

171 posts, read 242,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
I would have to say I am no fan of Purdue BUT given the choice between her and a republican Gov. I would hope she would win, given what we have seen and heard in the last few months.

Oh no I wouldn't vote for a REP. Gov either, I would just try my best to support whoever runs against her in the primary. If she wins then I would just not vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 PM

230 posts, read 237,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacflies View Post
Your never-ending devotion to Gov Bev is truly awe-inspiring.

And your ever ending hatred for everything she does is just sad.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:33 PM

187 posts, read 229,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
EB is like the EUC tiers in that the actual number of weeks of benefits you will receive is based on how many weeks of original UI you received. If you qualified for 26 weeks of original, you will get 20 weeks of EB. If you qualified for more than 13 but less than 26 weeks of original, you will get between 10 and 20 weeks of EB. And if you qualified for exactly 13 weeks of original, you may or may not get EB -- you'll need to contact ESC.

Theoretically, NC could also trigger off EB if the unemployment rate went down by a large amount. But if you're almost through Tier 4, I don't see that as a concern in your case. In fact, I don't think NC is likely to trigger off EB in 2011 because of the unemployment rate.

Republicans are snorting around, saying that Governor Perdue usurped their legislative powers when she issued her EO. They can snort all they want to, but I don't think they're likely to win. They have their lawyers and Perdue has hers. Even IF they were to win the legal argument, it would hurt them politically to kill EB at this stage. And if EB has already been processed for tens of thousands of people, what are they going to do?

There are 2 things I'm going to remember about Governor Perdue:

1) Months ago, when the ESC wanted the unemployed to pay back money for ESC's mistake, she stepped in and told them they couldn't do that.

2) Republicans put up a roadblock at every turn in this EB mess. But Perdue found a way to get around them and get EB flowing again.
This is absolutely true. She has been there for us and if she was working with a democratic legislature, a lot more positive things would have been accomplished for the working class and for the state of North Carolina. She deserves a big "Thank You" for EB but also for letting the ones overpaid by the ESC keep that money, contrary to what certain others would have done....

Old 06-05-2011, 12:39 PM

187 posts, read 229,351 times
People, now that this EB mess is behind us, we need to focus on HR 589 concerninig the EUC extension. We need to work on this to make sure it is approved and voted on by congress, and any further news or details on this would surely be greatly appreciated....

Old 06-05-2011, 12:42 PM

264 posts, read 320,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
And your ever ending hatred for everything she does is just sad.
Sacflies never lets the facts interfere with his opinions.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:19 PM

191 posts, read 188,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3973 View Post
People, now that this EB mess is behind us, we need to focus on HR 589 concerninig the EUC extension. We need to work on this to make sure it is approved and voted on by congress, and any further news or details on this would surely be greatly appreciated....
You are right, while we concentrate on looking for work we should NOT forget about the 99ers and their plight because we could end up there too one day.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:28 PM

55 posts, read 57,633 times
I hope eveyone get paid tommaorw

Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 PM

59 posts, read 63,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holwager View Post
When would you have gone on EB? When was your original benefit year ending?
Sorry Holwager, been away for a time...Regular Benefit Year end 04/09/2011 EB Start date 03/27/11 Curious time frame I know...but I am just thankful to get anything right now, I think at this point I only have a few weeks remaining...not a full 20 weeks.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I will be right there with you, calling hoping to get through. When were you supposed to go on EB?
Sorry simpleman...been away...I went on EB 03/27/11.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
You are right, while we concentrate on looking for work we should NOT forget about the 99ers and their plight because we could end up there too one day.
So True...Everyone, Don't forget to sign up at and comment @

SignOn.org Beta

414 signature still needed for 99ers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or