U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 06:59 AM

49 posts, read 53,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
What happens when you get a job? Do you get off their system all together? Do you just stop reporting or do you have to file some type of form? I'm ready to tell ESC to kiss my "shut my mouth". I'm not receiving any checks since the lump sum because my part-time pay is too much. By the time my full time starts I will still be over the alotted amount I can make in a week. Therefore even though my job doesn't start until August I want to get off of unemployment NOW! Can't find any info online and can't get in to call. Any help would be good. My roommate just stopped reporting but she still receives letters and everything from them because her benefit year doesn't end until October.. I don't want that I want to offiially be out of their system.

All you have to do is stop filing per the Wilmington, NC ESC office. I was told I didn't have to do anything special when I found a job to alert the ESC. They told me to just stop filing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 11:33 AM

22 posts, read 43,248 times
They told me I had to call and tell them or else I would still be listed as a active claim

Old 06-20-2011, 03:23 PM

191 posts, read 185,049 times
Update for anyone still reading, I have an interview on Wed morning . Wish me luck.

Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 PM

122 posts, read 138,995 times
Got my claim transferred to Florida. It was painless, one phone call and faxed in my works search records. I think I should be good to go for a few more weeks!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:04 AM

59 posts, read 62,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman73 View Post
Update for anyone still reading, I have an interview on Wed morning . Wish me luck.
Simpleman, That is really great news! Thank you for sharing...please let us know the outcome.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:02 AM

191 posts, read 185,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloud057 View Post
Simpleman, That is really great news! Thank you for sharing...please let us know the outcome.
The interview went exceptionally well, I guess I will know something in the next week or two.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,087 times
Just received letter for first EB review. The date the NCESC chose is when I'll be out of town. Can these reviews be rescheduled?

Old 06-24-2011, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alp35360 View Post
Just received letter for first EB review. The date the NCESC chose is when I'll be out of town. Can these reviews be rescheduled?

Went to ESC today and was told I could come early, but today was too early. Just can't come later than scheduled meeting. Was asked to come back Monday.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:09 AM

33 posts, read 39,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alp35360 View Post
Went to ESC today and was told I could come early, but today was too early. Just can't come later than scheduled meeting. Was asked to come back Monday.

thanks for the info!

Old 06-25-2011, 06:03 PM

5 posts, read 4,927 times
Anyone that is on WIA program does not have to do a job search record. I went down ther yesterday and I was told that it wasn't needed. FYI.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or