Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 02:35 PM

33 posts, read 48,431 times

Advertisements

are we supossed to be getting the names of people we talk to? ive just been putting the business name and address... i dont see a spot for names
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 PM

9 posts, read 12,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi4484 View Post
are we supossed to be getting the names of people we talk to? ive just been putting the business name and address... i dont see a spot for names
I just put the business names/addresses down. They accepted it at my ESC.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:35 PM

ok good, that's what i've been doing. thanks

Old 06-29-2011, 11:24 PM

44 posts, read 63,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde12 View Post
We are required to contact at least 2 employers every week we are collecting unemployment benefits. This applies whether we are on original state benefits, EUC or EB. If you collected no benefits for that week, you're in the clear. Otherwise, it could be a problem . . .
I was on neither EUC nor EB for that one week. My EUC Tier 4 had expired - I somehow lost a week of benefits when I applied for my second year, which messed up my record keeping & I never saw nor received any notification that it had expired. I applied for EB & started the next week.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:52 PM

264 posts, read 363,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelp View Post
I was on neither EUC nor EB for that one week. My EUC Tier 4 had expired - I somehow lost a week of benefits when I applied for my second year, which messed up my record keeping & I never saw nor received any notification that it had expired. I applied for EB & started the next week.
I don't think it will be a problem then.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 AM

18 posts, read 33,792 times
Default EUB tier 4 about to end

I'm under the federal eub or euc what ever you call it. I recieved 6 months of state regular unemploymant benifits. Then they switched me to federal. This week is one year I have been on federal. Does the 20 week extension apply to me? Or am I done. I'm 48 years old. Worked all my life and can't find a damn job. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 07-03-2011, 08:02 PM

9 posts, read 12,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayte2003 View Post
I'm under the federal eub or euc what ever you call it. I recieved 6 months of state regular unemploymant benifits. Then they switched me to federal. This week is one year I have been on federal. Does the 20 week extension apply to me? Or am I done. I'm 48 years old. Worked all my life and can't find a damn job. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!
It should roll over to the 20 weeks EB, the ESC will send you a letter in the mail letting you know how much you are entitled to. Just be sure you are keeping a record of your job search because most everyone I know who is on EB has to go into their local ESC office to show it to them. They will send you a letter with an appointment date to do that as well, usually once a month while on EB. I started looking for work the day I was notified I was being laid off, 2 years ago and I still can't find a job I'm scared because EB won't last forever.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:35 AM

I went for my review today and after waiting an hour, I got called back to show my work search records. Took less than 2 minutes. I asked them what the requirements were for applying online vs. applying in person and he said it didnt matter at all as long as it was 2 a week.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:05 AM

18 posts, read 33,792 times
I don't see how I can go from federal back to state?

Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 PM

44 posts, read 63,753 times
I went in for my first review today. Called about 15 of us in to a conference room as a group. About half had been there before & the interviewer quickly passed them. Of the newcomers, I think I was the only one who had completed the form correctly. Those who didn't have the correct information were told they could get it in later today or first thing tomorrow morning & they would get paid this week; otherwise, it might take 4-6 weeks to get things straightened out & get paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina