Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 05:03 PM

9 posts, read 17,514 times

Advertisements

I know, i think its really strange too.. lol.. im a little worried, im thinking maybe its due to so many people being on it these days..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 01:02 PM

33 posts, read 48,218 times
i'd still call them because you wouldnt have much to show for 3 weeks.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:46 AM

162 posts, read 192,624 times
I go in this morning for review. This is my second visit since being on EB. I think I have one check left and that is it for me. Still no job. Only rejections. I have enough in the bank for maybe 2 months. The car needs servicing and I have lived with a toothache for over a month now. This is really scary time.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:11 AM

264 posts, read 362,485 times
President Obama and others are calling for an extension of the EUC benefits when they expire at the end of this year. I believe this is the last, best chance to also get help for the 99ers. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) has announced a new jobs and budget plan which includes 99er help. Here's the article:

Jan Schakowsky Announces New Budget Plan With Focus On Jobs

It's time to gear up that citizen action again -- phone calls, emails -- this time to our national legislators.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 AM

For any of you who have been following the debt ceiling negotiations the last few weeks, you have probably heard that a Super Committee in Congress is being formed that will have unprecedented budgetary powers. This committee will have 12 members: 3 Democratic senators, 3 Republican senators, 3 Republican representatives, and 3 Democratic representatives. The last I heard as of last night, 9 members had been named -- all the Senators and the 3 Republican representatives. The 3 Democratic representatives, to be named by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, had not been determined.

This is the right time to urge Nancy Pelosi to name representative Jan Schakowsky (D-Illinois) and other Progressives to this committee that understand the plight of the long-term unemployed.

Here's the link:

Contact Us // Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi

Old 08-11-2011, 12:41 PM

Nancy Pelosi has named the final 3 members of the Super Committee, so it's time to start lobbying these 12 individuals for a jobs package and for extended benefits for the unemployed. For those who think another unemployment benefits extension won't happen in today's political environment, think again.

A primary reason the markets tanked after the debt ceiling deal was because there was nothing in the deal to grow the economy. Economists know that the core problem with the economy is a lack of demand. Corporations are sitting on $2 trillion, but they won't invest it in hiring because they don't have enough customers to buy their products. A jobs package that includes unemployment benefits is a very efficient way to get money to people who are going to spend it, thereby increasing demand in the overall economy.

Here's a link to an article about the Debt Supercommittee:

Pelosi names final members to debt supercommittee - Yahoo! News

Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 AM

It looks like we have about 3 weeks before hearing details of the President's jobs plan. Here's an article:

Obama Jobs Speech: President To Unveil Plan To Address Unemployment, Boost Economy (VIDEO)

In the second paragraph: "The president's plan is likely to contain tax cuts, jobs-boosting infrastructure ideas and steps that would specifically help the long-term unemployed."

I think it's a probability that EUC or something like it will be renewed when it expires at the end of the year and a possibility that there will be help for the 99ers.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:22 PM

55 posts, read 100,308 times
This past sunday when I did my weekly certification there were three more questions that I have never seen before. Wondering if this is new or have I moved into a different catagory?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 PM

9 posts, read 12,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmrm97 View Post
This past sunday when I did my weekly certification there were three more questions that I have never seen before. Wondering if this is new or have I moved into a different catagory?
I get those 3 questions sometimes. I think every 6 weeks or so, not sure how often but it does happen once in a while.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,204 times
I recieved a letter today that stated Claim has active issue/Claim has Indefinite/Ineligible disqualification! It stated the amounts i would recieve and the when the benefits begins and ends! Im questioning if i will reciece my benefits? What does the the Claim has Indefinite/Ineligible disqualification mean? It said first Claim has active issue? Im scared I need my money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina