U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2011, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,219 times

Advertisements

This is probably a stupid question but I am scared and want to make sure I understand all of this. My husband got the I.itial 26 weeks and an additional 20. There is a balance in his "account" for the tier 2 13 weeks. However his benefit year is up and he has to file a new claim. He didn't have enough wages so he should go on and continue to get his tier 2 benefits for the 13 weeks. After that, will he atomatically go on to tier 3 as long as he exhausts tier 2 before the end of 2011?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2011, 05:19 PM

264 posts, read 328,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcottingham View Post
This is probably a stupid question but I am scared and want to make sure I understand all of this. My husband got the I.itial 26 weeks and an additional 20. There is a balance in his "account" for the tier 2 13 weeks. However his benefit year is up and he has to file a new claim. He didn't have enough wages so he should go on and continue to get his tier 2 benefits for the 13 weeks. After that, will he atomatically go on to tier 3 as long as he exhausts tier 2 before the end of 2011?
I believe your assumptions are correct.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 AM

20 posts, read 24,236 times
My benefit year ended yet I believe I have a few weeks left of the 99. I have always filed online. Do I just initiate a new claim online again? Whatever weeks I have coming will be the end of it.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth2816 View Post
My benefit year ended yet I believe I have a few weeks left of the 99. I have always filed online. Do I just initiate a new claim online again? Whatever weeks I have coming will be the end of it.
You probably need to call them because I think they have to ask you a couple questions.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 PM

13 posts, read 21,664 times
Going on the 16th week of filing my weekly certification and no payment. The rep was apologetic and walked me thru what was going on. He Said there was 4 issues and that 3 of them had been taken care of. He explained to me that my employer said I was discharged which of course is true though I had to take care of a medical issue. The rep that re-opened my claim said that I had quit so there lies the conflict. I needed time to get back on my medication so I could perform my job and not endanger anyone but I never told my employer that I quit. I understood their position and policy, and they told me I would receive a good reference. Oh yea the balance left has nothing to do with my last employer. The esc rep said that there was 20 weeks left but it was contingent upon the issue getting removed. My case was expedited on the 2nd of September and here it is the 19th. Goodness gracious NC esc!

Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 PM

30 posts, read 55,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherluv View Post
Going on the 16th week of filing my weekly certification and no payment. The rep was apologetic and walked me thru what was going on. He Said there was 4 issues and that 3 of them had been taken care of. He explained to me that my employer said I was discharged which of course is true though I had to take care of a medical issue. The rep that re-opened my claim said that I had quit so there lies the conflict. I needed time to get back on my medication so I could perform my job and not endanger anyone but I never told my employer that I quit. I understood their position and policy, and they told me I would receive a good reference. Oh yea the balance left has nothing to do with my last employer. The esc rep said that there was 20 weeks left but it was contingent upon the issue getting removed. My case was expedited on the 2nd of September and here it is the 19th. Goodness gracious NC esc!
sounds like you got a mess on your hands man, if it gets sorted out you will get a big lump sum

good luck though

Old 09-22-2011, 02:51 PM

13 posts, read 21,664 times
thanks....I guess the reason why I'm kinda miffed at this taking so long is 1, the reason for my separtion is due to the fact that I had a medical issue which would have put my patients,coworkers and self in danger & I informed my employer which has to qualify as a legitimate reason for separation...

Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 PM

108 posts, read 145,952 times
Had my 1st work search review today since being on unemployment. It literally took about 1 minute once I went back and sat down at the desk. I didn't even need to sit down. He took 2 sheets of my records (basically the last 4 weeks), quickly looked it over, asked if I had any questions, and I was outta there.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 992 times
They state that my "benefit year" ended on 09/17/2011. However, I became eligible for EB on 09/11/2011. On my "claim profile" it states that I am eligible for extended benefits. When I went to file my weekly certification today, it stated that I couldn't do it because my benefit year has expired. What happens next? In order to get EB, I had to call ESC. When I called them, did they not file my new claim? She didn't ask me any questions or anything. Is asking to be triggered for EB the same as filing a new year claim? I'm concerned that my unemployment will stop. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynurse11 View Post
They state that my "benefit year" ended on 09/17/2011. However, I became eligible for EB on 09/11/2011. On my "claim profile" it states that I am eligible for extended benefits. When I went to file my weekly certification today, it stated that I couldn't do it because my benefit year has expired. What happens next? In order to get EB, I had to call ESC. When I called them, did they not file my new claim? She didn't ask me any questions or anything. Is asking to be triggered for EB the same as filing a new year claim? I'm concerned that my unemployment will stop. Thanks.
EB and a new benefit year are different things, but I believe they both usually require a call to the ESC. If you had above a certain level of wages in the past year, your weekly benefit amount will change. If you had little or no wages in the past year, you will most likely continue with the EB until it's exhausted, unless you had some disqualifying issue at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or