U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-28-2011, 02:38 AM

6 posts, read 8,121 times
I am currently in my last 20 weeks of unemployment. I received a letter at my home in NC saying I need to come in for a face to face meeting.

I am currently not in NC, though I technically still reside there and want to know if I can somehow avoid going in for the face to face by faxing or emailing my job search records. If this is not possible, do they allow rescheduling?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 08:48 AM

264 posts, read 216,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softwaremets View Post
I am currently in my last 20 weeks of unemployment. I received a letter at my home in NC saying I need to come in for a face to face meeting.

I am currently not in NC, though I technically still reside there and want to know if I can somehow avoid going in for the face to face by faxing or emailing my job search records. If this is not possible, do they allow rescheduling?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.
I think only the ESC could answer your questions, although there may be others on this forum who have been in a similar situation and could tell you what kind of response to expect from the ESC.

Good luck.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:31 PM

1 posts, read 926 times
I'm currently on EB and up until this point I haven't had a review. Just wondering when the letter comes in. Been on EB 2 weeks and I don't want to miss my review because I never received a letter. How long before the review do the letters usually arrive?

Old 09-28-2011, 08:20 PM

9 posts, read 7,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colby9990 View Post
I'm currently on EB and up until this point I haven't had a review. Just wondering when the letter comes in. Been on EB 2 weeks and I don't want to miss my review because I never received a letter. How long before the review do the letters usually arrive?
I usually got my letters on a Thursday asking me to come in the following Monday, so I only got a few days notice, but I notice that others got much more advance notice. So I guess it just varies.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:27 PM

6 posts, read 8,121 times
Did any of you on EB receive the supplemental questions when filing online the week before your in person interview?

I noticed there were a number of posts earlier in the forum saying this has happened to a number of people and if it does then it takes the place of the in person appointment.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I believe your EB review won't be until after you've been on it for 4 weeks. Each time you go in for your 4-week review, they'll ask you for the work search records for those 4 previous weeks.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softwaremets View Post
Did any of you on EB receive the supplemental questions when filing online the week before your in person interview?

I noticed there were a number of posts earlier in the forum saying this has happened to a number of people and if it does then it takes the place of the in person appointment.
I'd also like to know the answer to your question. I'm wondering if they just did those online supplemental questions when they were overwhelmed with the confusion of fixing their overpayment errors and now they're back to requiring all EB people to show up in person.

Anyone on EB had online questions lately?

Old 09-29-2011, 05:34 PM

25 posts, read 26,517 times
Quote:

mine have been every 4 weeks since i have been on EB. i always get the letter a good week before i am scheduled to come in

Old 09-29-2011, 07:10 PM

30 posts, read 33,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babynurse11 View Post
They state that my "benefit year" ended on 09/17/2011. However, I became eligible for EB on 09/11/2011. On my "claim profile" it states that I am eligible for extended benefits. When I went to file my weekly certification today, it stated that I couldn't do it because my benefit year has expired. What happens next? In order to get EB, I had to call ESC. When I called them, did they not file my new claim? She didn't ask me any questions or anything. Is asking to be triggered for EB the same as filing a new year claim? I'm concerned that my unemployment will stop. Thanks.
you have to call the Raleigh office and have them "activate" your EB

DO NOT file a new claim/YEAR or it will cause problems

just call the Raleigh office and let them know what is going on with your claim/life and they will fix it, if you get a "bad" operator than hang up and call again and again until you feel "they" understand your problem.

we all went through what you are goign through and it is fixable no matter what is/has been done etc
so no need to worry you have 6 more months of benefits coming

Old 10-02-2011, 10:43 AM

13 posts, read 14,817 times
Well just wanted everybody know that they finally resolved those issues and processed for payment. I have to admit I was about ready to give up after 15 weeks of the run around but those nice encouraging reps at the local offices sure wouldn't let me. So sharing that so if anyone else has 4 issues to not give up awaiting adjudcation or an unfavorable ruling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina