U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 AM

171 posts, read 250,966 times

Advertisements

As of July of 2013 NC extended unemployment will no longer exist. At 9.2 percent unemployment and people of all fields and backgrounds still getting laid off. 20 weeks and a max of $350 dollars a week is all anyone will receive in NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 12,505 times
Yeah please answer ....I as well just ended tier 1 and I'm curious how long the wait in between payments is? I called when my claim was low this week and the lady said to claim like normal this Sunday well it is now Sunday and the I made my claim it told me It" was accepted but would have to wait on a payment due to eligibility issue" is this something normal and just has to go through the system ..and now claim benefit profile says active issues ...the lady on the phone reassured me I didn't need to fill out a paper form or online form I really want to know how long until my next payment.or does it come just as usual... THANK YOU1

Old 02-18-2013, 04:54 AM

It should come as normal but you never know. when was this? I believe everything is closed today due to presidents day. I remember that my claim never went through on a Monday that was a holiday.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:01 AM

7 posts, read 9,046 times
Default UC Benefits

Here's my question. My first claim was filed in 12/2011. I was collecting benefits until 11/2012 when I exhausted all 4 tiers. My base wage period for that year was 7/2010 through 6/2011. I have wages through the end of the 2011 year which were never used. I was told by 2 people in my local office that I would be able to file a new claim on 12/9/2012, which I did. $ different people told me I was eligible. Then I get a notice that says I am not eligible because I did not have subsequent wages since the end of the first claim. I don't see how this is possible if I had over 21,000 dollars that were not used as a base wage period. I tried calling everyone and got the same run around every time. My understanding of unemployment was that you could not work while collecting benefits. I have sent out over 300 resumes. No one wants to interview me. I can't find a job anywhere and it's driving me nuts!!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarbill300 View Post
Here's my question. My first claim was filed in 12/2011. I was collecting benefits until 11/2012 when I exhausted all 4 tiers. My base wage period for that year was 7/2010 through 6/2011. I have wages through the end of the 2011 year which were never used. I was told by 2 people in my local office that I would be able to file a new claim on 12/9/2012, which I did. $ different people told me I was eligible. Then I get a notice that says I am not eligible because I did not have subsequent wages since the end of the first claim. I don't see how this is possible if I had over 21,000 dollars that were not used as a base wage period. I tried calling everyone and got the same run around every time. My understanding of unemployment was that you could not work while collecting benefits. I have sent out over 300 resumes. No one wants to interview me. I can't find a job anywhere and it's driving me nuts!!!!

that is strange, not the strangest thing I've heard on here but strange,

two questions,,, 1. Why did you claim 6 months after your base wage period? Did you have 6 months worth of severance? 2. Did you not qualify for the State extended benefits? That comes in after the 4 tiers end.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarbill300 View Post
oh also, were the wages from another company that was different from the one that laid you off.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
oh also, were the wages from another company that was different from the one that laid you off.
Dazeja, Here is the situation. I couldn't get a full post yesterday, had to go somewhere.

Base wage periods are based on the time of year the claim is filed. My initial claim was filed in december of 2011. Based on that filing month, my base wage period for that claim was july of 2010 through the end of june of 2011. For that claim they used my wages from employment from 7/2010 through 6/2011. But, I still had wages from my most recent employer through the end of 2011, which were not used in that initial claim. This is the ncesc rule. I asked 2 people at my local office when I could use the last 6 months of my employment for a claim. They told me that if I went through the first 4 tiers of my initial claim without finding a job, I would have to wait until 12/9/2012, then file a new claim. I have not found a job yet, and went through all 4 tiers in the first claim. That claim ended in november of 2012. I then filed a new claim on 12/9/2012, as I was told I could by my local office. This new claim filed in 12/2012 would have a base wage period of july 2011 through the end of june 2012. That would use the last 6 months of my wages that were not used in my initial claim. I then get a letter from ncesc stating what my weekly benefit amount would be, how many weeks I had available, it showed my base wage period for the last 6 months of my employment, and what my total benefit amount was. Then I noticed at the bottom of the letter it says I am not eligible because I do not have any subsequent wages. I called raleigh and they said I am not eligible because from the time my first claim ended(11/2012) to the filing of my new claim(12/2012) I had not earned 6 times the average weekly wage of just over $800 dollars per week. They said I did not have subsequent wages. No one ever mentioned this before. 2 people from my local office said I was eligible. I even asked them late last year if they saw anything in my file that would keep me from getting this new claim, and they said no. I then spoke to 2 people from the raleigh office after they denied me, and these 2 people said I was eligible. Then I get phone calls from a trainer that says that these 4 other people were wrong. I find it very difficult to believe that 4 people, in 2 different offices were wrong. I have over $21,000 dollars from the last 6 months of my employment that were not used in my initial claim, and they will not let me file a claim based on those wages. Those wages were from the same employer as my first claim. I don't know what else to do. I gave up calling because I keep getting the same run around. If anyone has had a situation similar to this, please let me know. I have been out of work now for almost 15 months. It's difficult just trying to get an interview. At this point, my college degree means absolutely nothing.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazeja View Post
that is strange, not the strangest thing I've heard on here but strange,

two questions,,, 1. Why did you claim 6 months after your base wage period? Did you have 6 months worth of severance? 2. Did you not qualify for the State extended benefits? That comes in after the 4 tiers end.
Dazeja, here are the answers to your questions:

1) Base wage period is determined from the month your claim is filed. No severance.
2) I was not told about state extended benefits. Raleigh office has told me I do not qualify. Where is there info about this that I can read up on. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:32 PM

21,509 posts, read 43,785,893 times
In order to be eligible for a new claim, you need to have worked and earned NEW wages after you filed for benefits for NC to consider the $21k from your previous employer not used in your other base year.

Because you haven't worked since you lost your job, no new claim.

Visit the UE forum on CD. You'll find most of your answers in FAQs.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/

Sorry to hear about NC halting EUC on July 1. I don't get how NC saves money, as it doesn't have to borrow to pay these benefits. It is all about saving the employers money.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...mployment.html

Gotta love that GOP. I hope you guys didn't vote for these people.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,685 times
The web site and govt employees are a joke!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or