Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2010, 09:44 PM

131 posts, read 231,735 times

Advertisements

jdljr---Thank you so very much for coming back so soon! It was great talking to you today & I truly appreciated your explanation regarding the letters.

As you can see, you are very needed & appreciated by most everyone on this thread.

Your patience is amazing to me! Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 09:47 PM

656 posts, read 1,135,484 times
Jdljr, welcome back!
I asked you a simular question last week. Just getting nervous if I should do this OR not...?
I'll try to keep this short. I've decided(?) to take some part time hours next week which will total aprox.$458.00 that I will claim when I certify on March20th.
This amount is 2 1/2 of what I make weekly on my new 2nd year UI amount($183.00) with only a $36.00 earning allowance weekly.
I know they'll have to hold out my pay for 2 weeks and almost 1/2 of the 3rd week.
Will this cause issues with esc, since the amount I'm going to make is so much more than what I get paid on my benefit amount.
If it will freeze my unemployment, or cause something to pop up with "intervening employment" ect... I've decieded to not work the temp/ PT job. I've worked some temp. hrs before but never had to claim more than my weekly benefit amount .
thanks for some help with this

Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM

656 posts, read 1,135,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
jdljr---Thank you so very much for coming back so soon! It was great talking to you today & I truly appreciated your explanation regarding the letters.

As you can see, you are very needed & appreciated by most everyone on this thread.

Your patience is amazing to me! Thanks again!
He's appreciated by 99.9% and that's pretty darn good, although it should be 100% So GLADDDDDD he's back!.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:30 PM

86 posts, read 173,475 times
everybody stop pointing fingers at people who had arguments with JDLJR. it's a done deal. no need for these reminders. it's obvious he is appreciated and needed.
we should all send the thank you letter to his local office. unless, he doesn't want his co-workers to know about that. but if it is ok by him, we should help him in return with something and send a thank you letter or some kind of letter.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
SEVERANCE pay is no longer reportable when filing for unemployment. This change was effective in October, 2009. You can file for your unemployment without regards to the severance.

Now, if it is SEPARATION pay (vacation, bonus, etc.), that must still be reported, and you would be ineligible for unemployment for as long as the period that the separation pay covers.
After surfing this website, you are clearly the expert here, but i cant seem to find ANYTHING from NC to confirm this. In fact, the only references I can find on offical state sites seem to say the opposite.

I understand this is a new/changed policy, but is there any place you can direct me to confirm this with the State?

Thanks!!

Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 AM

6 posts, read 10,705 times
I have been surviving on unemployment benefits since 11/2008. My current benefit year expires 11/2010, but I did receive a letter saying I was ineligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages. It seems to me that requirement would be waived in this time of record unemployment. If I could get a job in order to satisfy the 1.5 requirement; I probably wouldn't need unemployment benefits..

Does anyone know if the 1.5 times requirement is NC only; or is it a federal requirement?

Last edited by Siss101; 03-10-2010 at 08:01 AM..

Old 03-10-2010, 08:13 AM

177 posts, read 303,204 times
I've been posting and getting good answers on this post for a long time. I want to share my situation and hope others who may be dealing with the same thing can, if nothing else, at least worry and be frustrated with me. I started ue benefits in November of 2008. I got 21 weeks. I got 16 weeks of Tier 1, 10.5 weeks of tier 2, qualified for EB and recieved one week before my benefit year ended. (I had a couple of weeks of contract work which threw off the weeks -that is why they do not add up to 52). My 2nd benefit year started in November of 2009. I recieved 13 weeks. I was called in for a RES meeting, which I attended including everything that was offered to me. I was able to create a professional relationship with a local rep. Due to one day of work, my benfits were thrown off by $10 and I got that on Feb. 28th. I do not meet the 1.5 rule for extensions in this new year. Now, according to what I have read, my tier 3 should pull forward. When I tried to certify this week the system would not let me instead it takes me to a screen saying all benefits exhausted. I emailed the local rep who told me my benefits were exhausted. I asked about a Pull forward. She said she knew nothing about that and would talk to her supervisor. I waited two days and then after talking with a friend who is a simular situation called the 1-866-795-8877 number. (My friend called this number and the person she spoke with (unfortunately she did not get his name) was able to fix her file manually. When I called I was told there was nothing they could do there and the IT department would have to fix it. She said she would put my file on her supervisors desk and that was all she could do period. She told me my friend was lying and they couldn't do anything there. She was very rude. I told her I knew they were busy and not eveyone was being polite but I just needed help. She held firm that she could do nothing. she couldn't tell me who to call or what to do but just wait and see if it works itself out. I am hoping that Jdljr is right and all this will be fixed at the beginning of April when they run the next pull forward. However, I will not be paid for back weeks because I can not even certify right now. I am at the end of my rope and just in a holding pattern. If anyone can offer anything else other than just wait and see I'd really appreciate it. Also anyone else in the same situation? Misery loves company! LOL No really I'd be more comfortable knowing it wasn't just me and would have more hope tht it will eventually be fixed.

WELCOME BACK JDLJR!!!!!!

Last edited by jskin; 03-10-2010 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 03-10-2010, 08:23 AM

10 posts, read 21,572 times
Well I got a nasty letter from ESC. They said they overpaid me for all those weeks in November til January, the extension that Obama and Congress passed. It seems I had worked for 2 weeks in the year before that threw off my extension and made me ineligible. I only worked 2 weeks though, and was with a temporary company! I guess legally they can disqualify you, even though I have the right to appeal this, I don't know if I could win. I did quit that job simply because it was such a crappy assignment and barely paid minimum wage , literally. So I guess they can say I refused work. I'm hoping that JLJDR can maybe offer some insight on this , if I should file an appeal. I only have a couple more days to send in the appeal, but if there's a hearing what will come of that. Stuck between a rock and a hard place and now I have no way of paying back those 14 weeks or so that I have to pay back, all on account of 2 measely weeks of temporary employment. Please offer some hope somebody!!
Also, I was (still am) waiting on tier 4, but now I guess that will be cut off to me since supposedly I'm ineligible in the first place.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertNC View Post
Well I got a nasty letter from ESC. They said they overpaid me for all those weeks in November til January, the extension that Obama and Congress passed. It seems I had worked for 2 weeks in the year before that threw off my extension and made me ineligible. I only worked 2 weeks though, and was with a temporary company! I guess legally they can disqualify you, even though I have the right to appeal this, I don't know if I could win. I did quit that job simply because it was such a crappy assignment and barely paid minimum wage , literally. So I guess they can say I refused work. I'm hoping that JLJDR can maybe offer some insight on this , if I should file an appeal. I only have a couple more days to send in the appeal, but if there's a hearing what will come of that. Stuck between a rock and a hard place and now I have no way of paying back those 14 weeks or so that I have to pay back, all on account of 2 measely weeks of temporary employment. Please offer some hope somebody!!
Also, I was (still am) waiting on tier 4, but now I guess that will be cut off to me since supposedly I'm ineligible in the first place.

Did you cliam the income when you worked? If so, I'd think if anything the two weeks of work would help your case.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
everybody stop pointing fingers at people who had arguments with JDLJR. it's a done deal. no need for these reminders. it's obvious he is appreciated and needed.
we should all send the thank you letter to his local office. unless, he doesn't want his co-workers to know about that. but if it is ok by him, we should help him in return with something and send a thank you letter or some kind of letter.
How about it JDLJR? Is there some way we could have you recognized for your efforts? Does NCESC have an employee of the year? I know you will say it is unneccesary, however we'd love to help you the way you have helped all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina