Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintree View Post
I received a letter for 4th tier mailed on 3/18/2010 telling me I was eligible for the 6 weeks, but when I went online to file it said I had to open a new claim, ok, so I called and did so and was told I could only get the payments starting last week, not retro, but when I inquired further, she checked with her supervisor and was able to back up the payments to enter 4 weeks tomorrow.

So that is what I am going to do, but at the end of this tier, then what!!! I still cannot land a job, I interview regularly, but no call back and I am qualified, except, I think being 51 years old is a true detriment, although I know THAT is illegal, but are we all going to be dropped at that time??? Anyone have any thoughts? I WANT to work not do this but the economy still has not gotten better, I feel like I will never land a job NOW WHAT?!?
Well sounds like we're near the same age.
After so many years in my job field, I know age pushed me out the door!
I also know that some of the places I have gone back in to interview with , doesn't want to take a risk on me at this age. Mentally I'm 30(ha!) Physically I'm still strong.,physically I can do the job and have great references and past job experience ect.....
IMO, from what I read I honestly don't think there will be a tier 5.
Even if there is, things will still have an end and here we are.... it's get's very depressing. I've been checking online for some inhome jobs, but there's really nothing dependable and available right now.. I suppose I'll keep on keepin on and pray ALOT! I'm sorry to vent, I'm just having a downer day.

Good news for you with your 4 weeks back pay on your tier 4!
Congrats, I hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 11:48 AM

3 posts, read 5,620 times
I have just registered but have been reading this thread since the whole extension process began. Thank you jdljr for your efforts!

My first question is, why are they basing my tier3 and tier4 extension percentages off of my second base period rather than my original one. My second base period being the one where they used left over money based on quarters that i had worked i think. It seems like everyone else has to exhaust thier tiers before they get this money that "pulls forward".

Also i filed my weekly cert friday for the tier4 and was able to claim 4 weeks. Sunday i filed for another week and today there is some amount which im guessing is teh extra week of tier 2. No tier 4 money yet. Has anyone seen this this morning?

My second base period was 16 of 26 weeks which is aprox 62%. So does that mean that i should get 62% of tier 4 and 62 % of the extra week?

Thanks

Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM

767 posts, read 1,847,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Well sounds like we're near the same age.
After so many years in my job field, I know age pushed me out the door!
I also know that some of the places I have gone back in to interview with , doesn't want to take a risk on me at this age. Mentally I'm 30(ha!) Physically I'm still strong.,physically I can do the job and have great references and past job experience ect.....
IMO, from what I read I honestly don't think there will be a tier 5.
Even if there is, things will still have an end and here we are.... it's get's very depressing. I've been checking online for some inhome jobs, but there's really nothing dependable and available right now.. I suppose I'll keep on keepin on and pray ALOT! I'm sorry to vent, I'm just having a downer day.

Good news for you with your 4 weeks back pay on your tier 4!
Congrats, I hope it all goes smoothly tomorrow
Hang in there...my DH is 55, was out of work almost 2 yrs and was out of UI (except for tier 4), but finally landed a job! I recommend trying the state or gov't in general. The majority of the hiring managers are probably your age and I always think that helps.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:23 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoisbetter View Post
Hang in there...my DH is 55, was out of work almost 2 yrs and was out of UI (except for tier 4), but finally landed a job! I recommend trying the state or gov't in general. The majority of the hiring managers are probably your age and I always think that helps.
Thanks
It's Totally out of my field(medical), however I've thought about it.
My job coach also mentioned that when I went to RES.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:38 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,435,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyII View Post
I have just registered but have been reading this thread since the whole extension process began. Thank you jdljr for your efforts!

My first question is, why are they basing my tier3 and tier4 extension percentages off of my second base period rather than my original one. My second base period being the one where they used left over money based on quarters that i had worked i think. It seems like everyone else has to exhaust thier tiers before they get this money that "pulls forward".

Also i filed my weekly cert friday for the tier4 and was able to claim 4 weeks. Sunday i filed for another week and today there is some amount which im guessing is teh extra week of tier 2. No tier 4 money yet. Has anyone seen this this morning?

My second base period was 16 of 26 weeks which is aprox 62%. So does that mean that i should get 62% of tier 4 and 62 % of the extra week?

Thanks
So when you started a 2nd benefit year, did you qualify for a new round of Tier 1 and 2? If not, then they would have pulled forward any unused EUC. When they do genuine pull-forwards, the weekly benefit amount reverts back to the previous benefit year, and I was also of the belief that subsequent tiers would be calculated based on the claim duration of the first benefit year, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'll have to ask a colleague to see what her belief is.

And I am also not sure of the calculations re: the 62% you indicated. Tier 4 is UP TO 6 weeks...so if you had originally gotten 26 weeks of regular UI, you should get 6 weeks of Tier 4. The Tier 2 extra week essentially brings the total Tier 2 amount to 54% of the original duration.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:13 PM

when i said 62% i calculated that from 16/26 weeks, which is what i received in my second benefit year of regular benefits. I received these benefits based on wages earned before i started my unemployment all together. The weekly amount changed to a slightly higher amount than the previous year. This is also the year that they used to calculate the percentage of each tier that i received. 16/26 is 8/13. and i received 8 weeks of tier 3. I really am curious about why they used my second benefit year to calculate the newest tiers.

Sorry i do not remember much about what i received before tier 3 and 4 because i received a few letters at a time all with different amounts and it all seemed really disorderly and confusing. IDK

Has anyone not recieved tier 4 today? it didnt go through in to my account today. Hopefully tonight!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,862 times
Default Still not able to file for week ending 2/20

I have been trying to file for over a week for week ending 2/20 but the computer first said it had already been filed, so I called. The first girl I got said she would key it in and it would go through on Friday. She did not do it. I called again. The second lady said she would key it in through March and the next day I would be able to key the rest. It did not happen. Now it shows I have active issues from filing late?? I called again and now they are telling me they will key it in and then I will have to wait until tomorrow again...I am about to lose my mind, I have already lost my home and I am about to lose this one because rent is due. I don't know how to express to them that this is not working...everytime I try to tell them they just tell me how this is the process and they cut me off, one lady actually hung up on me and I was being as nice as possible.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:12 AM

767 posts, read 1,847,368 times
Ok, my DH called today, and he was told that because he did not reopen his claim until March 10th (he had tried to file every week since Jan. and been told he couldn't, then it said its been over 4 weeks since you filed and you need to reopen, which he did) that now he is not eligible for all 4 weeks from tier 4, only for the time between March 10th & 17th? WTH? So you just lose the benefits? Are you kidding me?

Old 03-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Two, I had the same thing happen and i just called teh extension hotline. they said the extra week was sent to the acount and tier 4 would be in my acount in the morning.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:56 AM

177 posts, read 304,408 times
Thank you to Suezq and Penny1234.

I called 707-1991. The very nice and helpful lady there told me that my claim was one of those that needed an extra step to be done. She printed it out for IT. She says they will fix it on Wednesday and I should get paid. At that point I should be able to file for week ending 3/20 and beyond. Lets hope she knows what she is talking about. I will keep you all posted as this works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina